My dealership took care of me today.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
They provided the incorrect wheel lug key when I purchased my truck last month. When I told them and asked for my money back ($120- included with the truck when I bought it) my sales man said how about some free accessories. My SO went today and picked them up. I was pleasantly surprised.

AF284355-00A1-46B3-88BA-1966D52FAD35.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's nice that they took care of you like this. It's tough to find a good dealership that still cares about their customer. :like:

When I lived back east I went to a small town dealership where the owner would still come down and introduce himself. When my salesman retired the owner told me there's no one like Gus but if you're not happy dealing with another salesman just call me direct and I'll take care of you. I wish more dealerships were like that today but instead it seems like you're just a number.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Sweet! What is the pouch thing on the right? This kind of stuff cost them nearly nothing and brings them huge back in goodwill.

I've told this story before, and my local dealer showed me a sticker of a truck they could get, not what I wanted but I relented, and when I showed up to buy it was a truck I had already driven at another dealer. I walked out.

It costs dealers nothing to do this kind of stuff, but some still want to play games, and I guess it works since they keep doing it.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May I ask which dealership? I see you are in Texas so wondering which one is a great one around here.
This is Autonation Gulf freeway Ford. John Wilson there took care of me. I had another guy there that wouldn't even give me the time of day and when I tried to negotiate become rude. For both my truck purchases, John worked with me to get the best price they could offer and would tolerate me doing all this through e-mail. And now, after the sale, he was still available to make sure I was happy.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! What is the pouch thing on the right? This kind of stuff cost them nearly nothing and brings them huge back in goodwill.

I've told this story before, and my local dealer showed me a sticker of a truck they could get, not what I wanted but I relented, and when I showed up to buy it was a truck I had already driven at another dealer. I walked out.

It costs dealers nothing to do this kind of stuff, but some still want to play games, and I guess it works since they keep doing it.
I think you a referring to the ford roadside assistance kit. The stuff in there is kind of junk. I have a good kit already. However, I really like the pouch.

I already had floor liners so I'll probably sell the ranger floor liners.

I wanted the sun visor that was the best thing lol.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I think you a referring to the ford roadside assistance kit. The stuff in there is kind of junk. I have a good kit already. However, I really like the pouch.

I already had floor liners so I'll probably sell the ranger floor liners.

I wanted the sun visor that was the best thing lol.
How much? I'm in Houston and was fixing to pull the trigger on those mats at my dealer.