First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Self-Employed
I’ve narrowed my trailer selection down to Xpedition and Boreas. I’m going to rent both from XGRiD Campers out of Vegas and see which I like best. Feeling pretty confident that Xpedition is the way to go, but the chassis and suspension on the Boreas appear to be bomber.
Let me know what you decide! The xpedition is really cool. It is owned by Artech who have been doing fab work (bumpers, skids, etc) for a long time. The trailer is super cool.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
Holy !&($ that is something to strive for. Just out of curiosity, I've never seen anything like it-- what on Earth is that trailer set-up? Looks wicked
It is the Turtleback Trailers Expedition model. Really sweet, well built trailer with everything you could need or want in a camping setup. Its got icon suspension and performs pretty well off road!!

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It is the Turtleback Trailers Expedition model. Really sweet, well built trailer with everything you could need or want in a camping setup. Its got icon suspension and performs pretty well off road!!
Damn this thing is sweet! Thank you for the information sir :)

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Awesome setup Lucas. I like it a lot. I am pulling a Fleetwood off road tent trailer. I call it my mobile condo. I have not done anything major off road with it but really like the trailer having large tires so I can get over anything the truck can. It only weights 1250#. I have solar and two batteries and two propane tanks. So far it works pretty sweet. I like the fact I can go off the grid and also I don't really know it's back there when I tow it.
Thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
Awesome setup Lucas. I like it a lot. I am pulling a Fleetwood off road tent trailer. I call it my mobile condo. I have not done anything major off road with it but really like the trailer having large tires so I can get over anything the truck can. It only weights 1250#. I have solar and two batteries and two propane tanks. So far it works pretty sweet.
Thanks,
Dang the fleetwood is awesome!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I got the smaller one but it's perfect for me. Queen bed up front. 6' sofa, stove, sink, heat, solar, twin bed on the other end, little dining table for two. All LED push lighting. It rocks. I am at work or I would tack on a picture.

JohnnyD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Really like the project here!
Am planning seat delete for a dog crate and storage box. Do you have any more photos or resources (videos you watched, etc) for that? Yours looks really clean!
Also have a set of Baja lights leftover from another project and have been searching for a mounting option like yours that isn’t a $300 bar. What did you use there and do you remember the approx dimensions?

TIA - John

IMG_0405.PNG

[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
Really like the project here!
Am planning seat delete for a dog crate and storage box. Do you have any more photos or resources (videos you watched, etc) for that? Yours looks really clean!
Also have a set of Baja lights leftover from another project and have been searching for a mounting option like yours that isn’t a $300 bar. What did you use there and do you remember the approx dimensions?

TIA - John

Hey John,

I just watched a youtube video on how to remove the back seats and then I used 80/20 aluminum to build the frame and mount directly into the existing factory seat holes. I then used the frame that I built on top as a template to cut out some plywood in order to mount that on top.

The seatback portion was a little tricky. I couldn't find a way to mount it, so I used a buckle and some straps to hook to the seat mount, just to keep that thing from falling forward. And then I used some blocks on the bottom and screwed in to the back portion in order to keep the bottom from shifting.

As for the lights, I used some 6 or 8 inch flat brackets that I found laying around and found two holes in the steel bumper and bolted them on that way. Very easy.

IMG_0405.PNG
[/QUOTE]

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
A few more details here. I will continue to post and update my build progress.

Here is the Huracan Fab rear tailgate storage solution and a seat delete I built for the rear seats. I will be building removable storage modules.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0405.PNG
Your tailgate has 2 dampers...

Onemig

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Did you have to order the Huracan Fab rear tailgate storage solution straight from Australia? Is the one you have for the PX MkIII?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Thats a great rig!
Looked at the trailers mentioned, cost more than I paid for my truck! ?
Sponsored