First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Probably the worst problems in a vehicle you can have is electrical; because if they can't replicate it, you are sh#t out of luck.

Engine start stop: On screen says that it is on and engine operating normally...come to a stop and it does not shut off and screen says charging system.

Radio will not shut off manually.

Wife said she came to a stop at an intersection and the rear camera came on.

Radio went to blue screen and had a msg hazardous conditions careful with a symbol of a truck

Can't access radio controls on screen.

Anybody?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Harleyfever

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
do a master reset of your sync, ensure its on the latest update, remove if from your wifi connection.
and have your battery tested.
Thanks for the reply; how do I reset the Sync; I have no idea how to. Thanks again.

OP
OP

Harleyfever

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
soft reset is the pwr button and fwd seek button at the same time for 5 seconds.
master reset you access in the syncs menu system
the sounds of yours, i would go right to the master reset. you'll have to re pair your phone etc.
Thanks will give it a try; fingers crossed.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
FYI if you master reset sync you'll have to re-associate your ford pass account to the truck.

OP
OP

Harleyfever

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to everyone that replied. I did a hard reset and it appeared as though things were getting worse. When I tried to connect to my wifi the screen froze and wouldn't shut off after I turned off the truck and closed the door; it was still on and couldn't turn off the radio. The radio did go off after I opened the door. I went back later the screen went back to normal and I was able to pair the phones and re sync ford pass. So everything seems normal again, only time will tell. Still need the battery check for the auto start/stop problem.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I 2nd the battery check - just because it's easy and free and maybe the running voltage being produced by the alternator. These new fancy cars with their canbus magic are hyper sensitive to to having enough juice. A low voltage situation causes the poltergeist to manifest.

Secondly - regarding the comment about getting the problem to be "reproduced" by the dealer - consider driving around with an interior camera so it can record the failure and you can easily playback the failure with the dealer (or higher up). They may accept the video evidence.

edit: spelling
Sponsored

Last edited: