First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Ford wasn't much different than the rich and powerful of his day. He just happened, like many of his contemporaries to hold beliefs that history has proven wrong. Or, in some cases just decreed them to be wrong.
Well stated. Sounds all too familiar....

Edit: The rich and powerful (media refers to them as The Elites) have now attempted a depopulation scheme twice in just over 100 years. The current effort will be far more successful unfortunately.

Henry Ford spoke out strongly against those who were responsible for the first effort, as he should have. Today, he is referred to as an 'anti semite' for doing so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
If it wasn't a sin then why should history castigate them now?
That's like making laws retroactive and punishing someone for what was legal when they did it.
"Let us topple all the statues and write all the heros out of the history books" said every oppressive regime ever.
Ford wasn't much different than the rich and powerful of his day. He just happened, like many of his contemporaries to hold beliefs that history has proven wrong. Or, in some cases just decreed them to be wrong.
You're saying the same thing I was saying, making the same point. hence the word "sins" in quotes.

Looking to past, seeing what was wrong, learning from it...changing and growing from that is a good thing But tearing down statues, or renaming a monument or building because someone owned slaves when it was legal and acceptable? The whole cancel culture thing is stupid. Get over it., which brings us back yo my initial comment in this thread and my use of the term "Karen". It just seems that that's how half the world is acting right now...or least those in power in the US.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
You're saying the same thing I was saying, making the same point. hence the word "sins" in quotes.

Looking to past, seeing what was wrong, learning from it...changing and growing from that is a good thing But tearing down statues, or renaming a monument or building because someone owned slaves when it was legal and acceptable? The whole cancel culture thing is stupid. Get over it., which brings us back yo my initial comment in this thread and my use of the term "Karen". It just seems that that's how half the world is acting right now...or least those in power in the US.
History is just history. It's good and bad. You can't remove all the statues an take the names off the buildings an pretend it never happened or anything they achieved is bad. Everything Hitler achieved was bad but most figures are a mix of achievements and bad things. Many of the global companies in Germany contributed to the Nazi war effort, some were true believers in the ideology.

People that did wrong shouldn't be erased but learned from so we don't repeat those mistakes. That's the whole point of history but we educators today are more concerned with reshaping the past to support their preferred policies of the future.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
And one more thing...Pete Rose deserves to be in the MLB HOF.
agreed. they could allow him in the hall of fame but keep him banned from ever working in baseball again. Put a note on his plaque that he was banned for betting one baseball for history. You can't take away the fact he has more hits than anyone in the history of the game. He sounds like a bad person without the betting and not paying his taxes.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Sanctus Rimor I know. But I had all that typed out and wasn't going to waste it. Sorry.