A Subie took me out.. Estimate guesses?

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
When I Iived in CT, I was hit and needed a loaner. They gave me a sub compact because that is all they are require by law to do. 6'3" don't sit well in subcompact car. I could have sued, maybe won the difference between sub and comfortable, but not a guarantee.

OP
OP
Waxthis

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Well sir, so far your in the lead. Insurance estimate was $4500. I'm sure once they take things apart it will go up. Good job, you may just be receiving a piece of grill..:clap::clap:
Seems low, and I am sure there will be some add-ons as they dig deeper as well.
If the auto repair industry is anything like the road repair industry in my neck of the woods, the lowest bidder always gets the work, then turns out to be so over budget with add-on costs and overruns that they could have gone with the highest bidder and saved.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Seems low, and I am sure there will be some add-ons as they dig deeper as well.
If the auto repair industry is anything like the road repair industry in my neck of the woods, the lowest bidder always gets the work, then turns out to be so over budget with add-on costs and overruns that they could have gone with the highest bidder and saved.
That sounds like when the school buildings in my hometown got renovated. The school board selected the lowest bidder. Since the original estimate was a couple million under what was approved by voters for the bond, school officials started coming up with extra things they would do (renovate the football stadium that had never actually been finished, replace the gravel track with rubberized asphalt, build a glass greenhouse for the vocational ag program, etc) and all but promised the community that theses extras would happen. Then came the delays and cost overruns, and in the end they ran out of money before even getting everything done that was in the basic plan. Turns out the company that won the contract had already been facing lawsuits from other schools they had worked on, alleging a pattern of bad-faith estimates.

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
I got rear ended two years ago and I didn't bother trying, but I have heard that the 'diminished value' payment is possible to get from insurance, if you're persistent.

My dad got it when he was rear-ended. Ended up being a few $k dollars. You just have to talk to the insurance about your plans with the vehicle (such as you plan to trade it in once you've paid it off, payoff date is a year from now, you expect diminished value of $5k today...they may argue it down if your anticipated trade-in date is far off in the future but it can be done! Be sure you have paperwork to back up your anticipated trade-in date, such as 'when the warranty expires').

You can also argue for a diminished value payment based on warranty. A 2020 truck definitely still has some factory drivetrain warranty; a warranty that the factory may no longer honor due to the accident ("yeah the transmission blew up but look, the vehicle was in an accident, there might be some misalignment here that caused the blow-up. claim denied."). That's worth something. And I'd try to get some money for it.

My 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor is paid for and I also bought the 6 year/125,000 mile extended warranty through Flood Ford as I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. I have noticed not too many Tremors and especially Lariat Tremors on the road near me and I live in Orange County CA where there is a zillion cars..........that's my worst fear........getting slammed by a texting driver and having to suffer diminished value.......I did get a dash cam for the front AND rear views to help in the unlikely event of an accident.......but my truck (with tons of mods/upgrades) is worth much more (to me) then the average Ranger and it's hard to find.......especially with a lot of dumb deletions from Ford (Engine cover that I added but the LED headlights that some Lariats don't have, hood struts, etc, etc.).........I won't want a new Lariat Tremor as it just wouldn't have the same items without adding a lot of added cost........ in MY case I would push like hell for diminished value if I get in an accident!!!........but let's hope not!!....and hopefully the OP will have his truck fixed like new and have him compensated properly!!

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
My 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor is paid for and I also bought the 6 year/125,000 mile extended warranty through Flood Ford as I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. I have noticed not too many Tremors and especially Lariat Tremors on the road near me and I live in Orange County CA where there is a zillion cars..........that's my worst fear........getting slammed by a texting driver and having to suffer diminished value.......I did get a dash cam for the front AND rear views to help in the unlikely event of an accident.......but my truck (with tons of mods/upgrades) is worth much more (to me) then the average Ranger and it's hard to find.......especially with a lot of dumb deletions from Ford (Engine cover that I added but the LED headlights that some Lariats don't have, hood struts, etc, etc.).........I won't want a new Lariat Tremor as it just wouldn't have the same items without adding a lot of added cost........ in MY case I would push like hell for diminished value if I get in an accident!!!........but let's hope not!!....and hopefully the OP will have his truck fixed like new and have him compensated properly!!
Sent you a PM when you get the chance! Ty

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
When the girl backed into my Ranger I had a rental set up, but thought wait, it's deer season, I need a pick up! So I called Progressive (her insurance company) and said my daily driver is my Ranger so I need a pick up. The lady on the phone said she had to get approval, but came back on said it was done. They put me in a Colorado.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When the girl backed into my Ranger I had a rental set up, but thought wait, it's deer season, I need a pick up! So I called Progressive (her insurance company) and said my daily driver is my Ranger so I need a pick up. The lady on the phone said she had to get approval, but came back on said it was done. They put me in a Colorado.
When I got hit in my Fusion I went to pick up my rental an they kept asking me to take a truck because they had so many on the lot. I assumed no one wanted one because of the gas mileage. I didn't take one because they had full size trucks an my condo parking lot where I lived at the time was very tight for cars let alone trucks.

amaxwell

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Art Director
Vehicle Showcase
Glad everyone is alright $4269.15

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well, got a face lift on the way to work today. A car about 4 length's to my right on the highway spun out in front of me during a snow storm, bounced off the construction median, and ended right smack in front of me, BOOM! No one was hurt fortunately. Ranger drives fine, no steering issues or leaks, airbags did not deploy. Other party got the ticket. She goes in tomorrow for estimate. Any guesses here? I'll send the winner a piece of the front grill...?
tempImage6lJt3G.jpg
tempImagesuqUYD.jpg

tempImagenWytDz.jpg
Totaled. Totaled

MoodyBlue

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab FX4
Occupation
Industrial Electrician (Retired)
Well, got a face lift on the way to work today. A car about 4 length's to my right on the highway spun out in front of me during a snow storm, bounced off the construction median, and ended right smack in front of me, BOOM! No one was hurt fortunately. Ranger drives fine, no steering issues or leaks, airbags did not deploy. Other party got the ticket. She goes in tomorrow for estimate. Any guesses here? I'll send the winner a piece of the front grill...?
tempImage6lJt3G.jpg
tempImagesuqUYD.jpg

tempImagenWytDz.jpg
7850? and 3 months wait to repair

OP
OP
Waxthis

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
7850? and 3 months wait to repair
I could see that price after stuff comes off and they find more.. But............3 Mos, $%$#^! I hope not..

OP
OP
Waxthis

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
time for a after market bumper ........ and grill
Morimoto lights and Raptor grill are now at the body shop. The Raptor grill from Stage 3 was half the price of the FORD OEM grill.. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: