Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I enrolled and install beta 13 profile, restarted. But when I look into "about", it still shows 12.3.1? What did I miss?
Go to settings and look for the update. The profile only gives you access to the beta. Now you actually have to install it.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Go to settings and look for the update. The profile only gives you access to the beta. Now you actually have to install it.
In software update, my auto update is on and says IOS 12.3.1 is up to date...no sign of 13:facepalm:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
In software update, my auto update is on and says IOS 12.3.1 is up to date...no sign of 13:facepalm:
Did you accept the iOS 13 profile under Settings > General > Profile? Once you do that go to Software Updates.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 Ford Ranger SC Lariat
Occupation
Captain, Firefighter
Nope! A "Charge Cycle" is Fully Charged to Fully emptied to Fully Recharged. Short charge periods are not full cycles.
I sure don't know enough to debate but..... short cycles most definitely reduce battery life. This has been proven time and again. Im not talking about how many times someone will be able to plug it in to charge, but how long the phone will make it through the day without needing a charge. The more short cycles, the less the battery will last into the day. I work 24 - 48 hour shifts and I need my battery in tip top shape so I only charge my phone with less than 20% battery and it has worked well for me.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
For lithium ion or lithium polymer batteries found in cell phones, the worst thing you can do is frequent "deep" charges from a near empty battery to full. This is exhibited by the large amount of heat generated. In an unrealistic perfect world, you would keep your phone between 40 and 70% with a small charging keeping it in that range once or twice a day. Keeping a battery constantly at 100%, for example a laptop left plugged into an outlet 24/7 is also hard on a battery. Avoiding the use of high speed charging when not necessary is also helpful in reducing heat and extending the long term battery life.

Note that different types of batteries, for example nickel metal hydride or nickel cadmium batteries have different recommendations as the chemistry is different.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nope! A "Charge Cycle" is Fully Charged to Fully emptied to Fully Recharged. Short charge periods are not full cycles.
The biggest issues with charging Lithium Ion batteries is a) keep the heat down, and b) do not overcharge (better to undercharge). But a properly designed lithium battery charger mitigates both concerns. They aren't like NiCad batteries either and have no memory effect so they can be charged back up at any point in their discharge cycle without affecting performance. Personally, I plug it into my truck regardless of charge level and would rather have many shallow charge cycles than fewer deep charge cycles.

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
I have 2 phones and the Android auto seems nicer than the current apple car play .

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The biggest issues with charging Lithium Ion batteries is a) keep the heat down, and b) do not overcharge (better to undercharge). But a properly designed lithium battery charger mitigates both concerns. They aren't like NiCad batteries either and have no memory effect so they can be charged back up at any point in their discharge cycle without affecting performance. Personally, I plug it into my truck regardless of charge level and would rather have many shallow charge cycles than fewer deep charge cycles.
EDIT: It should be easy enough to have a USB cable modified to cut the 5V power wire to prevent charging when the phone is connected.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I did the IOS 13 beta today. I definitely like the new look of the Apple car play! :thumbsup:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Downloaded 13 Beta 3. Works great. Looks good.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A little help here...I enrolled and installed the 13 profile but still don't see any Beta 13 to install:facepalm:
Sponsored