First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
My 2020 Lariet has automatic windshield wipers. They are set to the lowest sensitivity setting. This is summer, not a drop of water insight. I will be driving down a road or freeway the wipers come on, cycle once, then off. This happens almost every day. There must be a poltergeist some where in the truck. Has anyone had this experience? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

wintech

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Passport
My 2020 Lariet has automatic windshield wipers. They are set to the lowest sensitivity setting. This is summer, not a drop of water insight. I will be driving down a road or freeway the wipers come on, cycle once, then off. This happens almost every day. There must be a poltergeist some where in the truck. Has anyone had this experience? Any suggestions?
Automatic wipers usually use IR light projected on the windshield to detect rain drops. Some systems use the camera that is part of the driver assistance package. If you leave them on when it is not raining, something else like a bug hitting the windshield can set them off. You should really only turn them on when it is actually raining.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have automatic wipers turned off for this very reason. I don't want them coming on unexpectedly. With auto wipers off, the sensitivity adjustment changes to an interval adjustment.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
There is an option on my Everest called courtesy wipe or something like that. Maybe that is what its doing? Its just to clear the windshield of debris or dirt.

I turn off all that auto wiper stuff myself, I can turn the switch when it starts raining. Besides, nobody likes to dry rub/wipe, my goodness. :bandit:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
There is an option on my Everest called courtesy wipe or something like that. Maybe that is what its doing? Its just to clear the windshield of debris or dirt.

I turn off all that auto wiper stuff myself, I can turn the switch when it starts raining. Besides, nobody likes to dry rub/wipe, my goodness. :bandit:
Courtesy wipe is the extra wipe a few seconds after you let go of the washer button. Its a nice feature.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Even though my Lariat has all of the electronic nannies, auto wiper and auto headlamp - dimmer are the only two I use on a regular basis - no issues.

OP
OP
Robert Scott

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Still a mystery to me. The Ford Ranger manual speaks of four switch positions: low, medium, high and off. It only illustrates three positions. I assume the lowest switch is "off". This is the position my switch is in. BUT, periodically it does it's think and cycles the blades.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase

Where you at that you have a Everest? I have a 2017 Titanium model here in Laguna Philippines.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Robert,

Yes....keep your windshield clean around the top center area and keep your wiper stalk in the all the way down off position...

best,
Phil

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Where you at that you have a Everest? I have a 2017 Titanium model here in Laguna Philippines.

An interesting model - built in Thailand?

img-1897-2d4f_wm.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

im envious of the everest ! a ranger suv would be sweet in the usa.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

its extra for the non-dry rubs ?
Sponsored