First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anybody had an issue with steering being to one side a tad after leveling kit install?
You have to get an alignment once it's leveled.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It was aligned. The whole steering wheel sticks out more on the left than the right.
Wow I've never heard of that before. I can see the wheel being crooked but not sticking out one side more than the other. I'd definitely bring it back to where they installed it and did the alignment.

OP
OP
EDSEL FX4

EDSEL FX4

First Name
JIMMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT FX4
Occupation
BMW PARTS DEPT
I went with the RC level kit. It's $100 and I had my local shop do the instal. It's been on about 2.5 years now and when I bring my truck in for an oil change they check everything and re-torque if necessary. It still has a little rake (about 3/8") but looks level by eye.

IMG_1493.jpg
It looks awesome, I think I will start with the Level kit (rough country) and see how it rides and how it is on the tires.

OP
OP
EDSEL FX4

EDSEL FX4

First Name
JIMMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT FX4
Occupation
BMW PARTS DEPT
Nice job on the tow hooks, only think I will point out is the first time you use them you will have to repaint. As for leveling I went with the Eibach Pro kit, very happy with them, but most of the kits out are better than the OEM suspension.
I am hoping not to need them, but if I do that's nothing 1 hour and a couple of beers couldn't fix.

OP
OP
EDSEL FX4

EDSEL FX4

First Name
JIMMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT FX4
Occupation
BMW PARTS DEPT
Nice job on the tow hooks, only think I will point out is the first time you use them you will have to repaint. As for leveling I went with the Eibach Pro kit, very happy with them, but most of the kits out are better than the OEM suspension.
Also thank you for your service !!

OP
OP
EDSEL FX4

EDSEL FX4

First Name
JIMMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT FX4
Occupation
BMW PARTS DEPT
I’m running the Pro Comp 2.25” leveling kit. I’ve had it on for five months now. I did swap out the stock crash bars for the Pro Comp high clearance crash bars and put 1.5” wheel spacers to clear the 285/70/17s. There is roughly a 3/4” rake but it does ride a little rougher. I have been debating on getting the Fox 2.0 shocks from ford to have it ride better.

B403826D-A731-40D8-BEE1-1A020C668F7B.jpeg
It looks awesome.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Along with Dave, I have the Rough Country 2.5 lift and added Fox shocks in the rear. I'm also running Bora 1" spacers all around. I am completely happy with the looks and the ride. It rides as smooth as stock without the porposing.

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

CFLRANGER

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Wow I've never heard of that before. I can see the wheel being crooked but not sticking out one side more than the other. I'd definitely bring it back to where they installed it and did the alignment.
I had someone else look at it to see if was just me. I think because of the 3in level I'm seeing it at a different angle so to speak and with the slight curve of the lower dash it is creating an optical illusion of sorts.

Dieseldean1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
First off I am new here, you can get a lot of knowledge about everything Ranger. My question is what do you all think is the best budget level kit. I just got a 19 Ranger FX4. I painted the tow hooks this past weekend and think they came out great. Now I want to level it. What kit do you like. Here are a couple of pics of the hooks..

20220220_172915.jpg

20220221_182158.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-182844_Gallery.jpg
I put the Ford tuned fox 2.0 leveling kit and the Ford performance tune on my 2020 sport. Love it.

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I went with the RC level kit. It's $100 and I had my local shop do the instal. It's been on about 2.5 years now and when I bring my truck in for an oil change they check everything and re-torque if necessary. It still has a little rake (about 3/8") but looks level by eye.

IMG_1493.jpg
Do you remember how much they charged for install and realignment?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do you remember how much they charged for install and realignment?
It was only $275 including the alignment but that was back in 2019. I had my local Brakes Plus do it because some of my friends who have Jeeps have had a lot of work done there and were happy with them.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the best budget kit is the Eibach ProTruck kit. You can get it with springs too, for extra lift up front. I went with the kit with the springs, and set it to its maximum lift of 3.75". I threw a set of AutoSpring add-a-leaf on the rear and it sits nice and came in at a very good price and seems plenty capable off road. But, you don't necessarily have to go as extreme. Also, the Eibach rear shocks really make the truck feel goof on the road.

In my opinion, the Eibach kit is the best value in a level. It comes in at a good price and is a better option than a spacer kit. Spacer kits get you the looks, but not necessarily the performance.
Sponsored