My boss just won the Tremor war...

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Clay,

Thanks! I appreciate the information and your well reasoned point of view. I’m learning some things. I also appreciate the conversation and that we keep this a civil discussion. There are many parts to this and I certainly don’t see all sides.

By the way, have you read Daniel Yergins latest book “The New Map, Energy, Climate and the Clash of Nations.” I found it a fascinating point of view of history of last few years.

Kevin

QUOTE="Gumbo, post: 408661, member: 11924"]
Kevin,

By no means are you annoying me. Like you said, it's a reasonable conversation. But how in the world can you say that nothing the Dems are doing are affecting oil prices. Especially if you work in the Oil Industry.

Biden halted new exploration of oil on all Federal Lands his second day in office. We stopped drilling in ANWR. He shut down the Keystone (before you point it out, I know that was designed to sell Oil to Asia, but we could be using it for other things today). Those 9000 drilling permits that Psaki talks about is BS. All it does is allow the MSM to report that Biden is issuing more permits to drill than Trump. What they don't tell you is they are only for 9 months. What Oil company is going to drill if they have no assurance they won't be able to continue after 9 months. And in speaking of the natural gas, Federal Regulators are trying to shut down the Spire St Louis Natural Gas Pipeline.

I hear you that you have "insider" information, but the American Energy Alliance says the number one way to reduce gas prices is to increase domestic production. Besides, Biden tried calling the Saudi's and the UAE. It's pretty well know they declined his call. Ouch, they have so little respect for our president, they wouldn't even talk to him. Then to add injury to insult, they go and ask Venezuela (the Madura Regime which is worse than Putin) to please pump us oil, and then Iran. What's stupid about this is that we have plenty of domestic oil. We're just not producing it.

But without going over every single aspect of the oil situation the bottom line is this, we're pumping less oil than we were 3 years ago. Around a million barrels a day less. Now that wouldn't make up for what we need, but it would affect the price for sure.

And thanks about the Tremor. I do love it. I love having a truck for sure. I had a Porsche Macan S. Drove it for two years and sold it for $7262 more than I paid for it. Took me 4 months to get the Tremor, but got a great deal I think. The dealership sold it to me for invoice, then I got a $1500 Ford incentive for ordering it, and $750 for some Mid Tenn discount. Was in a quandry about getting it or waiting for Nextgen, but like the salesman said. I could probably drive this one for two years and sell it for more than I paid, so no worries.
[/QUOTE]
Read Charles R. Van Hise "The Conservation of Natural Resources in the United States" If you would like an insight into just how deep the BS goes, even when they try to be honest (which is a thing of the past)
Written in 1912... know the past to know the present.
Sponsored

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Read Charles R. Van Hise "The Conservation of Natural Resources in the United States" If you would like an insight into just how deep the BS goes, even when they try to be honest (which is a thing of the past)
Written in 1912... know the past to know the present.
[/QUOTE]

What is this thing, "honest" that you speak of?

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Clay,

Thanks! I appreciate the information and your well reasoned point of view. I’m learning some things. I also appreciate the conversation and that we keep this a civil discussion. There are many parts to this and I certainly don’t see all sides.

By the way, have you read Daniel Yergins latest book “The New Map, Energy, Climate and the Clash of Nations.” I found it a fascinating point of view of history of last few years.

Kevin

QUOTE="Gumbo, post: 408661, member: 11924"]
Kevin,

By no means are you annoying me. Like you said, it's a reasonable conversation. But how in the world can you say that nothing the Dems are doing are affecting oil prices. Especially if you work in the Oil Industry.

Biden halted new exploration of oil on all Federal Lands his second day in office. We stopped drilling in ANWR. He shut down the Keystone (before you point it out, I know that was designed to sell Oil to Asia, but we could be using it for other things today). Those 9000 drilling permits that Psaki talks about is BS. All it does is allow the MSM to report that Biden is issuing more permits to drill than Trump. What they don't tell you is they are only for 9 months. What Oil company is going to drill if they have no assurance they won't be able to continue after 9 months. And in speaking of the natural gas, Federal Regulators are trying to shut down the Spire St Louis Natural Gas Pipeline.

I hear you that you have "insider" information, but the American Energy Alliance says the number one way to reduce gas prices is to increase domestic production. Besides, Biden tried calling the Saudi's and the UAE. It's pretty well know they declined his call. Ouch, they have so little respect for our president, they wouldn't even talk to him. Then to add injury to insult, they go and ask Venezuela (the Madura Regime which is worse than Putin) to please pump us oil, and then Iran. What's stupid about this is that we have plenty of domestic oil. We're just not producing it.

But without going over every single aspect of the oil situation the bottom line is this, we're pumping less oil than we were 3 years ago. Around a million barrels a day less. Now that wouldn't make up for what we need, but it would affect the price for sure.

And thanks about the Tremor. I do love it. I love having a truck for sure. I had a Porsche Macan S. Drove it for two years and sold it for $7262 more than I paid for it. Took me 4 months to get the Tremor, but got a great deal I think. The dealership sold it to me for invoice, then I got a $1500 Ford incentive for ordering it, and $750 for some Mid Tenn discount. Was in a quandry about getting it or waiting for Nextgen, but like the salesman said. I could probably drive this one for two years and sell it for more than I paid, so no worries.
[/QUOTE]

no, I haven’t read it but will give a look. I guess my thought is if you can’t be civil on a site connecting car owners, best to stay off social media. And I've learned as well. I didn't know for example that natural gas had taken over coal firing for electricity. I guess what I don't understand about that is why convert natural gas into electricity to fuel cars when you could just run ICE cars on natural gas.

Last edited:

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
I definitely didn't read anything but what the OP posted, but I'm wondering how they get things in and out of the bed. I know those trucks sit tall and the bed even taller. I like my pint sized tremor. Just makes it easier to get groceries out of the back if nothing else. Not going to lie though I am a fan of the power wagon. I just think they look a little more streamlined then ford's bigger trucks.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
IIRC the new loaded Lightning with the extended batteries is $85K. Of course that’s before dealer markups so $91K sounds about right for this one.

Sad thing is I didn’t pay much more for my house than that. It was a short sale and in 10 years its appreciated to more than 4x’s that amount.
Gotta love this lol… I know out in Casa Grande for a while they had houses for around $60K!!! ??????Never pulled the trigger cause I didn’t like the area man… I feel stupid now.

(Would love to see the F350 tremor 4x it’s value) - that would be something amazing. ?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You can argue about this and that but the only real problem is people farts. There is too many of them.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
91 thousand God damn dollars for a ford pickup ? ?‍♀

I know it's nice and all..... but God damn.
Raptor F150's will set you back 98k easily

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Went to Ford website and built a 22 F350 Tremor with similar stats. Came up to about 87K, which doesn't include dealer 'add-ons'

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
No more cows in commifornia, the land of fruits and nuts.
Do cows in California come with a prop 65 sticker on the side? ?