Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
200k is the new 100k..

But grats on making it that far with little work.

I am doing maintenance like I'm shooting for 250k but it will probably get traded long before that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
How many transmissions did you go through?
My tranny has been and still is a beast! I'm going to say that I have torture tested our 10R80.....if you only knew...verdict.....she still runs smooth as silk, especially since I flashed to my HP soft-shift tune.

Mad440x

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
Occupation
Construction. I work!
63k in a year. I’m working on it. Be there soon. Always in the throttle here on the back roads of central Florida.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Congrats on the 100k! It's encouraging to know that they will go far pretty much trouble free. I will turn over 40,000mi on mine this week and only had the blend door/plenum problem fixed under warranty. We just got back from Custer State Park and Wind Cave Nat'l Monument, and I discovered that putting it in Trailer Tow really smoothes out the shifting when crawling along dirt roads at 5-20mph in 2H or 4H. At this rate my 20-year truck will be at 200k in ten years!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on the 100k! It's encouraging to know that they will go far pretty much trouble free. I will turn over 40,000mi on mine this week and only had the blend door/plenum problem fixed under warranty. We just got back from Custer State Park and Wind Cave Nat'l Monument, and I discovered that putting it in Trailer Tow really smoothes out the shifting when crawling along dirt roads at 5-20mph in 2H or 4H. At this rate my 20-year truck will be at 200k in ten years!
Chris, how was Wind Cave NM? We went to Custer SP last year but didn't have time to do Wind Cave and will be back there mid June and want to it along with Jewel Cave.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Chris, how was Wind Cave NM? We went to Custer SP last year but didn't have time to do Wind Cave and will be back there mid June and want to it along with Jewel Cave.
Hi Dave,
We didn't do the Wind Cave tour this trip but we get out there usually twice a year; in the spring to see the newborn calves (red dogs) and again in the fall for the Buffalo Roundup. There is an extensive network of well marked gravel roads in CSP that take you back into the valleys and grazing lands where the bison like to graze, especially now when the females are with their newborns. CSP maintains a herd of 1,200-1,400 bison. There is a dirt road that links both CSP and Wind Cave called Red Valley Rd (co. rd. 6 ), and WC has several more back roads and another herd of 4-500 bison, plus pronghorns, rams; both Nature's and Stellantis'!
Custer State Park and Wind Cave:
IMG_8367.jpeg
IMG_0857.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_8370.jpeg

Badlands National Park:
IMG_8397.jpeg
IMG_8367.jpeg
IMG_0857.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_8370.jpeg
IMG_8397.jpeg