Lightbar Install & Feeding Switch Through Firewall

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I've done a couple searches and see where some folks have run their cable through the steering boot but I've also seen that isn't really recommended. Is there another way to run the cables for the switch into the cabin from the engine compartment? That wire gromet under driver side appears to go nowhere and is VERY difficult to get through. The gromet in the passenger seat footwell is also a no-go

We may have to "punt" and run the cables between windshield and a-pillar but we wanted to find a way into the engine compartment from the cabin if possible, without running it through the door jam and into the front quarter panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

DFisher

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
I used a wire insertion tool thru the existing driver side firewall boot. It wasn't easy, but not too hard either. after pushing the tool thru the boot I passed a scrap wire thru it. Taped the wires I wanted to pull to it (carefully removed them from plug). Pulled it thru slowly as I pulled out the insertion tool (wired and ends were too big to fit thru the tool). Worked like a champ.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I used the wire tool too. I went through the grommet around the mail wire loom under the fusebox

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
There is a grommet under the passenger's side carpet in the floorboard. Much easier to work with, but you have to route the cables carefully. I punched a hole through it and then used some silicon sealer to seal it.

QrqJfV-oM6Tm6PFPdhNRYxNQ=w1146-h1528-no?authuser=0.jpg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
There is reportedly an easy access grommet behind the glove-box. You-tube for the glove-box dropping procedure, then straight back for the grommet.
Sponsored