A Subie took me out.. Estimate guesses?

916ranger

First Name
Marian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Well, got a face lift on the way to work today. A car about 4 length's to my right on the highway spun out in front of me during a snow storm, bounced off the construction median, and ended right smack in front of me, BOOM! No one was hurt fortunately. Ranger drives fine, no steering issues or leaks, airbags did not deploy. Other party got the ticket. She goes in tomorrow for estimate. Any guesses here? I'll send the winner a piece of the front grill...?
tempImage6lJt3G.jpg
tempImagesuqUYD.jpg

tempImagenWytDz.jpg
I have a oem front grill and components on eBay for $90 but I can drop to 70 on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3640977063...y2ds-i8qm2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

OP
OP
Waxthis

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
OP
OP
Waxthis

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
Ok boys and girls...Locked in estimate was $10,010.46. This was on 4/19, original was $4457 on 3/28. Not sure when it will be completed, but a least the silver lining will be some Morimoto Led lights installed and a raptor grill. SilverSlugger is the winner with a guess right at 10k. :beer::beer:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Ok boys and girls...Locked in estimate was $10,010.46. This was on 4/19, original was $4457 on 3/28. Not sure when it will be completed, but a least the silver lining will be some Morimoto Led lights installed and a raptor grill. SilverSlugger is the winner with a guess right at 10k. :beer::beer:
Sucks that used car prices are so nuts (I'd rather have it totaled out).

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As for the airbags, looks like a downward angle to the hit, and it didn't crush in too far, it would depend on how fast those crush zones were impacted, but the system is designed to keep the airbags from deploying unnecessarily. They try to keep you from getting injured by the airbags.
This--the airbags aren't supposed to go off unless you're going to really bang yourself up on the interior. Since the driver didn't report injuries in this case, better for the airbags to not go off than to break his nose for no reason.

The crumple zones are designed to crumple long before you're in "need an airbag to survive" territory.
Sponsored