New Apple CarPlay Issue

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Within the last 2 weeks I have a new CarPlay issue. When I have CarPlay activated and in either Apple or Google Maps, changing the volume either on the radio or steering wheel the navigation volume changes, nothing will change the volume of whatever is playing on the radio? Used to be the volume adjusted both what was playing and the “turn by turn instructions”. I’m running iOS 13.7. Thanks
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Had this happen this morning. I removed my iPhone from the pairing menu and re-paired it. So far so good.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had this happen this morning. I removed my iPhone from the pairing menu and re-paired it. So far so good.
Well, mine is a hard wired connection. My phone has never technically been added to the system except hard wire. I use Bluetooth hearing aids so I simply let calls come to my ears. If I want to use phone apps I just plug in. It has worked great for a year+. But this is a pain in the butt.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, mine is a hard wired connection. My phone has never technically been added to the system except hard wire. I use Bluetooth hearing aids so I simply let calls come to my ears. If I want to use phone apps I just plug in. It has worked great for a year+. But this is a pain in the butt.
What iOS are you using? Thanks for the assistance.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
What iOS are you using? Thanks for the assistance.
I am running iOS 14 beta. My phone is plugged in as well. If that is what you mean by "hardwired". I was just letting you know what I did that seemed to work. Have you tried what I did and it didn't work?

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Having the problem as well. Unplug and plug it back in, has worked each time. May be Waze causing the issue again.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running iOS 14 beta. My phone is plugged in as well. If that is what you mean by "hardwired". I was just letting you know what I did that seemed to work. Have you tried what I did and it didn't work?
I assume that by paired, you mean a Bluetooth connection. I have not done that with my phone, because I didn’t want to have the truck take precedence over my hearing aid paring. Truck pairs with my wife’s phone but not mine intentionally. Mine has always worked great with my phone apps plugged in. This volume control issue is a new event.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having the problem as well. Unplug and plug it back in, has worked each time. May be Waze causing the issue again.
Will try that Thx

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
you can try unpairing the sync 3 system from your carplay settings in the iphone as well and re-pairing. I use bluetooth hearings aids as well and have had issues with the truck, carplay and phone as well more so with the recent 3.4 update to sync. its more complicated than it has to be gets frustrating sometimes.

RangerFD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Firefighter
Had the same problem too. I was using waze and that seems to be what makes it happen the most. I just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes i have to kill the app too.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Had this happen to me for about 3 weeks way before upgrading to iOS 14. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn’t, I have to restart my phone if I want it to function correctly.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
It was a weird bug for me that came and went removing the phone and renaming it made it go away for a bit. I’ve been running iOS14 for about 2 weeks Now and it’s never happened (also Carplay on iOS14 has some good new updates).

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a weird bug for me that came and went removing the phone and renaming it made it go away for a bit. I’ve been running iOS14 for about 2 weeks Now and it’s never happened (also Carplay on iOS14 has some good new updates).
Thanks. Sounds like I better get my update done! I’m beginning to think a Ford issue. We were going somewhere new on the weekend and needed GPS. When I couldn’t get Apple Play to function correctly - for the first time in over a year I switched to the native Ford Navigation. Guess what. With the native navigation engaged my radio didn’t play at all! I restarted it several time with the same results. ?. Seems to me like some interesting Ford software issues?

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Thanks. Sounds like I better get my update done! I’m beginning to think a Ford issue. We were going somewhere new on the weekend and needed GPS. When I couldn’t get Apple Play to function correctly - for the first time in over a year I switched to the native Ford Navigation. Guess what. With the native navigation engaged my radio didn’t play at all! I restarted it several time with the same results. ?. Seems to me like some interesting Ford software issues?
Another issue I had for about a month it’s whenever I would open my Amazon app if I would get out of app into iPhone menu the audio on CarPlay would get louder and the quality would also sound different.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi. Thought I owed you all an update. Well it has been two weeks since I did my iOS 14 update. Well I didn't think it had anything to do with iOS, but must have been one of the 13.XX updates had broken something as I've plugged it in a number of times in the past two weeks and have not experienced the inability to adjust the radio volume at all. For how it was acting I'd say a pretty good test. Just hope I didn't jinx anything by sharing my elation over the fix. :shock:
Sponsored