Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, too dang big, put the key fob to 3 different vehicles on your key ring, put this mess in your front pocket. walking into Walmart and you might get propositioned.?
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yep, too dang big, put the key fob to 3 different vehicles on your key ring, put this mess in your front pocket. walking into Walmart and you might get propositioned.?
Why carry the key for 3 different vehicles on one ring? You can only drive one @ time.

We have 3 intelligent access vehicles in my household. Each fob gets a house key on it and is a standalone unit. Pretty simple and easy.

Even with normal keys I would do this in the past. A huge key ring is hard on the pockets and the ignition cylinder.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Why carry the key for 3 different vehicles on one ring? You can only drive one @ time.

We have 3 intelligent access vehicles in my household. Each fob gets a house key on it and is a standalone unit. Pretty simple and easy.

Even with normal keys I would do this in the past. A huge key ring is hard on the pockets and the ignition cylinder.
I think we're close to having one fob operate multiple vehicles; not too terribly complex technology, I'm surprised it's not available.
We have non-I.A. vehicles but both have keyless entry keypads. We just lock the fob/lollipop key in the vehicles. It's 15 steps and 2 landings from the garage up to the main level of our townhome if forget to grab the keys off the counter :curse: and I don't have to carry it/them while riding my bicycle.

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase

My age is showing, Before key fobs, all the keys went onto 1 ring, harder to lose that way. now two of the fobs are for push button cars, the expedition still has a old fashion key plus a very small fob. (Which I appreciate) having 4 separate set of keys means I am always searching for a set of keys or the fob. then the fob get left in the car.

There are two drivers and 3 vehicles at home, I am always playing musical cars, and often will have all 3 fobs in my pocket at once. My Mazda key fob has the same features as the ford key fob and is half the size. fords key fob is too big.

Plus I was trying to add some humor to the whole key fob debacle

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
My age is showing, Before key fobs, all the keys went onto 1 ring, harder to lose that way. now two of the fobs are for push button cars, the expedition still has a old fashion key plus a very small fob. (Which I appreciate) having 4 separate set of keys means I am always searching for a set of keys or the fob. then the fob get left in the car.

There are two drivers and 3 vehicles at home, I am always playing musical cars, and often will have all 3 fobs in my pocket at once. My Mazda key fob has the same features as the ford key fob and is half the size. fords key fob is too big.

Plus I was trying to add some humor to the whole key fob debacle
Guess it's a matter of what you're used to. Like I said I did separate key rings for each vehicle even before fobs and smart keys as it is not good to have 4lbs of keys hanging from the ignition cylinder.

We're in a similar boat, but add 1 driver and 1 vehicle. My wife's keys live in her purse on the banister and mine live on the gun safe in my closet. If I'm switching cars I'm surely popping inside and will grab the keys I need. Works for me but I could see how it might not for some.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I think we're close to having one fob operate multiple vehicles; not too terribly complex technology, I'm surprised it's not available.
We have non-I.A. vehicles but both have keyless entry keypads. We just lock the fob/lollipop key in the vehicles. It's 15 steps and 2 landings from the garage up to the main level of our townhome if forget to grab the keys off the counter :curse: and I don't have to carry it/them while riding my bicycle.
That's a good solution.

As a milkman steps are the enemy, I'd avoid them at all costs too!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Six week old XLT, FORDPASS unlock has failed and FORDPASS help chat says hardware comm error. Dealer found nothing wrong.... Using the hitch lock now...
Although that sucks, it has nothing to do with remote start via FordPass, or an Intelligent Access key, the two topics of my post.

Not sure why you quoted me.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry about going off topic especially in your own thread. Just about every thread goes off topic at some point. Plus we like to hear and see others off roading experiences even if it's not a Ranger. Soon enough you'll have the UPS guy at your house delivering all sorts of stuff for your Ranger. Some you never remember ordering because this site just orders stuff automatically for you. :curse:
That makes me feel so much better...I thought it was just me. ?
Sponsored