My Ranger is listening to me

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
The is a true statement. Check out your manual. I believe it is under driver assist.
I was testing out the Driver Assist Lane feature and took my hands off the steering wheel as the truck moved me back into the center of my lane. I was surprised to see a message pop up instructing me to put my hands back on the wheel! Not expecting that to happen... Caught me by surprise.

Tony
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
too weird for me
Don, once the wizard of tailgate dampers, the God Damperounious, mandates thou must installith a damper you cannot for sake him. The Grand Pubah of dampers "The Dave" @AzScorpion will be along shortly to indoctrinate you. I suggest you just close your eyes, and let it wash over you. I won't hurt. May the force be with you. :)

Long live The Dave, long live the damperites.......(now y'all remember the tag "Damerites" was Phil's @P. A. Schilke idea. ;) )

Darth.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Our Rangers are like a faithful and loyal friend watching out for us. Mine talks to me too.
I think he was actually watching you as opposed to listening. A camera watches the driver to detect tired or inattentive driving.
Yours isn't talking to you it's crying because it doesn't have a damper! It's getting so bad I can now hear it all the way over here in AZ. Al for the sake of your Ranger's future get him a damper for Christmas. ??

Hypnosis.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hi Al,

Night time meds kicked in...time to give it up...Sorry...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Damterite dämp´• ter• iyt: (noun)
  1. A rare earth mineral found on the continent of Antarctica (atomic no. 131). Minute quantities are used in the manufacture of control mechanisms to regulate the movement of extremely heavy machinery or complex devices.
  2. A person who digresses into non sequituriala as a result of slower brain function induced by a pandemic. See also: "Motorpsychology"

from ancient Lamurian: dampt past participle of damper 'slow'er down awreddy'

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Don, once the wizard of tailgate dampers, the God Damperounious, mandates thou must installith a damper you cannot for sake him. The Grand Pubah of dampers "The Dave" @AzScorpion will be along shortly to indoctrinate you. I suggest you just close your eyes, and let it wash over you. I won't hurt. May the force be with you. :)

Long live The Dave, long live the damperites.......(now y'all remember the tag "Damerites Damterite " was Phil's @P. A. Schilke idea. ;) )

Darth.jpg
Jim, words are important and they become especially important when we are blessed with new terminology from "The Phil". The proper term is "damterite" (not Damerites). I fixed it for you above.

Does this forum have a terms and acronyms sticky thread? "Damterite" must be added.

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours isn't talking to you it's crying because it doesn't have a damper! It's getting so bad I can now hear it all the way over here in AZ. Al for the sake of your Ranger's future get him a damper for Christmas. ??

Hypnosis.jpg
He can cry all he wants. He ain't ever getting one. Never surrender!

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Donald

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
No damper for me, no bed liner either, scratches everywhere.
This no job crap is cutting into my Ranger budget.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Weird, but fun. :clap:
Without the damper wars this forum would be borderline boring! :giggle: I think it can be safely assumed that this is the one and only online forum with a raging damper war. That makes Ranger5g totally unique.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lightheartedness of it is a relief. It’s good to laugh.:like:
I've been here long enough along with Dave, Tracy, Terry and numerous others to remember that this lighthearted damper war actually began because there were heated (not lighthearted) debates about the merits of dampers.

Fortunately, that morphed into the current damper war that makes me laugh each day. I tell my co-pilot about it and she laughs too. She thinks "the Dave" (@AzScorpion ) and Vader (@FoD) are crazy.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer