First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I love me a snorkel on any truck, I think they look great and can be invaluable in the right circumstances. With that said, I would definitely go CAI, unless I was often in high dust convoys, or expected water crossing deeper than ~2 feet.

I had the Mishimoto CAI on mine and was very happy with it, but insurance said it's a no no, so it came off. I bought it mostly because it is better than the factory air box for water crossing, and I couldn't find a snorkel for the 2.3 Ranger at that time.
Insurance told you no? Odd.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Just was looking on stage 3, airaid seems like a pretty similar design for $100 less. Thoughts?
I'm sure the level of design is a lot more thought out on the Mishi. It seems others like Roush, AfE and K&N were rushed to market in relation.

Over the life of owning the truck I think the quality of the Mishi would bring a better return of satisfaction.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Insurance told you no? Odd.
The insurance company said they would not provide coverage if there are after purchase "high Performance" upgrades. It was not the only problem I had with them on this vehicle, so I decided to end my relationship with them over it.

In Canada cancelling insurance is as bad as having an at fault accident. If I cancel my rates are guaranteed to go to go up for the next 5 years. My renewal is in September and I still had all the original parts, so the fast easy solution was to reinstall the factory parts on the tuck for now, and not replace my insurance provider at renewal time.

My broker is a moron, so all the questions you have right now, I asked her, but like I said... moron. I couldn't get straight answers on anything, her static reply is "I'll look into it and get back to you". Until this vehicle it never mattered to me. I only ever had liability on vehicles before, so her lack of ability was hidden.

I've received a few recommendations now, and will be shopping around in another month or so.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
The insurance company said they would not provide coverage if there are after purchase "high Performance" upgrades. It was not the only problem I had with them on this vehicle, so I decided to end my relationship with them over it.

In Canada cancelling insurance is as bad as having an at fault accident. If I cancel my rates are guaranteed to go to go up for the next 5 years. My renewal is in September and I still had all the original parts, so the fast easy solution was to reinstall the factory parts on the tuck for now, and not replace my insurance provider at renewal time.

My broker is a moron, so all the questions you have right now, I asked her, but like I said... moron. I couldn't get straight answers on anything, her static reply is "I'll look into it and get back to you". Until this vehicle it never mattered to me. I only ever had liability on vehicles before, so her lack of ability was hidden.

I've received a few recommendations now, and will be shopping around in another month or so.
Although I understand it all worked out in the end, looks like insurance co’s are starting to look for “mods” -> https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ontario-man-denied-insurance-claim-after-modifying-his-sports-car

Not sure what all insurers are involved, but read the fine print of your policy I guess?

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Just was looking on stage 3, airaid seems like a pretty similar design for $100 less. Thoughts?
It looks like a lot less engineering went into the airaid. Just looking at the fact that the snorkel is essentially the exact same as stock is a no go for me. I really enjoy how Mishimoto posts their engineer’s write ups on designing their parts and what they found too. Im sure the airaid is fine, but I would not hesitate to buy the mishimoto one again.

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I’ve had the Mishimoto CAI for about 2 months now and thought i’d give my review on it. I also have the FPP tune and a Gibson dual exhaust paired up with it.
There is a definite performance increase in the mid-high rpms and a sweet turbo sound to go with it. I’ve also seen an improvement in gas mileage by about 2mpg.
Build quality is outstanding and the fit and finish is the same. What led me towards the Mishimoto CAI vs the competition is that you can tell that they really tried to improve the actual design of the intake from the ground up vs just working with the box Ford developed or an intake scoop that does nothing because all of the same restrictions are in place. If you’re on the fence or shopping around for a CAI I would definitely recommend the Mishimoto CAI!
BCDFD264-BD87-478C-859D-763C999CF6EF.jpeg
50ABD31D-99AA-4F28-984D-B0290C8A7914.jpeg
8310EE77-BB6C-4C0B-AEE9-6154968D3280.jpeg

6D6080B7-1BA9-4A88-BADC-5894BA2E8776.jpeg

6DA03AF1-2FEE-484C-9390-9AB371934348.jpeg
Thanks so much for posting! We always appreciate any and all feedback from our customers

I just wish they would venture into the Diesel side of the world. The Bi Turbo guys would eat this up. No one is making a tested intake set up for the Raptors/Rangers/Everest running the Bi turbo Engines.
We do actually have some components for the 3.2L diesel listed up on our Australian site! We had the opportunity to get one of these to develop and intercooler kit and catch can, though it's tough for us to get our hands on the 2.0 Bi-turbo variant

-Nick

Mitchcay

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger xlt fx4
I have the ford perfmance tune, borla exhaust and I've just installed the mishimoto CAI today. I'm wondering if it's ok running that with the ford performance tune.
Sponsored