First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 2wd XLT
Occupation
Manager
I installed a 2" Torch strut spacer. I went with 2" versus anything taller, because I do tow occasionally and I was able to maintain a very slight rake.
Ranger5.jpg
Ranger3.jpg
Ranger6.jpg
Ranger1.jpg
Hello! I got a stupid question for you! I order my Torch 3 in strut spacer for my Ranger. I had removed the right strut and couldn’t figure how it would fit back on the truck. When I attach the spacer on the strut then put back on the truck it won’t line up. Can I simply twist the hole assembly the the holes will match up? I need some thanks.
Sponsored

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
Hello! I got a stupid question for you! I order my Torch 3 in strut spacer for my Ranger. I had removed the right strut and couldn’t figure how it would fit back on the truck. When I attach the spacer on the strut then put back on the truck it won’t line up. Can I simply twist the hole assembly the the holes will match up? I need some thanks.
Yes, it is not in the instructions, but that is exactly what I had to do.

WAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
I talked to the guy at Traxda about the short threads. He says the threads aren't short, Ford put a weird tall nut with the bottom threads removed. His kit includes regular nuts with threads all the way through. If you're concerned, pull a nut off and take a look.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I talked to the guy at Traxda about the short threads. He says the threads aren't short, Ford put a weird tall nut with the bottom threads removed. His kit includes regular nuts with threads all the way through. If you're concerned, pull a nut off and take a look.
Traxda has excellent customer service. That said, our Honda Pilot is the same way with the nuts having a very long profile. I am guessing the manufacturers have long threads on struts and such for assembly line reasons and it just works out for the lift kit industry. As long as the thread is flush with the nut, nothing to worry about.

All of the photos I have seen in here are of zero concern to me but hey, I am just some dude on a forum.

WAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Yeah I have a different Ford with McPherson front struts and the three top bolts are almost impossible to get to. Those trick nuts self-start even if you can barely get them in there.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
I’m thinking about doing a lift/leveling kit if my Tremor ever arrives. There are a lot of options available. We’re starting to see a few guys that went with the Rough Country spacers. I’m anxious to hear everyone’s reviews. Installation has me curious too. Regardless of the kit, has anyone tried to remove the struts by lowering the lower control arms? It looks a lot easier and appears to remove the CV joint/ axle issue.
AutoSprings makes awesome spacers. Best on the market. I had them on my F150 and loved them. I am putting the 2.5" on the front of my Tremor ad they said they will make a 1" rear block. With the 1" in the rear and 2.5 in the front, I may still have a little forward rake but hope to fit 33".

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the 1” Traxx kit installed yesterday. Makes the Tremor perfectly level . Exact wheel well to ground height across all four tires. My initial thoughts: Noticeable improvement in look; Ball joint sitting fine; Ride is pretty much same. Pictures don’t really do the change justice but I find the truck looks much more rugged. Due to time had the stealer. Install it but they said it was straight forward no issues.

A1DE8D71-CEBE-427B-8D25-E0CDFDC8B6C8.jpeg

8C78A3C3-43E0-4226-B96E-6404EFD6E759.jpeg

32A81BA3-A04F-4E0F-80F6-68CEBB157B87.jpeg
I was looking at the 2" but it looks like based on your pictures it would create a negative rake? Anyone know if I did a 2" spacer up front and a 1" block in the rear if 33" or bigger would fit and clear? Great looking truck.

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Did anyone have any issues installing the Ranger Lift 1” kit? I finally had time to take my Tremor to my installer and the spacer wouldn’t sit flush with the top of the shock. They ended boring out the spacer bolt holes to allow it to sit flush with the top of the shock.

snstslns

First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey Ford Ranger Tremor Lariat Pkg
Did anyone have any issues installing the Ranger Lift 1” kit? I finally had time to take my Tremor to my installer and the spacer wouldn’t sit flush with the top of the shock. They ended boring out the spacer bolt holes to allow it to sit flush with the top of the shock.
Hey, I had the same lift done to mine and did not have this issue. At least not that I was made aware of. Installer said it was painless for them. Did you get the Readylift 1inch spacer?

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I thought I would take a chance and install some global (UK Wildtrack model) rear springs, they are multi leaf and are very different than the Tremor multi leaf, it only lowered the back 1/2 inch, (1 inch at the tailgate) I am going to try and compare the ride difference, so far the UK springs seem softer, it's hard to tell.
The UK springs are about a 1-2mm thinner and the lower leafs are much longer, it changed the rear driveshaft angle from 0.8 to 0.4 degrees.
I did remove the bottom shorter leaf.
I was really hoping it would lower the back more as I have a heavy ebike and a bad back.
Now I have to decide which pair I send out for de-arching, I think I will send the UK springs and keep the Tremors untouched.
These springs might also be a driveline vibration cure as the global Rangers don't seem to complain about vibration like the US models, dunno, mine does not vibrate.
Notice how long all the lower leafs are, it really would limit axle wrap up, but does it hurt suspension travel, I guess maybe yes.
Best I can tell the initial rate may be higher but further in the travel the rate seems softer, I base this on how the axle responded during being jacked up, at first the axle was low on the UK spring side during the first 4-5" of upward travel, then as it got to where the truck was about to come off the jackstands it was higher than the stock spring side, does any of this make sense?
Also notice how curved the bottom leaf is on the UK springs, the Tremor spring is the close one in the pic.
And in case anybody wants a set they are cheap https://www.ebay.com/itm/114729135896 the kicker is the global shipping program through ebay is so cheap, it was $28 USD for shipping each!!!!!! and they showed in a week!!!!

springs.jpg
Checking in to see how your experiment is going? Curious how it turns out.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
It has gone okay, certinally more work than the average leveling job, sent the global springs out for a 1.5" de-arch and the height is good now, I'm just fine tuning the driveline, no vibration, it's just that I have not delt with a CVJ before, but from what I understand it is treated just like a U joint as far as working angles.
The cost was not too bad, $300 for the springs and $135 for the De-arch, it only dropped the tailgate just over 3" but the next time I loaded the heavy pig ebike, I thought that it was a lot easier as the ramp is not super long.
This is not a great pic but it is level without touching the front end!! which is about 37" at all wheel well openings.
T1.jpg

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're going to go through the hassle of a leveling kit I would go with a replacement leveling strut like OME or a 5100, or a coilover like Fox or Eibach. I've done spacers on previous trucks and won't do it again. You get no real benefit other than the look whereas if you go with new suspension components you can get a better ride. It's basically the same amount of work either way but spacers are cheaper cost.
It would be silly to pay the extra money for a Tremor and replace the primary cost of the upgrade?? The Tremor has a Fox strut on it from the factory. Spacers will not affect the ride but will make the appearance better and give better tire clearance.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tremor already has an outstanding Fox suspension set up. If they’re not adjustable, and your looking for a little more level, I’d go with a quality spacer . I used the Rough Country 2.5” kit, and Im very happy with it.
077850CE-34E6-4B9B-99EE-69721ED2B883.jpeg
Agree with this statement!! But I am going to use AutoSpring spacers. Used them on my F150 with hard off roading and had zero issues. They are the same price as RC but beefier in my opinion.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was wondering about a leveling kit too. This video is from 2019 but it has me concerned before I just toss on any 2.5" level kit on a Tremor.

I plan on towing a 19ft travel trailer on weekends so I am waiting till I get some towing miles in. That said, 1.0-2.0" would probably be ideal for my planned use. I think the only level kit under 2.5" I saw was from Traxda. Anyone else see anything?
AutoSpring makes a great product. https://autospringkits.com/product-category/ford/
Sponsored