My auto stop stopped working....automatically !

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Last year my ASS stopped working when it got cold. This year in AZ it may never get cold. ?
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Same thing happened to me the other day. I happen to like the auto start/stop feature and noticed it wasn't auto stopping. Tried cycling the button a few times. No luck.

Day was gorgeous, AC was off windows down, engine running at stop signs and lights.

Then it occurred to me - this was the first time I was running the truck in 3 weeks. Battery. And my battery is at about the 2 year mark which is the magical lifespan for a battery in AZ so over 3 weeks it may have discharged a little more.

My assumption was that the Auto Start / Stop was not kicking off to support battery charge and reduce battery drain. Sure enough, I hopped up on the free way and drove 20 miles and when I got off at a stop light, it Auto Stopped the engine. Battery seems to be the issue.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Mine has done the same thing. Like everyone has mentioned certain conditions must be met. The owners guide is pretty complicated but I am sure it’s normal.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I purposely did not active the Auto/Stop button. Imagine my surprise when I stopped at a stop sign and the little truck that could kept running! WTH? Now I hate that damn Auto Stop feature, but makes me wonder if something else is going on. Sigh.......a trip to the dealer to be sure no electrical gremlins or other demons are at work here. POOP!
I have had issue with mine too! It is dependent on other factors like charging for one. So ya you do need to get it checked out, as do I...."Poop" is the correct remark!!

OP
OP
Retamaman

Retamaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Magnetic Sport, 2020 Genesis G80 3.8L
For me it turned out to be the battery. All is well, damnit! I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read all the posts, but if you scroll through your in-dash settings, go to "Fuel Economy" and at the end of that list it'll tell you about the status of "Auto Start-Stop" and why it's disengaged. :)

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Last year my ASS stopped working when it got cold. This year in AZ it may never get cold. ?
Mine was the battery, it was dying! Finally got to the point that I couldn’t listen to anything in the accessories position of the key. Computer was shutting everything down to conserve battery. Took it in Ford replaced the battery after testing the system. There is a screen in the fuel economy section that will show if the truck is still charging when Auto Annoyance doesn’t work.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I purposely did not active the Auto/Stop button. Imagine my surprise when I stopped at a stop sign and the little truck that could kept running! WTH? Now I hate that damn Auto Stop feature, but makes me wonder if something else is going on. Sigh.......a trip to the dealer to be sure no electrical gremlins or other demons are at work here. POOP!
It's the Battery. Change it out and it'll work again. Did mine at 3 years and all is well with ASS and another issue that had started because of a low battery.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Lucky Dog !!! :)
Sponsored