Turbo swap?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Probably would work with the correct charge pipes, and tuning just like almost any other turbo would. Turbo swaps were huge with the Focus ST due to it's tiny little turbo.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
That does look like it could be a nice upgrade for the Ranger.

Reading through that article on the Turbonetics upgrade brought me back to a time when I was researching potential turbo upgrades for the VeeDub. While looking for more info on the FrankenTurbo kit I came across a humorous video. Where the guys girlfriend finds receipts for a turbo, intake manifold, etc. Then asks why he is not spending that money on meaningful gifts to her...

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Reading through that article on the Turbonetics upgrade brought me back to a time when I was researching potential turbo upgrades for the VeeDub. While looking for more info on the FrankenTurbo kit I came across a humorous video. Where the guys girlfriend finds receipts for a turbo, intake manifold, etc. Then asks why he is not spending that money on meaningful gifts to her...
I got my wife to buy lots of my upgrades for the Focus ST, she didn't even like being in it (she gets motion sickness). It smelled like raw fuel (catless), and was overly harsh on Michigan roads. When it got totaled, she was pissed I couldn't get the ATP downpipe off (I had a separated sternum), and to this day brings it up. It's literally the only part I didn't get off before they took it to the auction :) When I got the ranger she said "I am not getting you another downpipe, you lost the last one". So I can relate to this video!

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
t4thfavor - Sorry to hear about your ST, downpipe and sternum.

Maybe she will come around eventually. Could be she only is saying that she would not buy you one for you. Possibly does not mean she is saying that you could not buy one yourself. ;)

Having your sternum separated in the accident sounds painful. Think she might give you a pass on not removing the downpipe on that occasion.

Hope she likes the riding about in the Ranger better. Glad you liked the video.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Although I may suffer from lackofnookie (a rare Hawaiian disease :crackup:), I can buy anything I need or want at anytime.:like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can buy one if I want, but it's smelly, and nobody's making a high quality stainless one yet. Just picture me and my 75 year old father under my U shaped Focus ST with a breaker bar in the parking lot of the wrecker yard (they won't let you in the yard, but they will tow your busted car to the parking lot) while the car sits on cinder blocks. Needless to say we didn't want to hang around long, and were getting odd looks from the yard owner. I got every one of the other bolt ons out though, helped me make another 1800$ off the car before they totaled it.

Chamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4 FX4
I have that turbo on my RS and plan on picking one up for the Ranger later this year. Hopefully someone beats me to it tho.

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4, 2007 GT500, 2015 Mustang, 2016 RAM2500, 2018 Porsche Cayman
The Ranger has an electronic waste gate actuator so it would definitely not be a drop in solution as they are for the Mustang and RS

Chamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4 FX4
The Ranger has an electronic waste gate actuator so it would definitely not be a drop in solution as they are for the Mustang and RS
Interesting. I'm waiting for Cobb to release the AP before I really dig around but couldn't you just swap the actuator to the aftermarket turbo. Assuming there are tables that can be adjusted for it. Otherwise, its really not that hard to install a BCS.

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4, 2007 GT500, 2015 Mustang, 2016 RAM2500, 2018 Porsche Cayman
Interesting. I'm waiting for Cobb to release the AP before I really dig around but couldn't you just swap the actuator to the aftermarket turbo. Assuming there are tables that can be adjusted for it. Otherwise, its really not that hard to install a BCS.
Only if the aftermarket turbo has the same mounting, rod length etc. Otherwise it will need custom fabrication.
Sponsored