New Members Introduce Yourself!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Greetings from Hampton Roads, Virginia. Old guy here now the proud owner of a 2019 Magnetic Lariat FX4. I've been reading the site for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on a "leftover". Now it's trying to figure everything out. Already purchased a Gator EFX hard folding Tonneau cover, side window deflectors, floor mats and bed mat. Based on pics in this forum, I talked the dealer into throwing in the tailgate applique, Ford added a $1500 rebate in the last day or so on top of a $2k rebate I was already getting...that was a pleasant surprise this morning. Looking forward to learning about this awesome truck in the forums.
Welcome! And congrats on your new Ranger! :clap:
Sponsored

MrAnalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
New purchase here in Connecticut, a 2019 XLT FX4. Coming off a Chevy Avalanche, it's like going from a Rolls Royce to a Ferrari, a very different ride but lots of fun and just as capable despite its small size. I use it to drag stuff around the property and for business.

This is a great site, and it helped me make an informed decision to buy a Ranger. Thanks Everyone!

2020-03-11 10.00.27.jpg

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
good day all

just traded in my old faithful 2005 F150 XLT SCab. I bought that truck new and put near 212000 miles on her. Broke my heart to trade her but I think I found a winner.

2019 Ranger XLT Super crew and I have to say...that truck has only slightly less room than my F150 had and more toys and such than even I was expecting. The steering is just as tight and responsive as my wife's 2018 Civic. The ride IS a bit bouncy but I'm sure that is due to the new springs needing to break in.

truck and civic.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
DB check your tire pressure...all 4 of mine were over 40...3 were 42....lowered them to 32 an it helped a little.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Dude, that was at least 30 years ago, if you lived in Honolulu, tell me what your commute points were and time of day, and I'll give you an updated time you'll spend in traffic now
It's easier to say how much time you can spend out of traffic. My first time in Honolulu was 1976. Met a girl with a car, bounced all over the island. Don't even remember traffic problems. Fast forward to now...I'm in Honolulu monthly...omg, the traffic. Spent a week on the north shore a couple months back, and about 4:00 pm, it was like a switch was flipped. Traffic just came to a halt.

Ian-NH

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ingot Silver SuperCab FX4
Occupation
Parts Sales
Hello everyone, my name is Ian and I am from New Hampshire. I guess that explains my screen name.

Turning in my lease on my F150 crew cab STX and bought myself a 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 in silver. I went with the super cab instead of the crew cab, I think I just like the looks better. It came with the running Boards and the tonneau cover. Picking it up in about an hour.

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a couple days, looks like a great forum to be a part of.

Update: Just got home, first drive was through a snowstorm. Like it so far, audio system leaves a little to be desired but I got the small screen system instead of the Sync with the bigger screen. Its fine, mostly listen to sports radio anyway. The ride and handling was nice. Didn’t get to get up to speed on the highway, barely broke 40 mph. Going to give it a few hundred miles before I decide if I need any mods yet.

Last edited:

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, was on a trip to Big Bend National Park with my 2010 Raptor, which I've owned new since June of 2010. Raptor only has 86K on it, it's my toy hauler and used as a recreational vehicle. Anyway, realized that I've had it for a while and it's getting a little long in the tooth. So, thought since it is "Truck Month" I would see what incentives Ford has on the F-150. Incentive are good right now especially on 2019 models.
Visited the dealer and met a really outstanding salesman that was interested in making sure I found the right truck to replace my Raptor. Logically he was thinking a new Raptor, but for the life of me I could not see paying twice as much as what I paid for my 2010, even with incentives, $11K off sticker and 0% finance for 84 months, I just did not want to pay that much. So he had two F-150's pulled up for me to test ride, an XLT pretty well loaded and a Lariat, both with FX4 packages. I really liked the way they rode, handle and the performance, the XLT had the 2.7L and the Lariat had the 3.5L. Based on price and value for the money I was leaning towards the XLT, then I spotted a 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 for similar price. Though wow, that looks good. Took it out for a drive and really liked it, actually was very impressed with it, now I was in a delima, which one would suite me best and replace the Raptor. Hmmmm, OK - took the F-150 XLT out again and then immediately upon returning to the dealership, hopped back into the Ranger and drove it for about 26 miles oh highway, city and some rough roads. Wow! could not believe it, neither could my salesman, but I really enjoyed the driving experience of the Ranger. I like that it was smaller, more agile and just easier to drive and performance is very good.
So, I'm looking to work out a deal and hopefully this weekend trade the Raptor in on the Ranger. Would have done so already but due to the current situation, COVID-19, wife asked me to wait a week and see what happens regarding our business. Hopefully, things improve enough this week I can pull the trigger and make the deal.
I know trading in a 10 year old Raptor? Yea, they offered me over 50% trade-in over what MSRP was when I purchased the Raptor, amazing actually.
By the way glad I found this site, was looking for a good forum to see what everyone thinks of their Ranger and what mods they are doing. The first three Ranger forums a came across are dead, this place though rocks. Hope to be spending a lot of time on here.
later, Scott

Update: finally picked up my new Ranger after shop had it for just over a week adding everything I wanted! Lovnin it!

Ranger 3.jpg
Ranger 7.jpg
Ranger 11.jpg

Last edited:

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Hey guys, was on a trip to Big Bend National Park with my 2010 Raptor, which I've owned new since June of 2010. Raptor only has 86K on it, it's my toy hauler and used as a recreational vehicle. Anyway, realized that I've had it for a while and it's getting a little long in the tooth. So, thought since it is "Truck Month" I would see what incentives Ford has on the F-150. Incentive are good right now especially on 2019 models.
Visited the dealer and met a really outstanding salesman that was interested in making sure I found the right truck to replace my Raptor. Logically he was thinking a new Raptor, but for the life of me I could not see paying twice as much as what I paid for my 2010, even with incentives, $11K off sticker and 0% finance for 84 months, I just did not want to pay that much. So he had two F-150's pulled up for me to test ride, an XLT pretty well loaded and a Lariat, both with FX4 packages. I really liked the way they rode, handle and the performance, the XLT had the 2.7L and the Lariat had the 3.5L. Based on price and value for the money I was leaning towards the XLT, then I spotted a 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 for similar price. Though wow, that looks good. Took it out for a drive and really liked it, actually was very impressed with it, now I was in a delima, which one would suite me best and replace the Raptor. Hmmmm, OK - took the F-150 XLT out again and then immediately upon returning to the dealership, hopped back into the Ranger and drove it for about 26 miles oh highway, city and some rough roads. Wow! could not believe it, neither could my salesman, but I really enjoyed the driving experience of the Ranger. I like that it was smaller, more agile and just easier to drive and performance is very good.
So, I'm looking to work out a deal and hopefully this weekend trade the Raptor in on the Ranger. Would have done so already but due to the current situation, COVID-19, wife asked me to wait a week and see what happens regarding our business. Hopefully, things improve enough this week I can pull the trigger and make the deal.
I know trading in a 10 year old Raptor? Yea, they offered me over 50% trade-in over what MSRP was when I purchased the Raptor, amazing actually.
By the way glad I found this site, was looking for a good forum to see what everyone thinks of their Ranger and what mods they are doing. The first three Ranger forums a came across are dead, this place though rocks. Hope to be spending a lot of time on here.
later, Scott
It's good to have you here and I hope you're able to get the truck you like.

bigDedition

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 1997 Ford F150
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dave here from NC, I have a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1997 Ford F150 Big D Edition and 2015 Mazda 3 Touring Sport. Long time for Ford guy, originally from the legendary Ford Truck World VT Chapter President ~ Former if anyone remembers those days.

81468735_10219808075409070_5327863444144128000_o.jpg

Coleboy5

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Hello all! I just recently purchased my 2019 Shadow Black Ranger XLT FX4 with sport appearance and I couldn’t be happier. First brand new vehicle I’ve ever bought and the first truck I’ve had since my long bed 95 ram I had in high school so this is definitely a HUGE jump. Looking forward to doing a level kit here soon (possibly Eibach?) and wheels tires shortly after. But she looks pretty good as is if you ask me! Thanks for the add
E4371DC8-D636-4311-A4CB-BA26D030ACF5.jpeg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, my name is Ian and I am from New Hampshire. I guess that explains my screen name.

Turning in my lease on my F150 crew cab STX and bought myself a 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 in silver. I went with the super cab instead of the crew cab, I think I just like the looks better. It came with the running Boards and the tonneau cover. Picking it up in about an hour.

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a couple days, looks like a great forum to be a part of.

Update: Just got home, first drive was through a snowstorm. Like it so far, audio system leaves a little to be desired but I got the small screen system instead of the Sync with the bigger screen. Its fine, mostly listen to sports radio anyway. The ride and handling was nice. Didn’t get to get up to speed on the highway, barely broke 40 mph. Going to give it a few hundred miles before I decide if I need any mods yet.
Hey Ian, Welcome! Small world my parents are up in Raymond as well. Enjoy the new ride!!

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hi all!

Picked up my Black '19 Lariat FX4 yesterday. It has the 501A and sport appearance packages. Haven't even taken a picture yet, so using dealer pic for now.
cropped.jpg

I traded an '18 GMC Canyon All Terrain. I liked the truck a lot, but was hit a few months ago by a kid making an illegal turn. The hit was directly on the left front wheel, over $6K damage, lots of suspension parts replaced. The shop did a good job fixing it, but I didn't want to trust it long term. The rebates and 0% made the time right.

I came real close to a Silverado Trail Boss, but they're HUGE and it's amazing what GM leaves off of a truck with a $50K sticker.

I'm a Ford guy at heart and have owned quite a few. My first car was a '67 Mustang fastback. Here's my '19 Mustang GT PP2.
20191101_141904.jpg

Yes, I'm 1 of those black vehicle nuts!

Pikens

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Systems Admin
Hi Guys,

I got a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 with chrome package and some killer deals on Monday night. I am near Seattle so with the COVID-19 issues the dealership was empty. I got my wife a killer deal on a 2020 escape over the weekend so I decided to bite the bullet and pick up a ranger. It is pretty much fully loaded with as few dealer added options as possible. I am looking forward to doing some trail riding.

Thanks!

Pikens

IMG_0240.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

I got a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 with chrome package and some killer deals on Monday night. I am near Seattle so with the COVID-19 issues the dealership was empty. I got my wife a killer deal on a 2020 escape over the weekend so I decided to bite the bullet and pick up a ranger. It is pretty much fully loaded with as few dealer added options as possible. I am looking forward to doing some trail riding.

Thanks!

Pikens

IMG_0240.jpg
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new Ranger. She's good lookin' :like:
Sponsored