Loving my new Lariat Tremor & Modding it up already!

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
still no dampener but I did this last night....

(Caught him in the act trying to steal my truck!)

Stories • Instagram
Think the story expired, please share :) So much footage on these apps where people just get away with things rather than getting stopped.

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I’m brand new to ranger5g. Your Tremor looks great! I just bought a Cactus Grey Lariat Tremor myself. My first mod will be the FP tune, followed by a RedArc brake controller. I was a Taco man as well until I bought a camper and realized they don’t tow very well (payload was an issue). The biggest surprise I’ve had with the Ranger is how versatile the 2.3 EB is. It rips in stock form and if your nice to it you can get great fuel economy. I’m averaging 24.9 mpg in mixed driving after 800 miles. It’s shocking when you expect around 19. Hope it stays that way!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Think the story expired, please share :) So much footage on these apps where people just get away with things rather than getting stopped.

thanks for letting me know!......My IG account is wide open and I have a story gallery titled "TREMOR" with all my little posts........it's just a few fun clips showing my mods and some pics and my funny side!.....check it out!......Loving my Tremor and especially with the Ford Performance Tune!.....like a Ranger Raptor!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I’m brand new to ranger5g. Your Tremor looks great! I just bought a Cactus Grey Lariat Tremor myself. My first mod will be the FP tune, followed by a RedArc brake controller. I was a Taco man as well until I bought a camper and realized they don’t tow very well (payload was an issue). The biggest surprise I’ve had with the Ranger is how versatile the 2.3 EB is. It rips in stock form and if your nice to it you can get great fuel economy. I’m averaging 24.9 mpg in mixed driving after 800 miles. It’s shocking when you expect around 19. Hope it stays that way!

Thanks so much for the compliment and I'm totally loving my Tremor Ranger!!.....waaaaaaaaaaay better than the crappy Taco with the minivan 3.5L turd motor!!!.......get the FP tune!!......it just gets better with time!....I'm 1,500 miles on mine and the FP tune rocks and it's a little rocket........as close to a Ranger Raptor as we can get!.......I drive mostly city and lot of stop and go and I'm getting 15 mpg........but I drive it like I stole it!....LOL........and I disable the auto start/stop button and always have the A/C on.......I need to do a road trip and see what the highway mpg is like!

mre

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Hey all,

Brand new to the Ranger world after owning over 12 different Taco's........I've owned all 3 gens of the Tacos and loved the 1st gen for its size and the 2nd gen for its power and built proof engine.......but I couldn't live with the 3rd gen as the motor/tranny combo is horrible IMO!......after 6 months of driving a 2019 Taco TRD OR 4x4 I couldn't take it anymore (No low end power/torque) and sold it and bought a 2012 Taco TRD Sport 2wd........ anyway, after a year of driving the 2012 2wd Taco sport I thought it was time to test drive a Ranger......

I knew I wanted a Lariat because I HAD to have LED headlights and the pushbutton start......and of course this time I had to also have 4x4......not because I needed it or even use it that often but because I wanted it......just in case I want to crawl the mall....LOL

anyway, I saw a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor and knew it was for me.....it looked bada$$ and had the nice touches I wanted.......the stance, the bigger offroad tires that I didn't need to upgrade right away like on the Taco......loved the built-in aux switches.....keyless entry by just touching the door handle to unlock and lock.......push button start.......and of course it seemed just as capable off road as the Taco TRD PRO.......anyway 4 hours later I signed the papers and brought it home!

Yes I paid $1,000 over MSRP which I hate to admit but it was in stock and was exactly what I wanted and they gave me top $$$ for my 2012 Taco trade in.......and yes it was listed at $5k OVER msrp so I had to haggle to get it down to what I paid......and my interest rate through Ford is .9% for 4 years and my payment is exactly $500 a month........so yes I added cash in the down payment but overall I am happy with the transaction.

Here's my 1 month review and list of mods......LOVE the bada$$ look/feel/exclusiveness of the truck especially because it's a Lariat Tremor........drives great in everyday commuting........shocks are firm yet super easy to live with and give enough to feel the road.......the seats with the Tremor logo feel super comfy and the position is right.......drives great once you get past the slight turbo lag which I wasn't used to.....the interior feels nice and well thought out and like quality........and I'm real surprised why all the online reviews call the Ranger interior "old, dated and cheap plastic"??!!....It's just as nice as my previous 2019 Taco TRD OR.......even better actually because those seats were cloth and no power! The B&O stereo sounds awesome and the Navigation through my android phone app works great! I find the ambiant lighting pretty cool as well....give a nice touch to the interior at night.

Here's what I don't like but are NOT big issues.......no memory seats!....my son's 2006 Lexus has memory seats.......come on Ford!....I have to tape over the switches at the carwash so those guys don't move the seats even though I always tell them not too.......I hate that the recirculating button kicks off automatically......I don't like smelling exhaust from other cars or outdoor cigarette smoke......is there a work around for this??.......I wish the rear headrests folded down to allow better viewing out the rear window.....and more tie downs/cubby space in the bed would be good.......although I just haul around a folding ladder and brochures and samples as I'm a contractor and do mainly the sales and misc dropping off of materials to the jobsite. Overall this truck is far superior to the TACO hands down!!....I will NEVER buy a Taco again unless they change the stupid 3.5L motor and 6 speed trans as they are the worst for everyday driving..........I'm sure the Taco fan boys will argue this.......and no way to add more hp in the Taco! I more thing about the Ranger.....having to turn off the "auto start/stop" feature every time I start the truck is annoying but at least it has the manual override feature.

OK, here's my mod list:

1. spray in bedliner....did this on day 2 of owning it. Spray On Truck Bedliners (bedlinersplus.com)
2. bed mat......ordered a mat through RealTruck.com.......why doesn't Ford make an OEM mat??! 2021 Ford Ranger Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat | RealTruck
3. Folding Bed cover.....I had a Uncover Ultra Flex before and loved it!.....Called RealTruck.com and asked for a discount......it worked! 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck
4. 1" front level/lift spacer.......found this on here and it works/look fantastic! 1” Tremor level lift 2021-2022 (also fits all other 2019-22 Ford ranger models) (fordrangerlifts.com)
5. Red front tow hooks.......have to do it to match the grill..... Ranger 2019-2021 Red Pair of Tow Hooks ~ M18954RA (ford.com)
6. Ford Performance tune......This tune rocks and yes I can feel the difference!!......BUT......my mechanic installed it and I'm not sure he's ASE or Red Seal certified......does this mean my warranty is void??.....why does it HAVE to be installed by Ford or an ASE/Red Seal mechanic??!!....it's so easy anyone can do it and why would Ford void the warranty if I installed it?????....... Ranger 2019-2021 EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration ~ M9603REB (ford.com)
7. Off road LED lights.......come on, every off road truck needs LED lights even if it's just for looks!!...LOL......these are SUPER bright and fit like OEM and are easy to install! Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Lightbar Kit compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2021, SS6 White Driving : Automotive

There you have it......loving my new Tremor!!!....Opps, almost forgot........the gas tank seems small OR I drive like a madman and have to fill up all the time!!...LOL

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

20211109_194844_resized.jpg

20211127_192723_resized.jpg

What brand is you bed cover?

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
What brand is you bed cover?

I ordered the Undercover Ultra-Flex thru Realtruck.com...... 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck

I had the same cover on my previous 2019 Raptor and it works great for my needs.......looks sleek and matches the feel of the truck!.....call Realtruck and ask for a discount........that's what I did and they knocked $60 off the price.......and yes it's fairly easy to install.......just be patient with the rear brackets

20211027_102637.jpg

mre

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
What brand is your bed cover?

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
ok, so I've been hanging out on here for about a month or 2 since I got my tremor and of course I've already modded it up a little (see first post).......now thanks to all of you guys & gals, I've now ordered the engine cover because I have to keep up with the Lariats from 2019..... RGRENGCVRKIT - Performance Parts & Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

and of course it needs to sound as cool as it looks so I ordered the Borla S-type cat back exhaust... 19-22 Ranger Borla S-Type Single Side-Exit Cat-Back - Black Tip (stage3motorsports.com)

I blame each and every one of you for making me spend my $ on mods!!....LOL......can everyone pinch in a little?!!...LMAO!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ok, so I've been hanging out on here for about a month or 2 since I got my tremor and of course I've already modded it up a little (see first post).......now thanks to all of you guys & gals, I've now ordered the engine cover because I have to keep up with the Lariats from 2019..... RGRENGCVRKIT - Performance Parts & Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

and of course it needs to sound as cool as it looks so I ordered the Borla S-type cat back exhaust... 19-22 Ranger Borla S-Type Single Side-Exit Cat-Back - Black Tip (stage3motorsports.com)

I blame each and every one of you for making me spend my $ on mods!!....LOL......can everyone pinch in a little?!!...LMAO!!
That's what we do best, spend other people money. ?

Sorry we cant help. You were forewarned and yet you chose to come back. ?

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
That's what we do best, spend other people money. ?

Sorry we cant help. You were forewarned and yet you chose to come back. ?

Is there such a thing as "Ranger Mod addition counseling"??.......Hi my name is JackpotTremor and I'm an addict.....I spend all my $$$ modding away.....I forget to sleep cuz I'm too busy reading the forums and shopping online for great deals on crap I don't need.....will hypnosis work??!! :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is there such a thing as "Ranger Mod addition counseling"??.......Hi my name is JackpotTremor and I'm an addict.....I spend all my $$$ modding away.....I forget to sleep cuz I'm too busy reading the forums and shopping online for great deals on crap I don't need.....will hypnosis work??!! :crackup:
Sure hypnosis works great!?

Damper...Damper...Damper...Damper

Hypnosis2.jpg

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
It is quite easy to spend money on these trucks,with all the after market accessories.
I added the Raptor grill lights, tailgate letters, mud flaps, grill insert, Paint Protection Film on the hood ,grill,and bumper. I also did a ceramic coating. Used Avalon King. Have to stop for a little while ?

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
ok, time for an update.....because this truck is so bada$$ and I know I'll keep it for a long time, I decided to buy the extended warranty through Flood Ford......this was based on reading the sad story about the trouble @Tracy Bowman had to go through with her a/c unit I believe. So sorry you had to fork out that kinda $$$ on a repair! Anyway, I got the 6 year or 125,000 warranty with a $200 deductible and I included the LED lights option as well........the piece is mind is well worth if for me!

so, here's what I've been doing for the latest mods....... I bought the foam engine cover just because I read about here and felt "left out"!....LOL.....I think I mentioned it before but here's the link and attached is a photo.
RGRENGCVRKIT - Performance Parts & Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

After installing the Borla S-type cat back exhaust I noticed a very loud and annoying "whistling" sound at wide open throttle......I never could figure out why it was doing that so I had my mechanic yank it off and I gave it to him to sell and bought the
MBRP Black-Series 3" Single-Exit Aluminized Cat-Back Exhaust Kit S5227BLK
19-22 Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost MBRP Black 3" Single-Exit Cat-Back - Aluminized (stage3motorsports.com)

this exhaust sounds awesome! nice throaty sound at start-up and a very nice growl without being too loud or obnoxious. This exhaust is perfect for the Ranger and looks great on my Ranger Lariat Tremor!...between the Ford Performance tune and the new exhaust the truck seems to have more HP and definitely is very "peppy" and a blast to drive!...I HIGHLY recommend it and DO NOT get the POS Borla exhaust!!

the latest thing I have done was order the folding headrests for the rear seat. The existing headrests DO NOT fold and they block most of the rear window. I ordered just the actual headrest and it comes WITHOUT the cover and costs around $100 each depending on where you buy them.

(Right) Headrest, Outer - Ford (FU5Z-78611A08-AC)
(Left) Headrest, Outer - Ford (FU5Z-78611A09-AC)

I re-used the existing headrest covers which fit VERY tight and DO NOT have the cut out for the side "push button" that you use to fold the headrest down. I actually like not having the exposed button as it looks "cleaner" with the button hidden. It still functions exactly as designed without the button cut out of the cover! and the replacements covers cost around $125 each and there's no need to buy them as my existing headrest covers fit and match my interior. THESE ARE A GAME CHANGER for me as I can see so much better out the rear window.

lastly, I did my first oil change at around 2,500 miles and I had my mechanic use
Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
I drive my truck like I stole it so I want it to last and why not use the best oil?!! I'm at 5,000 miles now so I'll have a tire rotation done soon......I almost forgot.....I also changed out the lugnuts that are prone to failure with new black ones that match my wheels better.
Amazon.com: DPAccessories LCB3B6HE-BK04024 24 Black 12x1.5 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 19mm Hex : Automotive
Amazon says these do not fit my 2021 Ford Ranger but they're wrong and they FIT PERFECT!

so yes, I love my Ranger and I'm so glad I got it when I did and love driving it everyday!!

STILL NO TAILGATE DAMPENER but I do have the hood struts (from the factory).....I'm resisting the pressure from @AzScorpion ......my forearms and biceps are growing huge from lifting the heavy tailgate everyday so that's a plus!! :crackup::muscle:

20220305_085331_resized.jpg

20220305_085449_resized.jpg

20220305_085700_resized.jpg

20220305_085757_resized.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: