First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
Has anyone leveled a Tremor? I see people going back and forth but cant find one to purchase. Anyone out there have one installed?
Sponsored

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
The factory ride on and off road is great on my Tremor, even in the rough stuff. It handles great on road. No clunks, instability, or other issues.

I hope youre happy with the result of this cosmetic change in the long run.

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I bought this one a week or two ago after seeing how much people like Robby on this site. Just haven't installed it yet.

Ford Ranger Lifts - Ranger, Truck Accessories, Lifts, Ford Ranger
I agree! Robby is great. I’ve bought his kit for my 2019 Ranger and it was worked perfectly. I’ve now ordered the kit for the Tremor and its on its way to me. Members of this forum can get a discount, by reaching out to him. You won’t go wrong with his kit.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Has anyone leveled a Tremor? I see people going back and forth but cant find one to purchase. Anyone out there have one installed?
There is a thread about it already with 2-3 trucks that have been leveled in the last 2-3 pages. Give it a look. Reports are no change in ride quality and the look is spot on with a 1" kit.

Ny2Az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
@Robby887 just added a 2" Tremor level. I ordered and will take pics once installed, though it will look better with my bumper and winch installed.
wow... great, going with a 2" level kit ... l have been looking for one myself ... what brand 2" ... is this a special kit made for the Tremor pkg ... from what l read no manufacturer makes one for the Tremor pkg due to the already .8" higher ride height and at most recommend only a 1" level kit ... using a 2" level kit ... they feel would take the upper ball joint to its max limited and possibly stress the ball joint since using a 2" level with the already increased .8" would be like a 3" overall ...

update ... if l read it correctly from the manufacturer ... they're recommending the 2" level kit if you are adding the winch bumper and winch which is adding from 250-400 lbs... that l can see ... since adding the additional weight will bring the front end down at least an 1" ... lmk thx

Last edited:

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
wow... great, going with a 2" level kit ... l have been looking for one myself ... what brand 2" ... is this a special kit made for the Tremor pkg ... from what l read no manufacturer makes one for the Tremor pkg due to the already .8" higher ride height and at most recommend only a 1" level kit ... using a 2" level kit ... they feel would take the upper ball joint to its max limited and possibly stress the ball joint since using a 2" level with the already increased .8" would be like a 3" overall ...

update ... if l read it correctly from the manufacturer ... they're recommending the 2" level kit if you are adding the winch bumper and winch which is adding from 250-400 lbs... that l can see ... since adding the additional weight will bring the front end down at least an 1" ... lmk thx

Here you go:

2" Level Spacers for Tremor

I will give you some advice that will save you hours of headache. It may have been stated on the instructions that Robby sent me with the spacers, but I lost the page before installing, so I am not 100% sure.

Remove the CV axle from the wheel bearing prior to pulling down on the lower control arms to remove the strut.

I started on the driver's side and had to use so much force to get the strut clear of both control arms that I pulled my CV axle apart. I had never done anything with CV axles before, so I had to learn. The retaining clip that holds it together came out and was in the back of the CV joint. I had to remove all of the ball bearings from the CV joint to be able to flip it around and reinstall the retaining clip. I then put all the bearings back and packed with grease. Put everything back together, but that entire process, including the time I spent learning about the CV axle was about 6 hours.

I then did the passenger side, but removed the CV axle from the wheel bearing first. That side took 30, maybe 45 minutes. Nearly 7 hours spent for what shouldn't have taken more than 2 hours.

This was a Saturday night from about 6pm to 12-1am. Thankfully I had plenty of CV grease around, as well as a clamp for the boot, or I woulda been outta commission the next day. I used a worm drive hose clamp temporarily while I waited for the 98mm Oetiker clamp to arrive.

Since I don't have my aftermarket bumper installed yet, my Tremor does technically squat very slightly, just under 1/2". It should be much better once I get the bumper and winch installed.

OP
OP
Cpore55

Cpore55

First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
Here you go:

2" Level Spacers for Tremor

I will give you some advice that will save you hours of headache. It may have been stated on the instructions that Robby sent me with the spacers, but I lost the page before installing, so I am not 100% sure.

Remove the CV axle from the wheel bearing prior to pulling down on the lower control arms to remove the strut.

I started on the driver's side and had to use so much force to get the strut clear of both control arms that I pulled my CV axle apart. I had never done anything with CV axles before, so I had to learn. The retaining clip that holds it together came out and was in the back of the CV joint. I had to remove all of the ball bearings from the CV joint to be able to flip it around and reinstall the retaining clip. I then put all the bearings back and packed with grease. Put everything back together, but that entire process, including the time I spent learning about the CV axle was about 6 hours.

I then did the passenger side, but removed the CV axle from the wheel bearing first. That side took 30, maybe 45 minutes. Nearly 7 hours spent for what shouldn't have taken more than 2 hours.

This was a Saturday night from about 6pm to 12-1am. Thankfully I had plenty of CV grease around, as well as a clamp for the boot, or I woulda been outta commission the next day. I used a worm drive hose clamp temporarily while I waited for the 98mm Oetiker clamp to arrive.

Since I don't have my aftermarket bumper installed yet, my Tremor does technically squat very slightly, just under 1/2". It should be much better once I get the bumper and winch installed.
Do you have pictures of it with the 2” installed?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I like interaction with this community and rather not look it up but is the Tremor suspension the fox 2.0 or the FX4 suspension or it's own thing?

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I like interaction with this community and rather not look it up but is the Tremor suspension the fox 2.0 or the FX4 suspension or it's own thing?
It is more of a hybrid to the fox 2.0. It is an OEM 2.0 so the front are not threaded. There is a remote reservoir on the rear shocks too. So, not quite the normal 2.0 kit.
Sponsored