Said Goodbye to the Ranger

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Well guys, after much thought we traded the Ranger over the weekend. I will first say I really loved the truck overall. Three issues that we had was sometimes 1. bad vibration on the highway (most likely from what I read from the lift/driveshaft), 2. gas mileage with the 3" ready lift (16 mpg on the highway), which leads to 3 gas prices. I know I want a new body style Ranger when they come out so we traded for a 20 Fusion great car and still in my favorite color Velocity Blue. My very minor gripes just like others were lack of heated steering, ventilated seats and the small climate control buttons. When using android auto it is a pain closing out to adjust the climate through the screen. The ergonomics was meh.

The ranger is missed but look forward to the new body style that will hopefully fit the US market better. crossing my fingers.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear you had a few bad experiences with your Ranger. At least now the trade in values are high and you got yourself into something that suites you now. Hopefully the next gen Ranger fits you better. Good luck!

OP
OP
21VBRanger

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Normally I'd said congrats, but you went to a Fusion? I'd have a heart attack lol...

JK. Hopefully we'll see you back in the new gen ranger.
It's a nice car but it's not my truck. We only have one car so losing $300 a month on the payment was very nice. Money to save and apply to the new truck when it launches. We just couldn't justify removing the lift because then it takes away of the appearance that I loved and wasn't sure that it would completely fix the vibration. Plus this car will be handed down to my step son :)

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
Normally I'd said congrats, but you went to a Fusion? I'd have a heart attack lol...

JK. Hopefully we'll see you back in the new gen ranger.
I think the last generation Fusion was the best Sedan Ford ever made

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Fusion Sport (2.7EB/AWD) is an absolute hoot ?

ranger 2020

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020ranger 22 Ecosport 21 Honda PCX
Occupation
retired
Fusion is a great car. Ours has over 140 K miles & still drives like the day we bought it. Replaced frt struts, spring broke & replaced steering rack. Ford paid that bill under a program. Wife drives it to work 2/3 days a week plus weekend chores. Still gets 28/30 mpg. One of the best cars we have ever owned.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Shit with gas prices i was debating selling the ranger and buying a motorcycle
Don't sell the Ranger. But still buy a motorcycle! That's my plan. Neither a Fusion or a bike can fill the void, just getting the new bike!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Funny comments. I traded my 2013 Fusion hybrid for my 2020 Ranger. I do miss the 40+ MPG of the Fusion and it was a fun car to drive and very comfortable. l don't miss the getting in and out of the Fusion. You get down in and up and out. I am getting older and my Ranger is perfect to get in and out of. So with high gas prices I have ridden my Yamaha FZ6 to work went the weather is good. Love my Ranger.
Sponsored