Mustang style headlights in the US

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
Anyone here in the US find a set of these that work. I bought some from smokedlighting.com/next-gen speed that where stated as being plug and play and the headlights are but no turn signals or running lights. Their customer service and support are non-existent and I don't recommend them for ANYTHING. No instructions or documentation in the package or online anywhere. I have filed a claim through paypal so hopefully i should get my money back. If anyone in the US has made a set of these work please let me know which ones and where to get them. Thanks.
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
You might post some pics from all sides and close ups of the connectors. Maybe someone can figure out.

EDIT
OK - I used a different browser and can see the pics online - those may be enough.

They look pretty nice, good upgrade for us XLT owners!

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The plug can be rewired to work but unfortunately the lower mount point is different & they do not correctly match the shape of the fender.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Anyone here in the US find a set of these that work. I bought some from smokedlighting.com/next-gen speed that where stated as being plug and play and the headlights are but no turn signals or running lights. Their customer service and support are non-existent and I don't recommend them for ANYTHING. No instructions or documentation in the package or online anywhere. I have filed a claim through paypal so hopefully i should get my money back. If anyone in the US has made a set of these work please let me know which ones and where to get them. Thanks.
You might post some pics from all sides and close ups of the connectors. Maybe someone can figure out.

EDIT
OK - I used a different browser and can see the pics online - those may be enough.

They look pretty nice, good upgrade for us XLT owners!
Weird, I'm not seeing any pics. am I missing something?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I can't see the pics, I've tried three different browsers, firefox, chrome, and safari.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Here's a couple pics from the listing.
The outside lower mount is fastened behind the fender at the fender/valance seam.....notice how that seam is further forward on the rotw rangers. The rotw ranger also uses 2 connectors, that's an easy fix since the main connector is the same (8-pin mx150) but the outside lower mount does not line up. The shape of the fender around the headlight is also slightly different than ours so even if you cut off the outside mount & make a bracket it will not match up to the fender correctly.
AKD-Car-Styling-Head-Lamp-for-Ford-Ranger-16-18-mustang-Headlights-with-Dynamic-Signal-DRL.jpg...jpg
HTB1kGXcbTJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXal.jpg

Last edited:

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
How much are these? They look great! If they're affordable and ever become compatible to US Rangers, I'll probably jump on them.

TomisB

First Name
Tomis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Nurse
I have been looking at these on eBay. Thanks for the heads up. I would also get a set if they fit US models.

OP
OP
PAUL J CAIN

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
How much are these? They look great! If they're affordable and ever become compatible to US Rangers, I'll probably jump on them.
They are $650 but like I saId IN MY op THEY DO NOT WORK

Last edited:
OP
OP
PAUL J CAIN

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
Here's a couple pics from the listing.
The outside lower mount is fastened behind the fender at the fender/valance seam.....notice how that seam is further forward on the rotw rangers. The rotw ranger also uses 2 connectors, that's an easy fix since the main connector is the same (8-pin mx150) but the outside lower mount does not line up. The shape of the fender around the headlight is also slightly different than ours so even if you cut off the outside mount & make a bracket it will not match up to the fender correctly.
AKD-Car-Styling-Head-Lamp-for-Ford-Ranger-16-18-mustang-Headlights-with-Dynamic-Signal-DRL.jpg...jpg
HTB1kGXcbTJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXal.jpg
Please tell me how it's an easy fix ?

OP
OP
PAUL J CAIN

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
I took some pics with the light in place <please excuse the pollen> . Yes I see where one mounting point does not line up but it does not stop the light from going in place or effect the body work from going back in. The light seems pretty solid without it. I don't see any issues with it following the body lines of the truck. Now....if I could get the rest of the functions of the light < drl, turn signal,etc.> to work I would be a happy camper. Does anyone think that making the changes to forscan? for the lariat lights will work ?

IMG_20200403_122924.jpg

IMG_20200403_122930.jpg

IMG_20200403_122944.jpg

IMG_20200403_123157.jpg

IMG_20200403_123201.jpg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The fit looks good!
It sounds like function could be a mix of wiring mods and FORSCAN.
Anybody have a headlight diagram for ROW and US Ranger headlights?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PAUL J CAIN

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
The fit looks good!
It sounds like function could be a mix of wiring mods and FORSCAN.
Anybody have a headlight diagram for ROW and US Ranger headlights?
Thanks