New Members Introduce Yourself!

endeavour4th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Escape, 2019 Ford Ranger XL
Nice looking XL in Lightning Blue, don't be afraid to get it dirty! FWIW you live in one of my favorite areas, having spent some time west of the beltway myself.
thanks FLEngineer
Sponsored

endeavour4th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Escape, 2019 Ford Ranger XL
a friend of mine had the same issue his dog falling into the gap between the seats with his SUV
His solution was high density foam blocks cut to fit the gap at the right height. he covered them with canvas and said they worked well as impromptu benches while camping as well.
thanks for the post & idea

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I am new here, new to Ford too. I have owned many Toyota products over past 25yrs. Just now selling my 2006 Tacoma and looking at Ranger. I am a 4x4 guy, but not extreme stuff, mostly AZ desert stuff. Anyways, I hope Ford has some good options w/o killing my wallet..

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am new here, new to Ford too. I have owned many Toyota products over past 25yrs. Just now selling my 2006 Tacoma and looking at Ranger. I am a 4x4 guy, but not extreme stuff, mostly AZ desert stuff. Anyways, I hope Ford has some good options w/o killing my wallet..
Welcome!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I've heard the Canadian Ranger is expensive compared to our US Ranger. Seems like the price is X% higher but your wages aren't X% higher to compensate.
If I price my exact truck out on the Canadian site it comes in at a msrp of $48709 CDN.

If I build it on the US site, its not perfect as we have standard block heater etc, but very close, it comes out to $43875 US

Now if you do a straight currency conversion for what those US funds work out to CDN it comes to $57,845 CDN if I were to buy it over there, so in the grand scheme of things the +/- of 5k is not that bad when you look at it that way.

BKrantz

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! My name is Brad. I live in Newark, DE. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I ordered my Ranger on Jan 12. Super Cab 4x4 Lariat, magnetic paint, 501A package, black running boards, tow package, spray-in bed liner, splash guards and floor liner. Just got the build date - 4/01. No VIN number yet or delivery date yet.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Shopping for a truck. Have been bird doggin' the Ranger, but really hoped they'd have a Raptor version. I'm tired of stuffing deer in my trunk....bow hunting with a car has it's challenges. I'm looking at the Ranger and the Gladiator; Raptor is just too expensive for me. This site has peaked my interest in the Ranger even more.

My hopes: Ford Ranger, Lariat, Blue ext., Black int., FX4, sports pkg [was leaning toward chrome pkg, but like the magnetic trim], 501A tech package, tow package; remote start and back up camera a must; aftermarket or Ford spray-in liner; camper top or truck cap....ARE maybe and with a built in drawer to store my bow and hunting gear; possible change to aggressive tires & rims and moderate lift; never heard of a leveler; running boards; and a least one flying WV symbol for the WVU Mountaineers.

I've been in the Army for 24+ years and am close to retiring....not sure where or what to do afterward.

Welcome, and thank you for your service.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
went to see my Dealer today.
I saw a white Lariat they had on the lot a few weeks ago. poked around it but never drove it. There isn't many in Canada yet, and they aren't moving as fast as I thought they would. The common denominator seems to be the pricing. Of the three my dealer has seen in the last few weeks, only two have sold.
Today I stopped in to see how my ordered unit was coming along and took the Lariat for a drive. It was everything I expected it to be. No surprises and no let downs.
My Ranger was scheduled for delivery Feb 18, two days ago, so it can be any day now this week.
Im excited for it and will be sad to see the F150 go. But a Chili Pepper Red XLT FX4 with the 302a package has me thinking the void will be filled nicely. Bed liner will be sprayed in locally and windows will be tinted.
I'm hopeful it will come this week, and pics will follow.
I’ve never really wanted a red vehicle (although my Jeep is red o_O) but I gotta say, I was eyeballing a CPR XLT FX4 302a at my dealer the whole time I was negotiating my Lightning Blue lol. It was parked inside right next to my salesman’s desk

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Shopping for a truck. Have been bird doggin' the Ranger, but really hoped they'd have a Raptor version. I'm tired of stuffing deer in my trunk....bow hunting with a car has it's challenges. I'm looking at the Ranger and the Gladiator; Raptor is just too expensive for me. This site has peaked my interest in the Ranger even more.

My hopes: Ford Ranger, Lariat, Blue ext., Black int., FX4, sports pkg [was leaning toward chrome pkg, but like the magnetic trim], 501A tech package, tow package; remote start and back up camera a must; aftermarket or Ford spray-in liner; camper top or truck cap....ARE maybe and with a built in drawer to store my bow and hunting gear; possible change to aggressive tires & rims and moderate lift; never heard of a leveler; running boards; and a least one flying WV symbol for the WVU Mountaineers.

I've been in the Army for 24+ years and am close to retiring....not sure where or what to do afterward.
There's good options for mild lifts, like the Icon CO kit for the front, and perhaps Alcan leaf packs for the rear.
I just not sure yet if lifting requires changing the diff angles.
I assume the Raptor version will add ~$10k to the price, so you need to ask, do you really need the extra from Raptor version?
I am going from a Tacoma 4x that has some good aftermarket mods on it. I'll start with probably Ranger XLT and then add stuff to it slowly.

The EG

First Name
Egbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Didn’t know about this place until now.

Got my Lariat end of January and loving it since I picked it up.

Today just got my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Tonneau.

It’s pretty sturdy.

AA5FE350-02CD-47EF-9A6A-87689A9447DC.jpeg

9D70EE5F-4C80-460C-810E-CB647904EB84.jpeg

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4

It’s pretty sturdy.

Can you take a picture it totally opened?

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4

It’s pretty sturdy.

Hey Pickering, from down here in SW Ontario. I have the same cover coming this week, so a couple questions.

How do you feel about the fit at the rear corners? Over hang?

What about the gap between the rails at the front where the bed is lower than the rails? filled in with something on install or not?

Cheers, Todd

NateS415

First Name
Nate Schroeder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Hey guys,
Put my order in on 2/20/19. Lariat, 501A, Sport Package. Beyond excited for it to come in as this is the first vehicle I have ever ordered from the factory. Below is my spec. Have been browsing the forums looking at different mods and accessories trying to get ideas!

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 6.03.12 PM.png

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Hey guys,
Put my order in on 2/20/19. Lariat, 501A, Sport Package. Beyond excited for it to come in as this is the first vehicle I have ever ordered from the factory. Below is my spec. Have been browsing the forums looking at different mods and accessories trying to get ideas!

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 6.03.12 PM.png
Congrats Nate and welcome