First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I'm a GM hater, but the LS engines are superior for a swap project because they are cam-in-block, pushrod, port injection and therefore they're simple, rugged, easy to swap, easy to work on, and cheap to add power adders to.

I really wish Ford had offered more than one engine option, but that's probably what they'll do in another 24 months when the all-new Ranger is revealed.
I’m not a gm hater...but if he is thinking of a conversion...why not a coyote?
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
GM in a Ford? This shouldn't be. Go buy a Colorado and swap.
Understand what you are getting at, but did not want a Colorado/Canyon for this project. Has been done many times. Hoping to be the first or one of the first to do a swap in the new body style Ranger even though the previous body style Ranger has been swapped a lot too.

OP
OP
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I’m not a gm hater...but if he is thinking of a conversion...why not a coyote?
Because I already have the LS1. As I mentioned already, I like the coyote motor and have nothing against it. Ford builds world class V8's. Just need to finally get off my rear end and do something with this motor and decided this is the way I want to go

OP
OP
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
To bad the LS1 modded is slower than a stock 5.0 when both are under boost. Would be a perfect fit for the 10 speed that will wipe the floor with any other comparable trans. Maual transmissions are pointless for getting quick 1/4 mile times. Good luck on your ventures!:thumbsup:
While my goal is to build a 10 sec sleeper, I am not setting out to build the worlds fastest Ranger. I want to build a streetable truck that I can take to drag strip when I want too. I agree manuals aren't the best for ultimate performance, but that will make this project even more unique as there are no manuals from the factory. Makes the tuck more fun to row your own and I am all for saving the manuals as they are going the way of the dodo bird.

Could careless if someone wants to build a faster truck and couldn't careless about the 5.0 vs LS1 boosted debate. Both are awesome motors and I am not here to hate on either. More power to someone if they want to build a coyote or ecoboost Ranger sleeper. Maybe we could meet up for some friendly fun at the drag strip

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, I guess I didn’t read the whole thread...you go with your bad self!
Regards
Doc

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
It is my understanding that the LS1 is a relatively small package so that's one of the reasons that you see so many LS1 swaps. The 5.0 Coyote is a really large engine, though. I could see where an LS1 could fit (I've seen them in Miatas before) but the Coyote could very well be too large for the Ranger. Don't forget that it is DOHC with dual injection and all that fun stuff that makes for a much bigger and less manageable solution for a direct swap.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3, 2011 Hyundai Tucson, 1994 VW Corrado SLC
Another LS1 swap? Not very original and in a Ford? C'mon, that's just silly. I'd rather see a 3.5L EB swapped into the ranger. The version running in the GT has 650 hp, so the potential is certainly there.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
We roadraced SCCA for 18 years and I always said if I was only going a 1/4 mile I wouldn't own a car (I can walk that far)
If you put an SOB engine in a Ranger, and venture onto the street, be sure and make room for a good pair of shoes and a cell phone so you can call someone with a real Ranger and a trailer for a ride! :rolleyes:

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
:rockon: A straight six, turbo. Like a BMW N55 :sunglasses:

Toms19

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Lightning Blue RWD
Why is this even posted? Delete this crap no cross breeding on here please!