Installed Thule rack today

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Is that the recommended spacing? I have everything but the Ranger specific fit kit and would have liked to see the rear bar farther back for my canoe.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Minimum if any wind noise with the windows closed, slight whistle while open but not intrusive at all

20190226_135354.jpg

20190226_135402.jpg
Thule part #s for this application?

OP
OP

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the recommended spacing? I have everything but the Ranger specific fit kit and would have liked to see the rear bar farther back for my canoe.
It is. I too thought it should be bdck further and it does lookike the angle of the mounting plates will allow that if you choose

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ya, Thule seems to look for the cross braces in the cab for the rear mount, sure seems far ahead to me. I disregarded their instructions on my frontier and ended up with 2 little dents in the roof on either side. May have to look at this further as that's pretty tight for a 17' canoe, may need a goal post in the rear.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I just ordered the yakima rack because I am hoping the posts are a little smaller looking than Thule's. Thule seems to have the right crossbar length at 53". Yakima recommends 60 which looks too long to me, I also ordered 50 which might be too short, they say you can't cut them.

The Yakima suggested spacing is 10" to front, then 32" between. What does Thule have it at?

OP
OP

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the yakima rack because I am hoping the posts are a little smaller looking than Thule's. Thule seems to have the right crossbar length at 53". Yakima recommends 60 which looks too long to me, I also ordered 50 which might be too short, they say you can't cut them.

The Yakima suggested spacing is 10" to front, then 32" between. What does Thule have it at?
~7 from windshield and ~24 between

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I don't know anything about racks but perhaps the 24" spacing measurement is a minimum distance ? I looked at the instructions...reminds me of IKEA furniture instructions.

ronaldeang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT

How did the Yakima rack turn out? Did the 50" or 60" work out better? Any pics?

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I went with the 60". They are a bit too long, but I like the added rack space. I am more a Thule fan, figured I would give Yakima a chance, but I don't think the parts are as top notch as Thule products. The end caps seem loose, the plastic riser cover seems cheap. I haven't seen a Thule rack in person, but based on past experience wish I went with it. That said, I get a ton of compliments on the rack.

Pics are here... https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/yakima-rack-truxedo-sentry-ct.2089/

tlhdoc

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired

Thule recommends 235mm/9.25 inches from the windshield. The rear bars 700mm/27.5 from the front edge of the bar to the front edge of the rear bar. This is for the crew cab.
Sponsored