what is this clip in the center console box for?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I am surprised it took 3 pages for this solution to be posted. This forum is slacking.
ok I have to ask, and I did install the damper (NOT MY FORST MOD), what’s the damper story? I see it happen everywhere! Is it a case of it should be factory installed or am i missing something? I’m missing something... well lots but that’s my issue

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ok I have to ask, and I did install the damper (NOT MY FORST MOD), what’s the damper story? I see it happen everywhere! Is it a case of it should be factory installed or am i missing something? I’m missing something... well lots but that’s my issue
It's been a running joke since it first came out and took off from there. ?

Some think it's unnecessary because the tailgate is so light. I like it for the convenience of just lifting the latch when my hands are full and not letting the tailgate slam down. It's like crank up windows, sure I can roll them down by hand but why would I when I can have power windows? There's only one caveat to the damper....This is your destiny! o_O

Skinny Arms.png

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
It's been a running joke since it first came out and took off from there. ?

Some think it's unnecessary because the tailgate is so light. I like it for the convenience of just lifting the latch when my hands are full and not letting the tailgate slam down. It's like crank up windows, sure I can roll them down by hand but why would I when I can have power windows? There's only one caveat to the damper....This is your destiny! o_O

Skinny Arms.png
i installed mine so when the kids open the tailgate it doesn’t just drop, it may be light but to kids it weighs more then their ipad so they can’t handle it.
Thanks for the update!

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
Hey, this time he asked! ?
Lol too much fun. Maybe I should install a second damper on the other side and start a new thread.... or install that thing Ford has on my girlfriends escape where you kick the rear bumper and it opens/closes the tailgate for me..... that’s get us going

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lol too much fun. Maybe I should install a second damper on the other side and start a new thread.... or install that thing Ford has on my girlfriends escape where you kick the rear bumper and it opens/closes the tailgate for me..... that’s get us going
Now the auto drop tailgate would be a sweet option but adding a second damper would really slow the tailgate down. I think someone tried it but he withered away into a pile of dust and was never to be seen again. ?

Poof.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
i installed mine so when the kids open the tailgate it doesn’t just drop, it may be light but to kids it weighs more then their ipad so they can’t handle it.
my 9 year old had no trouble with it...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
What do you call someone without a beard? A woman.

What do you call someone with a damper? A woman.
What do you call someone who whines about people with tailgate dampers? Al (@Texasota );)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have a damper, and like it. There are reports of it causing the support cable to pinch. There is a 'mod' which is simply wrapping Velcro around the cable so it doesn't fall between the damper and gate. You can train the cable to fold inside the damper and mine does that. Some don't, so they need a 'mod'. There is also the issue that the lower bracket for the damper has a sharp edge that catches the cable. One guy used tape to protect that sharp edge. I'm going to try silicone sealant to soften that edge. I will report back.

In short. Haters gonna hate.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
This is what I look forward to at the end of a rough day at work. You guys crack me up. Talk about entertainment! :LOL:
Talk about kicking the nest.
I have a damper, and like it. There are reports of it causing the support cable to pinch. There is a 'mod' which is simply wrapping Velcro around the cable so it doesn't fall between the damper and gate. You can train the cable to fold inside the damper and mine does that. Some don't, so they need a 'mod'. There is also the issue that the lower bracket for the damper has a sharp edge that catches the cable. One guy used tape to protect that sharp edge. I'm going to try silicone sealant to soften that edge. I will report back.

In short. Haters gonna hate.
such a divisive topic.... I trained my cable in like 5 lifts.... no shape edges as I used a file to fix that.
Sponsored