First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
So initially I thought vinyl would be the way to go, but if you are game, a bezel around the HVAC controls, in the black interior with sunglasses on the controls are invisible.

A raised bezel, .125" thick, maybe less, maybe .200" wide around the temp and fan switches, with a small bump/dot at the - + on temp and the same for the fan, then I would spray it silver or something, or maybe leave it black.

Put the bump/dots above the temp switches and below the fan switch, the bezel will be thin and frail though.

Or maybe for simplicity just a single strip below with the six dots, that area is curved, only has a thin flat area, or get fancy and have the six dots above and the seven dots below.
I am always quickly reaching for the reticulation button when some jackass with the diesel that blows a cloud of black smoke from his tuned truck is in front of me:facepalm:

There may be members here that would be interested in one, or just maybe me, any second someone is going to chime in about just setting it to auto, or using voice commands instead of something like a bezel, I use both of those...... but not all the time.
485.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
So initially I thought vinyl would be the way to go, but if you are game, a bezel around the HVAC controls, in the black interior with sunglasses on the controls are invisible.

A raised bezel, .125" thick, maybe less, maybe .200" wide around the temp and fan switches, with a small bump/dot at the - + on temp and the same for the fan, then I would spray it silver or something, or maybe leave it black.

Put the bump/dots above the temp switches and below the fan switch, the bezel will be thin and frail though.

Or maybe for simplicity just a single strip below with the six dots, that area is curved, only has a thin flat area, or get fancy and have the six dots above and the seven dots below.
I am always quickly reaching for the reticulation button when some jackass with the diesel that blows a cloud of black smoke from his tuned truck is in front of me:facepalm:

There may be members here that would be interested in one, or just maybe me, any second someone is going to chime in about just setting it to auto, or using voice commands instead of something like a bezel, I use both of those...... but not all the time.
485.jpeg
I recognize the need for a solution, as I have the same struggles! I just don't like the idea of something stuck on there with tape, as its likely to fail in the heat of summer when interior temps can approach 170 degrees...but if you can think of another solution let me know and I'll keep the issue in the back of my mind as well!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Something similar to the Lightforce panel but that accepts standard switches

nger-fascia-with-custom-switches-square-format-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Something similar to the Lightforce panel but that accepts standard switches

nger-fascia-with-custom-switches-square-format-jpg.jpg
I would more inclined to make something along the lines of the STEDI panel, with room for 4 switches. What are we defining as a "standard switch"?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I would love some kind of taillight protection - not sure how they would be attached, but the taillights are so expensive, something that would provide a measure of brush protection would be really nice. I've never seen anything that fits the NA Rangers....

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
I would love some kind of taillight protection - not sure how they would be attached, but the taillights are so expensive, something that would provide a measure of brush protection would be really nice. I've never seen anything that fits the NA Rangers....
Thanks, I'll look into it!

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Can you do a smaller version of the Tremor emblem in the correct red color? I have one from an F150, but it’s just too big.
19E22C5A-C270-4EFB-828D-E8FA68CBE825.jpeg

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Can you do a smaller version of the Tremor emblem in the correct red color? I have one from an F150, but it’s just too big.
19E22C5A-C270-4EFB-828D-E8FA68CBE825.jpeg
I have a red filament coming thar I’m hoping matched Tremor Red but you never know until you see it in person. But yes, I could make the Tremor logo n just about any size. With the black outline and all. Only thing I can’t do is guarantee your attachment method. But this is something that is low investment to make, so if the red is a good match I’ll move it forward and let you know

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
I have a red filament coming thar I’m hoping matched Tremor Red but you never know until you see it in person. But yes, I could make the Tremor logo n just about any size. With the black outline and all. Only thing I can’t do is guarantee your attachment method. But this is something that is low investment to make, so if the red is a good match I’ll move it forward and let you know
Thanks! That would be nice- I took the stickers off the sides, and an emblem on the back ( not necessarily there) is a cleaner look. That one’s just too big. If you needed to copy it let me know.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Replace the center "Lariat" or "XLT" badge in the fender vent with one that reads "Tremor" would be cool.

Fender Vent.jpeg

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Replace the center "Lariat" or "XLT" badge in the fender vent with one that reads "Tremor" would be cool.

Fender Vent.jpeg
It's already in the works :). Don't want to expand further, but stay tuned

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT

Fender Vent.jpeg

Ok I just came up with a really good idea, can't wait to show it

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic

Fender Vent.jpeg
I just realised that the parts can come apart :eek: ohhhhh the possibilities!!!!!

OP
OP
KevinB

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
I just realised that the parts can come apart :eek: ohhhhh the possibilities!!!!!
Note that the Badge attaches to the vent with tabs that have melted plastic to hold it together...you'd have to figure out how to get it to re-attach after you break the tabs to take the badge off

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Note that the Badge attaches to the vent with tabs that have melted plastic to hold it together...you'd have to figure out how to get it to re-attach after you break the tabs to take the badge off
Nothing industrial hot glue can't fix ?
Sponsored