First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Hi: My parents have been strickly ford owners for over 50 some years(dad owned a lot of ford trucks for his business)and to this day they still own fords. Me however never owned a ford, my vehicles had consisted of a 1997 dodge dakota(had it for about 6 years), 2001 Nissan Frontier(purchased in 2003) and had that until I purchased a new 2011 Dodge Dakota. I have now been retired from the Coast Guard and I have put many miles on my 2011 Dodge Dakota and its been showing signs of retiring, so I decided it was time to get a new truck. The Dakota does not exist anymore since 2011 was the last year they made the Dakota. After much research I decided to give Ford a chance after all my parents have never owned anything other than ford. I test drove a 2020 Ford Bronco Sport and while it was nice it just did not have the towing capability i needed(I own a boat). So I decided to test drive a 2020(manager's special, had 2,000 miles on it) Ford Ranger XLT 4x2. At the dealership I was given the keys and he told me to come back in 30 mins....(where I am from in florida that is unusual to be able to go test drive a vehicle for that long and alone). I gave it a really nice test drive and I truly enjoyed it. So after some price tagging...we came up with a final deal and i walked out of there with a 2020 White Ford Ranger XLT. Currently I will be getting the leveling kit to level it off, and will be getting some Focal Speakers and a kicker amp to power them. I do not have too much more that I want to do, but I will also be getting weather tech gear(front floor board mats, and rear mats, and weather tech vent visors).
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi: My parents have been strickly ford owners for over 50 some years(dad owned a lot of ford trucks for his business)and to this day they still own fords. Me however never owned a ford, my vehicles had consisted of a 1997 dodge dakota(had it for about 6 years), 2001 Nissan Frontier(purchased in 2003) and had that until I purchased a new 2011 Dodge Dakota. I have now been retired from the Coast Guard and I have put many miles on my 2011 Dodge Dakota and its been showing signs of retiring, so I decided it was time to get a new truck. The Dakota does not exist anymore since 2011 was the last year they made the Dakota. After much research I decided to give Ford a chance after all my parents have never owned anything other than ford. I test drove a 2020 Ford Bronco Sport and while it was nice it just did not have the towing capability i needed(I own a boat). So I decided to test drive a 2020(manager's special, had 2,000 miles on it) Ford Ranger XLT 4x2. At the dealership I was given the keys and he told me to come back in 30 mins....(where I am from in florida that is unusual to be able to go test drive a vehicle for that long and alone). I gave it a really nice test drive and I truly enjoyed it. So after some price tagging...we came up with a final deal and i walked out of there with a 2020 White Ford Ranger XLT. Currently I will be getting the leveling kit to level it off, and will be getting some Focal Speakers and a kicker amp to power them. I do not have too much more that I want to do, but I will also be getting weather tech gear(front floor board mats, and rear mats, and weather tech vent visors).
Hi Ethan,

I hope the Ford Ranger provides the longevity and reliability you seek as well as tow your boat. It comes from a long heritage of Ranger vehicles and I believe Ford Tough still means something more than marketing hype...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Hi Ethan,

I hope the Ford Ranger provides the longevity and reliability you seek as well as tow your boat. It comes from a long heritage of Ranger vehicles and I believe Ford Tough still means something more than marketing hype...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the welcome message. I am looking forward to keeping this for a long time. The only thing I regret was not doing a bit more research on getting the Fx2 option, did not know anything about it. I elected to get 4x2 because I could not afford the 4x4, but the Fx2 option looked appealing, but I noticed they had that option after about 30 days of owning my Ranger. OH well..

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Congratulations and thanks for your service. I love my Ranger and hope you will feel the same once you have had it for a while.

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Congratulations and thanks for your service. I love my Ranger and hope you will feel the same once you have had it for a while.
Thanks, so far I am enjoying it. I have put 2,000 miles on it already....getting read to get a leveling kit installed, and some Focal speakers and amp installed! Weather tech mats are coming soon!

MattSucks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Fellow Coastie here, I have 22 years in. CWO on a cutter. Congrats on retirement and the new Ranger!

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Fellow Coastie here, I have 22 years in. CWO on a cutter. Congrats on retirement and the new Ranger!
Thanks!!! Did you enter service then around 1999? I signed April 1999. Going back to college right now graduating with my bachelor's around June of this year, then going right into my Master's. Thanks!! Semper Paratus!!!

MattSucks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!! Did you enter service then around 1999? I signed April 1999. Going back to college right now graduating with my bachelor's around June of this year, then going right into my Master's. Thanks!! Semper Paratus!!!
Summer of '98. About to be at the 23 year mark, going to try to hit 30 years. But we will see, going back to a cutter with kids makes it a difficult choice to keep going. That was the price to pay to pick up CWO...

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Summer of '98. About to be at the 23 year mark, going to try to hit 30 years. But we will see, going back to a cutter with kids makes it a difficult choice to keep going. That was the price to pay to pick up CWO...
Yes definitely makes it for a difficult decision..which cutter are you on?

Viscerol

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Mortician
Stating the obvious...With the money you saved getting a truck with a few miles, you can upgrade the parts that make a FX2 package.

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Stating the obvious...With the money you saved getting a truck with a few miles, you can upgrade the parts that make a FX2 package.
I can get the parts, with the exception, the Fx2 package also includes a locking rear diff...that is not something you can order from Ford?????

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Welcome, I am surprised the dealer let you take it out alone being in Hudson, lol where did you buy it from ??

OP
OP

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Welcome, I am surprised the dealer let you take it out alone being in Hudson, lol where did you buy it from ??
I actually bought my Ranger at Brandon Ford....the sales person was an internet sale person, he might have not known any better...lol

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Brandon Ford is a great location I purchased my old ranger from there, you can pretty much test it out at any speed , got I-75 close by and and can get some decent feedback from driving on 301 . I bought my 19 from Veterans Ford
Sponsored