Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
See my last post. I chose a wrangler
Agreed. The gladiator has a really bad break over angle. Unless you want to keep a truck bed, seriously consider a wrangler.
Sponsored

OP
OP
McLeadslinger

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I got 43k on trade. I owed half that. The Ranger can’t hang with my jeep buddies.
I mean if you're being offered stupid money for your current truck & think you can bag a Jeep in the process, why not? Its a weird time for vehicle sales right now. If you're able to take advantage of it & it leads to an enhancement in your own life then by all means. Curious about the diesel Jeeps though. Haven't really seen much on them.

OP
OP
McLeadslinger

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I got 43k on trade and I have 11k miles with eibach coilover lift, UCA’s, 33’s and wheels.

Always makes me wonder what I could get for my truck in the private sale with all the custom fabrication and still under 10,000 miles for a 2019. We all know generally aftermarket is null and void but then you look at custom one-off fabrication type stuff and it can draw in a hefty price tag depending what it is.
No Rubicon?

WTF?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would've been one of those 3. Not surprised though, we seem to have similar taste.

OP, you like to flog the shit out of your Ranger IIRC. You won't be doing that in a Gladiator. Especially a diesel powered one.

I get that you like to wheel. Why not take the $20k cost of entry into the Gladiator, build a trail rig, and keep the Ranger? Best of both worlds. If you're handy you could come close to completing a custom buggy for that.
7c6.jpg

OP, Congrats of the Jeep.

The Sting Gray color looks great :like:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do Trevor. But, if you put an "angry grill" on that Gald, you are dead to me...........:bandit:

OP
OP
McLeadslinger

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Every one of my friends has modded Jeeps. They would kill
Me. I would NEVER install one of those ugly grills. Lol.
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do Trevor. But, if you put an "angry grill" on that Gald, you are dead to me...........:bandit:

OP
OP
McLeadslinger

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I got my Full bolt on 2017 mustang GT and my 600whp 1JZ Toyota soarer for those duties.

Decided to get a JLU instead. Im actually coming out ahead on this whole deal. You can’t build a good trail rig for $20k. Not the way I would build one anyways. To be honest, im bored with the Ranger, aftermarket support sucks and the price of the aftermarket is high as hell.
I would've been one of those 3. Not surprised though, we seem to have similar taste.

OP, you like to flog the shit out of your Ranger IIRC. You won't be doing that in a Gladiator. Especially a diesel powered one.

I get that you like to wheel. Why not take the $20k cost of entry into the Gladiator, build a trail rig, and keep the Ranger? Best of both worlds. If you're handy you could come close to completing a custom buggy for that.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Things slightly changed. Decided against the Gladiator due to the long wheelbase and decided to buy a brand new Sting grey Willy’s JLU with the 3.6. I pick it up tomorrow.
Hard top
Uconnect 8.4 screen
navigation
sun and sound package with Alpine audio and sub
heavy duty tow package
cold weather package

FAC6A9AD-951B-4323-B724-3EC024100095.png
Ummm, that looks a bit familiar too me brother. Enjoy

'19 3.6L 8spd. I will say this. The 3.6 isn't a barn burner in any way. But it, with Jeep's 8 speed work better together than any Ford set up I have in the driveway. 22K miles on mine, and has only been in for oil changes (knock wood) :)
eugene.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I got my Full bolt on 2017 mustang GT and my 600whp 1JZ Toyota soarer for those duties.

Decided to get a JLU instead. Im actually coming out ahead on this whole deal. You can’t build a good trail rig for $20k. Not the way I would build one anyways. To be honest, im bored with the Ranger, aftermarket support sucks and the price of the aftermarket is high as hell.
You may not be able to "buy" one for $20k. But you most assuredly can build one.

Beat up YJ, $10k in axles/driveshafts/Atlas, wrecked 4th gen Camaro. A dash of tubing, and a pinch of hardware, simmer in the garage for a year or until idling. Serve warm over boulders and mud.

As for the rest, I get it. I suffer from automotive ADD as well. I just keep it under control usually.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Every one of my friends has modded Jeeps.
It all makes sense now. Peer pressure.

It's okay, bud. Not everybody has the strength to be a leader. Some were born followers

In all seriousness, nice find. The Willy's is the best trim level short of the Rubi. Arguably it offers the best bang for your buck. And if you're gonna do a wild build, like won-tons and whatnot, it's the best jumping off point. Plus IIRC, it's got that sweet gloss black grill.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Nice buy man! You'll be happy with the JLU. Love the Willy's trim.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Things slightly changed. Decided against the Gladiator due to the long wheelbase and decided to buy a brand new Sting grey Willy’s JLU with the 3.6. I pick it up tomorrow.
Hard top
Uconnect 8.4 screen
navigation
sun and sound package with Alpine audio and sub
heavy duty tow package
cold weather package

FAC6A9AD-951B-4323-B724-3EC024100095.png
e
Nice find Trevor, you'll have a lot of fun with it. One thing though it has to many doors. lol ?

IMG_4969.jpg

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you think a Ranger is a money pit...you have no idea what you got yourself into with a Wrangler lol

Congrats on the new buy ?