First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
On the news today, GM Lake Orion plant shutdown after employee fight leaves 1 dead; suspect arrested

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/gm...t-under-lockdown-for-murder-investigation.amp
Actually, if I read the article correctly, it was employees of a cleaning company contracted to clean the facility that were fighting each other. It looks like it might not of been a regular GM employee. Either way, it is sad that a life was lost over a disagreement. :crying:
Sponsored

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Not gonna lie, I really like it. But for the price they’re asking for it…it’s going to be a big hell no from me.
Gets better.

Every GMC now sold has to have a $1500 adder on to it. you have to pay upfront for 3 years of onstar. Since not enough people were actually subscribing, it is now mandatory.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/gm-ma...iption-mandatory-on-gmc-buick-cadillac-models

other than being over priced they are now even more over priced.
I liked Ford option best. The basics are free. If you want more you can pay for that too. Ford Pass

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You CANNOT use the words "Chevy/GMC and the word "nice" in the same sentence....
You will be banned and damned for all eternity by true automobile lovers world wide.
GM should be relegated to making clone copies of old Yugo replacement floor pans and rear bumpers.
I know I know! It goes against everything I've always thought about Chevy but I have this issue when people hang shiny things in front of me. LOL

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I know I know! It goes against everything I've always thought about Chevy but I have this issue when people hang shiny things in front of me. LOL
I attribute people buying GM products having a sever mental lapse in judgement, or possibly having an anal probe by aliens resulting in becoming totally NUTZ !!!
There's just no other excuse !!!

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Gets better.

Every GMC now sold has to have a $1500 adder on to it. you have to pay upfront for 3 years of onstar. Since not enough people were actually subscribing, it is now mandatory.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/gm-ma...iption-mandatory-on-gmc-buick-cadillac-models

other than being over priced they are now even more over priced.
I liked Ford option best. The basics are free. If you want more you can pay for that too. Ford Pass
1660241276385.gif

Makes me appreciate buying a Ranger even more…not that I needed an incentive :LOL:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ladies, and gentlemen, we have a tie for the ugliest front grill. Cast your votes for the Canyon or the Tundra.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I like the winch setup - will take a look at it, esp. since my lightning reservation is in a black hole somewhere.

1660234233772.png
The original inspiration for that front end..……

40B6E0DE-D1BE-496C-9923-42DB147EE9B1.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I'm surprised they didn't do more to set it apart from the Colorado. I'm really looking forward to a US version of the next gen Ranger soon. I guess Ford doesn't have one ready for the press to see like GM is does. Or, have I missed something?
gm typically gets firsts dibs on media and fluff / fake awards. afterall, government motors is in with the "in" crowd. apparently jeep is as well. Ford may not have the usa version of the next ranger out for media yet. fine by me, the 5g is still basically new.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Ladies, and gentlemen, we have a tie for the ugliest front grill. Cast your votes for the Canyon or the Tundra.
saw a new Tundra at the local toyota dealership this morning. (they are trying to sell a jon boat too, so every morning they tow the jon boat and motor to the front of the lot with a giant pickup truck to showcase both.)

in the Towing sections We have had many discussions on front area sq footage and how it affects towing, mpg, etc. My camper has a smaller front area than the tundra grill.(see user picture) Holy smokes That looks like it is solid from ground to windshield Bet that drops the Tundras MPG even lower.

Edit: Fine the camper joke is a bit much, but the hood is taller than the jon boat and trailer.

it is distinctive. Just like the Pontiac Aztec.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Not gonna lie, I really like it. But for the price they’re asking for it…it’s going to be a big hell no from me.
I'm going to guess the price their going to ask for the next gen Ford Ranger is going to be shocking as well.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I'm going to guess the price their going to ask for the next gen Ford Ranger is going to be shocking as well.
Possibly. But I fully expect the Ranger Raptor to be priced higher than any Ranger we’ve seen thus far. Probably around 60k+. That will also get a hell no from me. But as far as the rest of the 6G Rangers go, I figure they’ll be a few thousand over what their current comparable trim levels are.