Need advice regarding new tires.

5386Childs

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I own a 2019 Ford Ranger STX basic model. It came with the silver alloy 17” rims. Which I’m tired of looking at. I just purchased the Ford factory 18” black rims and I need advice on what tire to put on it. I like the rugged all terrain looking tires but I won’t be off roading with it. I do get snow in the area thru the winter months and I definitely need an all season. I’m wanting it to look a bit bigger too. I plan on having a leveling kit on it but I’m not raising it any further. Looking for suggestions. Tire size and type is info I need.
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I tossed some take-off MTs from a Rubicon on my truck and haven't looked back. Paid $400 for a set of 5, 1 new and the others with less than 1000 miles. I had General Grabbers on the truck before that and they were good tires, but they didn't hold up to the abuse I tossed at them.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
The new Cooper Road and Trail looks like it might fit the bill
Agree. One of the more road oriented A/T tires would be a good idea. Also check out the BFG Trail Terrain and Continental TerrainContact. All three are similar. These will give you that cool, rugged A/T look but be suited for mostly the road. Some of them are 3MP snow rated also.

OP
OP

5386Childs

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Is that the biggest tire we can do without a lift? Maybe a 265/70/18?
Most 265/65/18 tires will fit w/o a front level/lift. (I am moving to this size, but I have the Fox 2.0 level kit).

265/70/18 will most certainly need a front level/lift and possible some crash bar mods.

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
Most 265/65/18 tires will fit w/o a front level/lift. (I am moving to this size, but I have the Fox 2.0 level kit).

265/70/18 will most certainly need a front level/lift and possible some crash bar mods.
How about 285 65 r18 with level kit

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I own a 2019 Ford Ranger STX basic model. It came with the silver alloy 17” rims. Which I’m tired of looking at. I just purchased the Ford factory 18” black rims and I need advice on what tire to put on it. I like the rugged all terrain looking tires but I won’t be off roading with it. I do get snow in the area thru the winter months and I definitely need an all season. I’m wanting it to look a bit bigger too. I plan on having a leveling kit on it but I’m not raising it any further. Looking for suggestions. Tire size and type is info I need.
Michelin LTX All Season M&S.
https://www.michelinman.com/auto/ti...JsTp6p86KiatPyRjRyipg2QnN8AHF8yhoCwIYQAvD_BwE

Old Guy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I love the Grabbers that came on my Tremor. I have been surprised at how well they handle rain, snow, highway and off roading. Haven't been in the mud with them, imagine they wouldn't be great there.

From the highway to Moab they have really performed well. I think they look pretty good also.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I know you said no snow but these are 3-peak rated all terrains, I think have 60K warranty, and are supposedly quiet (alternating sipes sizes). And they're made in the US!

Nokian Outpost nAT

1708538072586.png

gtyates

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, Explorer, Sport Trac
Occupation
Manager
I am running Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra on mine. My truck is a '19 Lariat 4x4, but I rarely do any serious "off road" activity in it. But I will say they are very good in snow/ice conditions. My driveway is very steep, but if I lock it in low it will gently go down my driveway without a slip using these tires.
Sponsored