First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Most people removing their drop-in liner find a scraped and rusty mess, but good luck.
Who are Most People?......I have owned trucks since the 70's & when you drop in a liner and Cap the Bed....NO RUST....My beds are NEW after ten winters in northern Ohio. I take very good care of my Vehicles.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Who are Most People?......I have owned trucks since the 70's & when you drop in a liner and Cap the Bed....NO RUST....My beds are NEW after ten winters in northern Ohio. I take very good care of my Vehicles.
I use to take my bed liners out of my F 150's and use them in the next one and all were perfectly fine too. I think with the new trucks the paint is so thin that it scratches through the paint easier with the drop in liners.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had to splurge for the linex "+UV protection". This truck is in the sun all day every day, shovel dirt and debris directly in and out of the bed and haul dirtbikes... sprayed Jun 2019...

IMG_1259.jpg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My door handles are real dull. Coated with 303, looked great for a few days. I’ll try Wipe New. My other car’s windshield cowl was always dull and ugly looking. The Ranger has less of a surface.
Check out Wipe New on YouTube. I use them for my plastic shutters little bit goes a long way last for about 3 years. It chemically does someone to the plastic to bring it the original finish.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I would guess most people are those who don't turn their truck into an SUV. :) Clearly a bed with a roof won't have the same issues with rust. (Though I personally also wouldn't bother with a bedliner in that case, to each his own.)

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Check out Wipe New on YouTube. I use them for my plastic shutters little bit goes a long way last for about 3 years. It chemically does someone to the plastic to bring it the original finish.
read some reviews that were not good. Very small bottle and expensive. Ended up using tire black foam. Looks great even after a few days. Most products fade when they dry.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
read some reviews that were not good. Very small bottle and expensive. Ended up using tire black foam. Looks great even after a few days. Most products fade when they dry.
Wipe new sounds too good to be true, but it really does work. I used it on the plastic on my old Ranger every 4 or 5 years and it made it look like new again. It lasts MUCH longer than other things as well. It would look like new for months and months and then slowly start to fade.

Victory Trike

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4X, 2013 Victory M/C Trike
I have a spray in bed liner from Inyati. It was done after I purchase the truck a year ago. I leave the truck outside all the time in the Arizona sun. To me the bed looks as good now as when first installed. My salesman had the bed done as part of my purchase agreement.

Zemog

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hello all, I had my 2019 Ranger sprayed with Line-X recently. The owner of the shop I used (Saint Peters, MO) clearly explained to me that since I planned to install a tonneau cover when budget allowed that I did not need to pay the extra cost for the UV protection. She also said that if I choose to NOT get the UV protection and didn't follow through with getting a cover, that it WOULD fade from sunlight.

It sounds like the shop dealt with in this post didn't explain things clear enough.

Since I have been working from home with the covid nonsense, my nice new Ranger has been having a pretty easy life spending most of the time in the garage (no issue with sunlight). However, I have saved up to get a cover....

Does anyone in this forum know the manufacturer Ford uses for their "Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Hard Folding" option? I'm considering which options to go with and want to do some comparison shopping since they seem to run in the ~$1000 range.

Victory Trike

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4X, 2013 Victory M/C Trike
I had a used F150 with a Ford cover. Not impressed. It would slide forward on the bed, brace screws work their way out, very easy to break into. I paid the extra and went with a roll type cover you could walk on. Very secure and could be locked at any position along the slide rail.
Check out the aftermarket stuff. Find someone that deals with aftermarket covers, nerf bars and that type.
Sponsored