LEMON ALERT!! 2019 Ford Ranger is unreliable and dangerous, and Ford Canada does not care.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
i read your work orders, and to be honest, it sounds like the mechanics are troubleshooting and testing the system in a fair manner.
the problem is either there or it is not, and they need a verifiable problem to solve the issue. you'd be pretty selfish to think they should just start changing random expensive parts till they hit the bulls eye.
it sucks when you have intermittent problems, but thats the name of the game when you own a high tech mechanical machine. Toyota would do the same.

you had a signal / tail light issue....theres a recall on that.
you had a misfire, theres issues with them too
and you had a mystery limp mode...which sucks, but that happens from time to time. the truck has protections to prevent further damage, thats by design. how many times has that happened to you?

I really dont see a lemon here....I see a mass production truck, in its infancy in North America having a few issues.

if you're unhappy with it, get rid of it and get your Toyota, but please let us know your user name on the Toyota Forums, so we can keep tabs on your success with them.
Sounds good my dude! For sure I will! And I can see and understand your point of view. So I will not argue with it. As you do bring up valid points! ? Limp mode has occured so many times I have lost track. And I am 100% positive that you would have the same outlook and the happy go lucky attitude about your ranger if you were having the issues I am. Also I will let all of you guys know how it goes either way with the truck. Cheers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
When you say Ford Canada do you mean just the dealer or have you tried Ford Corporate? If you call/called corporate ask to speak directly to a supervisor as you should get more help from them. It's to bad there are so many bad dealerships out there and while the one you're working with is bad there could be a better one close by. Have you tried going to another dealer and talking with the manager there?

I had issues with my Tacoma (not as many as yours) and my original dealer was horrible but I found a dealer who at least tried to help me. Hope you can get this resolved because like @Floyd mines been flawless and nothing but a pleasure to own and drive!
The current dealership I am dealing with is probably the best one out of the lot. I have nothing negative to say about them, and really I don't have anything negative to say about the other dealers. I have spoken to ford corporate, and basically got a run around that they will make sure my truck gets fixed. That was for the intermittent limp mode that was stranding me everywhere. Once that was resolved the closed the ticket. They fixed one issue, but 4 others popped up. I have continued intermittent issues with this thing. Once a vehicle ditches you more than three times in winter, in the middle of nowhere in minus 30, you kind of lose faith in it. I really do appreciate your support, it's seems quite a few guys on this forum see to have the "f*ck you I'm okay" attitude. So it's nice to hear some positive words. Seriously thank you.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The current dealership I am dealing with is probably the best one out of the lot. I have nothing negative to say about them, and really I don't have anything negative to say about the other dealers. I have spoken to ford corporate, and basically got a run around that they will make sure my truck gets fixed. That was for the intermittent limp mode that was stranding me everywhere. Once that was resolved the closed the ticket. They fixed one issue, but 4 others popped up. I have continued intermittent issues with this thing. Once a vehicle ditches you more than three times in winter, in the middle of nowhere in minus 30, you kind of lose faith in it. I really do appreciate your support, it's seems quite a few guys on this forum see to have the "f*ck you I'm okay" attitude. So it's nice to hear some positive words. Seriously thank you.
You have more patience than I do. After 3 times of being stranded (never mind in the freezing cold) I would've torched the truck! ? IIRC there were some on here with issues somewhat similar and I thought it was in the wiring harness but by the service order it looks like one of them was replaced? At least you have a good dealer but that doesn't help when you're still having issues.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
You have more patience than I do. After 3 times of being stranded (never mind in the freezing cold) I would've torched the truck! ? IIRC there were some on here with issues somewhat similar and I thought it was in the wiring harness but by the service order it looks like one of them was replaced? At least you have a good dealer but that doesn't help when you're still having issues.
Yah one of them was. But now they have to replace another section of harness, plus find out where this fuel tank issue is coming from, and the camera issues now need to be fixed. Honestly like I said in my video. I love the ranger, just not this one lol. This truck has gremlins.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yah one of them was. But now they have to replace another section of harness, plus find out where this fuel tank issue is coming from, and the camera issues now need to be fixed. Honestly like I said in my video. I love the ranger, just not this one lol. This truck has gremlins.
Sounds like it needs an exorcism. :devil:

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I didn’t get a chance to watch your video, but from what you describe, it sounds like you have a lemon, which would be an anomaly. From what I have read on this forum, the Ranger appears to be very reliable and issues like you are describing are not common. Since you say that Canada has no lemon law, you are probably going to have to pay some money to get out of this mess. One option is certainly trade it in on a Chevy or Toyota. Another option, which may be a long shot, is ask Ford Canada if they can help getting you into a 2020 Ranger. Since there is no lemon law, they will not exchange your 2019 for a 2020. It never hurts to ask if there are some incentives that they may be able to offer you since you have so many documented issues. Have you talked to your Ford dealer about possibly trading it in on a 2020?

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
I didn’t get a chance to watch your video, but from what you describe, it sounds like you have a lemon, which would be an anomaly. From what I have read on this forum, the Ranger appears to be very reliable and issues like you are describing are not common. Since you say that Canada has no lemon law, you are probably going to have to pay some money to get out of this mess. One option is certainly trade it in on a Chevy or Toyota. Another option, which may be a long shot, is ask Ford Canada if they can help getting you into a 2020 Ranger. Since there is no lemon law, they will not exchange your 2019 for a 2020. It never hurts to ask if there are some incentives that they may be able to offer you since you have so many documented issues. Have you talked to your Ford dealer about possibly trading it in on a 2020?
I haven't talked about trading in yet, but I don't really want to be upside down in vehicles. And for sure mine is definitely the odd truck out and a one off it seems. And I think that's why I'm getting flak because it probably seems pretty unbelievable. I appreciate your input and support, Monday I'm going to talk to the head of the service department at the Ford dealer in Summerside and hopefully the owner as well. And I am waiting to hear back from CAMVAP. I really appreciate your support and positive words. Cheers!

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I haven't talked about trading in yet, but I don't really want to be upside down in vehicles. And for sure mine is definitely the odd truck out and a one off it seems. And I think that's why I'm getting flak because it probably seems pretty unbelievable. I appreciate your input and support, Monday I'm going to talk to the head of the service department at the Ford dealer in Summerside and hopefully the owner as well. And I am waiting to hear back from CAMVAP. I really appreciate your support and positive words. Cheers!
Good luck on Monday. Let us know how it goes.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Yes I see what you are saying with my title. I was referring to my vehicle in particular sorry for the confusion. I'm very glad that you have gotten 15 months of solid driving out of your ranger and that yours is safe. Mine is not. And the problem is with the company, by extension the dealerships are part of ford Canada. Also please look through some of the history of service records I posted to see if it is "debatable" wether I purchased a bunk truck or not. But hey, you aren't in my shoes with a 2019 truck that is not working the way a 2019 truck should. So Its easy for you to say I'm trolling or BSing or full of it. But hey it's the internet and you are totally aloud to have your opinion. But just for a few minutes put yourself in my shoes. Cheers.
I get it...
Not saying you are trolling, just saying that you are being easy on dealers who commonly do not pay for factory training sessions or even seminars for their mechanics, leaving them unprepared.
I'm sure the techs are doing what they can.
As a fleet mechanic I often found that I could not get the support I needed from dealers until the Service dept. flattened the curve on knowledge...more often through experience than training.
This is commonly why folks reject buying the first year of a new vehicle.
After a while the word gets around and the techs recognize a problem after everybody has seen it a few dozen times, with or without formal training.

Actually, excellence in quality and engineering can exacerbate the problem since the solutions to rare problems get around even slower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
I get it...
Not saying you are trolling, just saying that you are being easy on dealers who commonly do not pay for factory training sessions or even seminars for their mechanics, leaving them unprepared.
I'm sure the techs are doing what they can.
As a fleet mechanic I often found that I could not get the support I needed from dealers until the Service dept. flattened the curve on knowledge...more often through experience than training.
This commonly why folks reject buying the first year of a new vehicle.
After a while the word gets around and the techs recognize a problem after everybody has seen it a few dozen times, with or without formal training.

Actually, excellence in quality and engineering can exacerbate the problem since the solutions to rare problems get around even slower.
Thanks man. I appreciate the support. Sorry about earlier. I was just getting a little frustrated is all. I hope you can accept my apology. And your insights as a fleet mechanic are definitely valued. Cheers!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
They replace the throttle body yet? Ecoboost engines freak out if something is wrong with the throttle body and will light up the cluster like a christmas tree.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Yeah one break down is way too many for me. I would have probably just quit making payment then take a dump in the seat and abandon it in corporate's parking lot. Go get you a new vehicle friend
??? You got a laugh out me. Cheers dude.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Yeah one break down is way too many for me. I would have probably just quit making payment then take a dump in the seat and abandon it in corporate's parking lot. Go get you a new vehicle friend
I'd take it to a field, shit in it then set it on fire and report it stolen.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Looks like one dealer put 5w-20 oil in your truck too, unless the Canadian ones are spec'd different than US rangers
Sponsored