Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Our first curtain climber arrives in October ? Putting the passenger seat on the dash to get a rear-facing infant seat in is a no-go. Besides, the center is safer in a T-bone situation. I was surprised to find that the center position doesn’t have any LATCH anchors. Fortunately, the support bar that runs behind the seat makes things easy to attach to. I used a 32mm shaft collar, a 1/4x1” U-bolt, and a bit of stock that was laying around.

F28B2E90-26B3-45FC-A86D-FDCB3012B52F.jpeg

F7F46736-F19C-4BAB-B246-9840CE11C7F9.jpeg

B78F71A4-E70B-498C-864D-B90438F37348.jpeg

491DAD1A-0216-4DC7-BD22-42B8B9A0EAC3.jpeg

245952DA-50CE-4950-BB43-1E804FD964D1.jpeg

D7CD17B0-8805-4A85-ACD2-526F176EF024.jpeg
Sponsored

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Looks good but be prepared for Nurse Ratched shoot your dyi mounts down. They do a car seat check at the hospital and I had mine mounted in the center of our escape. No go. Got the your an idiot and your kids doomed speech. Left me in a freezing parking garage and went and told
My wife I was an idiot.

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Looks good but be prepared for Nurse Ratched shoot your dyi mounts down. They do a car seat check at the hospital and I had mine mounted in the center of our escape. No go. Got the your an idiot and your kids doomed speech. Left me in a freezing parking garage and went and told
My wife I was an idiot.
A nurse went out to your car and inspected YOUR vehicle? You gotta be shitting me. I would have told her to f#&k off.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
A nurse went out to your car and inspected YOUR vehicle? You gotta be shitting me. I would have told her to f#&k off.
No inspecty no kid leaving hospital.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Yeah. That's the kind of crap you get in some of these nanny states. Nurse Ratched walks you out to the car and checks your setup. If she doesn't like it, you don't take your kid home. While well intentioned, I pity the foo that tells me I can't take my baby home because she doesn't like what I've done with the place.

That said, OP is in Missouri where I doubt they have these type of laws.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Per the manual, you can use one anchor from each side.

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife I was an idiot.
Did she reject it because it was in the center, or because it was borrowing the side seat’s anchors? I know a handful of nurses (my wife is one) and I don’t think any of them would be sharp enough to catch that my brackets aren’t factory.

Our other ride is an Escape too, so depending on which car we end up at the hospital in, I may have the same problem as you.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Did she reject it because it was in the center, or because it was borrowing the side seat’s anchors? I know a handful of nurses (my wife is one) and I don’t think any of them would be sharp enough to catch that my brackets aren’t factory.

Our other ride is an Escape too, so depending on which car we end up at the hospital in, I may have the same problem as you.
Followed wifes direction to put car seat in center. Used inside latch mounts for both back seats. Bitchy postpartum nurse who treated me like crap the entire time my wife was in hospital had to come look at it. Then proceeded to tell me i was pretty much an idiot. Just kept my mouth shut and nodded. Another nurse told me if the seat isn’t checked they are liable if you pull away and get in a wreck. So Nurse Ratched has had special training by State Troopers to inspect car seats. She even looked at the tag on the car seat to see if it was up to current specs And not on a recall list.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Followed wifes direction to put car seat in center. Used inside latch mounts for both back seats. Bitchy postpartum nurse who treated me like crap the entire time my wife was in hospital had to come look at it. Then proceeded to tell me i was pretty much an idiot. Just kept my mouth shut and nodded. Another nurse told me if the seat isn’t checked they are liable if you pull away and get in a wreck. So Nurse Ratched has had special training by State Troopers to inspect car seats. She even looked at the tag on the car seat to see if it was up to current specs And not on a recall list.
Did you point out that the manual says it's ok?

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Did you point out that the manual says it's ok?
After getting yelled at for a week I just nodded and didn’t say anything. Wife was breast feeding in hospital and Nurse Ratched thought for some reason I had to getup also (had fancy room with pull down bed) I was tired and made a comment with alot of adjectives that started with F. Didn’t go well after that.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After getting yelled at for a week I just nodded and didn’t say anything. Wife was breast feeding in hospital and Nurse Ratched thought for some reason I had to getup also (had fancy room with pull down bed) I was tired and made a comment with alot of adjectives that started with F. Didn’t go well after that.
I totally get that sometimes it's easier to smile and nod

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about your trouble @rltriumph I was able to confirm today that we don’t have an in-car inspection here in MO. I think we have to bring a car seat inside to prove that we at least own one, and maybe watch a video or something. Anyway for me it would have been a smile-and-nod situation too.

The seat fits really nicely between the two front seats. I didn’t have to move either from our normal positions.

4383A14D-8137-4ABE-8387-5843CD334FBA.jpeg

49C22ABA-6CBB-4B93-98B1-95E9E4C946D3.jpeg

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I do without issue.
I couldn’t get my belts to reach out to the outer seats. If I could have, I wouldn’t have messed with the new anchors. We are doing this in our Escape though. I always felt like the two cabins were nearly the same size, but this exercise proved that the Ranger is quite a bit wider.

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Shameless opportunity to share a photo of the world’s cutest baby ☺ (the anchors are working great)

73D2E2A1-3DF7-447B-B580-A90A2F3A7DCD.jpeg
Sponsored