First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Jay's very busy and he already said he doesn't have time (3 seconds) to wait for the damper to drop the tailgate. I think we have a better shot at Al. :giggle:
Don't forget retired. As Uncle Leo would say "He's on a fixed income!" LMAO

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
It's like the Geico slogan except, 3 seconds saves you new tailgate cables?
I could reverse charge those tailgate dampers forcing it open faster, and the cables would still be happier than when they see my fat ass about to climb up.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I could reverse charge those tailgate dampers forcing it open faster, and the cables would still be happier than when they see my fat ass about to climb up.
Good intro to the tailgate ladder thread that followed on to the tailgate damper thread(s) :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On second thought you might not be a good candidate for one. ?

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yet another thread that has gone down the idiot damper toilet :headbang:

Anyway, good choice in trucks. :sunglasses: Yours is a copy of mine on the exterior. Non-FX4 or appearance package isn't all that common.

Jay69

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Surveyor
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2020 (used) Ranger Lariat 4x4. I've been looking at trucks for a few years and finally found one I liked. I always liked the Tacomas, but they seem a little pricier and gas mileage was not as good. I looked at the Maverick extensively and for the price of an XLT Maverick optioned the way I wanted it I was going to pay around $33k. So, I felt like I got a bigger, more capable truck in the Ranger.

I found my truck randomly checking car gurus at a used car place. Its got 30k miles on it, car fax says it was a rental/fleet but otherwise clean. A few scratches and a scrape on the body, the bed is pretty scraped up, which is OK since I plan on adding a spray in liner eventually. Mechanically it runs great, only thing is it drifts left when you let go of the steering wheel which is kind of annoying. It has 4x4, tech package, but that's it I wish it had the towing package but I can add that later. All in I paid $33,870 before taxes and fees. How did I do? Is the price too good to be true? Anyone know if Ford's warranty will cover the drifting issue?

rg1.jpg

rg2.jpg
Keep an eye on your oil level.
I purchased a 2021 XLT it’s has 900 miles on it and I took it to the dealer this morning because it has gas in the oil. The dealer is acting like the never heard of it. But I am playing dumb on it right know.

OP
OP

Rangerguy91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Welcome to the forum! That's a good price considering the used (and new) car market is through the roof right now. Great color too, that was my second color choice. As the others have said I would defiantly get an alignment and seeing as you just bought it I'm sure the dealer would take care of it for you. You'll need all the money you can get if you're going to stay on here as this place has been known to drain bank accounts while you're asleep. Just ask Brandon. :shock:?

Thank you! It does still have factory warranty for about another 5k miles. I purchased it from a used car place, not from a Ford dealership. But because it has warranty I should be able to go to any Ford dealer for service right?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you! It does still have factory warranty for about another 5k miles. I purchased it from a used car place, not from a Ford dealership. But because it has warranty I should be able to go to any Ford dealer for service right?
I'm not sure but I don't think it's covered under warrantee. I would assume this is considered a "wear and tear" item especially seeing as there are so many bad roads throughout the country than everyone would be bringing theirs back for alignments. I would contact your dealer and ask them if they'll cover it, they should if you just bought it and it shouldn't have been sold in that condition. Hopefully they take care of you.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I don't think Ford will cover alignments but it is worth getting it checked even if you pay for it. By the , Nice Ranger.
Sponsored