OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Those familiar with Magpul know that while not exactly breaking grounds in innovation over the years, they make straight forward products and they make them well.

I can't get excited about the price point, but the DAKA grid system is something new and has a lot of potential for roof top storage. They basically replace foam with a giant tetris system of high density blocks.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/12/magpul-daka-hard-cases/

Screenshot_20230109-210120_DuckDuckGo-660x372.jpg

Screenshot_20230109-205843_DuckDuckGo-660x363.jpg

I am hoping street price is lower than MSRP from the article.

I wonder in the future if they will make taller trunk style cases, aka like ROAM.

@Glocker @DukeCanBuildit
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
cool boxes but ouch on the prices. if i had a really nice rifle that wasnt older than me lol i might pay that for a box. the magpul stuff is good quality, i bet the case would out last most users.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
At about 100 bucks more than a Pelican rifle case of similar size... I'm not sure if the sleak exterior and jenga blocks are worth it....

I do love the daka punches, and daka cans... And some of those undated polymer boolet holders are nice and will outlive me....

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
cool boxes but ouch on the prices. if i had a really nice rifle that wasnt older than me lol i might pay that for a box. the magpul stuff is good quality, i bet the case would out last most users.

That is why I am curious to see "street price" vs article MSRP.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Those familiar with Magpul know that while not exactly breaking grounds in innovation over the years, they make straight forward products and they make them well.

I can't get excited about the price point, but the DAKA grid system is something new and has a lot of potential for roof top storage. They basically replace foam with a giant tetris system of high density blocks.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/12/magpul-daka-hard-cases/

Screenshot_20230109-210120_DuckDuckGo-660x372.jpg

I am hoping street price is lower than MSRP from the article.

I wonder in the future if they will make taller trunk style cases, aka like ROAM.

@Glocker @DukeCanBuildit
DAKA certainly has the R&D, manufacturing process, consumer base, and reputation to go that route. It’s not like the folks who buy hard cases for their long guns don’t have a crap ton of other stuff they need to pack up too.
Sponsored