First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Henry ford was not a good man, holyshit guys...
My guess is anyone that builds a company that big isn't very nice. Everyone either wants something from you or wants to take over what you built.
Sponsored

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Imposing modern mores on figures of the past makes all historic figures look bad.
Most were simply products of the society they lived in, no worse, no better.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
We're goin off the rails on a crazy train.
Not necessarily a bad thing. The original topic was boring as heck. Some 'focus' every now and again is good. :)

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not necessarily a bad thing. The original topic was boring as heck. Some 'focus' every now and again is good. :)
Yeah, derailments can be fun and I know aren't such a big deal here in these forums. I actually appreciate the light modding this site gets. Keeping things loose.
But here it felt like things were getting touchy with feelings.
And with an air of dividing of politics.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I did some frequent traveling down to Kansas City and back in 2020. So I would drive by the Claycomo Plant. I can tell you at that time the finished but unfinished Trucks and Vans I saw was eye popping. I've considered taking another trip down just to see if they've made it to dealerships or are they still parked there waiting for a chip or two.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, derailments can be fun and I know aren't such a big deal here in these forums. I actually appreciate the light modding this site gets. Keeping things loose.
But here it felt like things were getting touchy with feelings.
And with an air of dividing of politics.
We are living in exciting times.

Just read a news story about a gorgeous 27yo news anchor, engaged to be married, seemingly excellent family, no known issues, etc. commits 'suicide'?

Too convenient in this day and age. Any true news about the parts 'pipeline failure' or just more rehashed non news? Everything in this thread is inter related whether everyone wants to admit it or not.

I was surprised to read that a substantial number auto component suppliers were located in The Ukraine. Incredibly bad political situation there since 2014.

Farm products are finally being shipped from The Ukraine - when will auto components resume? I'm watching that situation keenly because our next world war will most likely start in the region.

Any truth about the Ukraine situation in the 'controlled media'? Little to none. Thinking European plants in every sector will be shutting down like dominoes shortly due to the energy situation.

Yet, America is shipping its fuel reserves every where else and not replacing them. Not hard to imagine where this is going....

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
Imposing modern mores on figures of the past makes all historic figures look bad.
Most were simply products of the society they lived in, no worse, no better.

Exactly.

We shouldn't let their "sins" overshadow their accomplishments, and their accomplishments shouldn't absolve them of their sins.

It's the historical figure that give the future generations the lessons to learn from.

Ford wasn't doing anything that that a million other Joe Nobodys were doing. The only difference is Ford was a public figure. Half my lineage is Jewish and I don't have a problem with it. Hell, I just might even swap my Ford logos for yellow stars.

Last edited:

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Exactly.

We shouldn't let their "sins" overshadow their accomplishments, and their accomplishments shouldn't absolve them of their sins.

It's the historical figure that give the future generations the lessons to learn from.

Ford wasn't doing anything that that a million other Joe Nobodys were doing. The only difference is Ford was a public figure. Half my lineage is Jewish and I don't have a problem with it. Hell, I just might even swap my Ford logos for yellow stars.
If it wasn't a sin then why should history castigate them now?
That's like making laws retroactive and punishing someone for what was legal when they did it.
"Let us topple all the statues and write all the heros out of the history books" said every oppressive regime ever.
Ford wasn't much different than the rich and powerful of his day. He just happened, like many of his contemporaries to hold beliefs that history has proven wrong. Or, in some cases just decreed them to be wrong.
Sponsored