keldog

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
love the raptor grille, no lights though?
Well, originally I was going to get yellow fog lights and I didn't want too many different colors up front (I like the simple look). I ended up going with the white instead so I'm thinking about getting the grill lights. Its not at the top of my list though.
Sponsored

NooTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Hello. As indicated by my ID, I am a truck newbee. I've always owned cars before, starting with a German Ford Fiesta back in 1983. Since then, I've owned only cars, mostly sedans... most recently a Nissan Maxima that I just traded in on a new 2020 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4.

I decided to buy the Ranger partly because we plan to tow it 4 wheels down behind our Class C RV. I need to get a base plat, tow bar and all the other equipment to tow it. I'm sure I'll need advice on all sorts of stuff, and look forward to good conversations here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hello. As indicated by my ID, I am a truck newbee. I've always owned cars before, starting with a German Ford Fiesta back in 1983. Since then, I've owned only cars, mostly sedans... most recently a Nissan Maxima that I just traded in on a new 2020 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4.

I decided to buy the Ranger partly because we plan to tow it 4 wheels down behind our Class C RV. I need to get a base plat, tow bar and all the other equipment to tow it. I'm sure I'll need advice on all sorts of stuff, and look forward to good conversations here.
Welcome. It might take a little getting use to a truck after always driving cars but the Ranger is a great truck. Perfect size too for a DD and very easy to park. There's a ton of info on here and you'll probably end up buying a whole bunch of stuff you never thought you would.

One bit of advice is get a tailgate damper right away. It's the best and most inexpensive mod you'll do and you will see hp/torque gains like you never knew possible. ?

Use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping.

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-damper-assembly-vkb3z99406a10a

NooTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Welcome. It might take a little getting use to a truck after always driving cars but the Ranger is a great truck. Perfect size too for a DD and very easy to park. There's a ton of info on here and you'll probably end up buying a whole bunch of stuff you never thought you would.

One bit of advice is get a tailgate damper right away. It's the best and most inexpensive mod you'll do and you will see hp/torque gains like you never knew possible. ?

Use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping.

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-damper-assembly-vkb3z99406a10a
Thanks for the tip on the damper... in addition to HP gains, I heard it also increases MPG and makes your hair thicker, too. Thanks for the free shipping code at Varsity. Are their parts generally the cheapest?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the tip on the damper... in addition to HP gains, I heard it also increases MPG and makes your hair thicker, too. Thanks for the free shipping code at Varsity. Are their parts generally the cheapest?
Hey now that you mention it my hair does seem to be getting thicker lately. ? I'm not sure that the price is the cheapest but it is very reasonable and has free shipping. Another option is to get it directly from Ford and use your FordPass points then it's free.

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak (on order), 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Military (Ret'd)
Hi, name is Andrew. Recently retired military and loving life. Long time Ford owner (long time Mustang Club member)and we have been patiently waiting to order our new Bronco (wife loves them), but was curious about the Rangers and thought we would try one out while we wait until next year (we have an early reservation but who knows when we actually get our hands on one.... In the meantime, we will mod this and have some fun. Up here in Ottawa, so, this truck will get used a lot in our deep snow. Just picked it up from the dealer today, couldn't say no to the incredible deal they gave us (and they gave us what we wanted on our trade in , 17 Explorer Sport).
2020 Lariat FX4 with Sport pkg and tow pkg. Mods are ordered already. Can't wait.

IMG_20201120_153437_938.jpg

IMG_20201120_153447_191.jpg

IMG_20201120_153411_532.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hi, name is Andrew. Recently retired military and loving life. Long time Ford owner (long time Mustang Club member)and we have been patiently waiting to order our new Bronco (wife loves them), but was curious about the Rangers and thought we would try one out while we wait until next year (we have an early reservation but who knows when we actually get our hands on one.... In the meantime, we will mod this and have some fun. Up here in Ottawa, so, this truck will get used a lot in our deep snow. Just picked it up from the dealer today, couldn't say no to the incredible deal they gave us (and they gave us what we wanted on our trade in , 17 Explorer Sport).
2020 Lariat FX4 with Sport pkg and tow pkg. Mods are ordered already. Can't wait.

IMG_20201120_153437_938.jpg

IMG_20201120_153447_191.jpg

IMG_20201120_153411_532.jpg
Truck looks great. Thanks for your service. What branch were you in?
Brian

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak (on order), 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Military (Ret'd)
Truck looks great. Thanks for your service. What branch were you in?
Brian
CANSOFCOM. (Canadian Special Forces) I work in IT Security (Cyber). Work as a civilian now in that field

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
CANSOFCOM. (Canadian Special Forces) I work in IT Security (Cyber). Work as a civilian now in that field
Awesome, I have been in the US military since 1983, 3 years active army in Alaska, 34 years at the Vermont Air Guard. Been to Bagotville and Greenwood many times in the 90’s and hosted your F-18 at Burlington numerous times.
Enjoy your retirement.
Brian

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
That is, use to live in Vegas Back 2007, Do you play?
I do, and I helped build that rink and was GM for the first few years after it was turned from roller hockey to an ice sheet. We bought the south rink from the owner of Crystal Palace and built the ice rink and pro shop.

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
Finally picked up our 2020 Ford Ranger XLT to replace our tired 2007 F-150 XLT.

IMG_20201120_131233.jpg

Finding a combination of a FX4, with heated seats in silver or white was not easy. I didn't want the Lariat and leather seats. I just ordered the OEM tow package parts to complete the fit out. Hoping she will serve us will. Thankful for the Ford "X Pricing" and the rebates which really help bring the price down. Fog and High beam, cargo lights LED upgrades done. I still have to finish my research on the Low Beam, as I see so many issues with pattern and fit.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Finally picked up our 2020 Ford Ranger XLT to replace our tired 2007 F-150 XLT.

IMG_20201120_131233.jpg

Finding a combination of a FX4, with heated seats in silver or white was not easy. I didn't want the Lariat and leather seats. I just ordered the OEM tow package parts to complete the fit out. Hoping she will serve us will. Thankful for the Ford "X Pricing" and the rebates which really help bring the price down. Fog and High beam, cargo lights LED upgrades done. I still have to finish my research on the Low Beam, as I see so many issues with pattern and fit.
Looks sweet! Welcome to the forum. How do you like your Factory Five Cobra?
Brian

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
Looks sweet! Welcome to the forum. How do you like your Factory Five Cobra?
Brian
The Cobra is a hoot to drive. The build was educational, and I'm always tweeting it. It is part of the charm. She was built for high-speed track use, using the Spec Racer chassis (robust nascar bars, real rollbar, etc.) She isn't yet street legal, but she will be for next year. The pandemic shutdown all the opportunity for this year.
The Ranger will be my primary tow vehicle, replacing my 2013 Dodge Durango R/T and 2007 F-150XLT. Downsiding as the boys are all off at college or beyond.
FB_IMG_1555101435019.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
The Cobra is a hoot to drive. The build was educational, and I'm always tweeting it. It is part of the charm. She was built for high-speed track use, using the Spec Racer chassis (robust nascar bars, real rollbar, etc.) She isn't yet street legal, but she will be for next year. The pandemic shutdown all the opportunity for this year.
The Ranger will be my primary tow vehicle, replacing my 2013 Dodge Durango R/T and 2007 F-150XLT. Downsiding as the boys are all off at college or beyond.
FB_IMG_1555101435019.jpg
Very nice, thanks for the picture. What engine do you have?
Brian
Sponsored