First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If the window(glass) was literally broken I'd probably have no option but to go that route...but I can make do for now as it still closes and seals somewhat. Luckily the window isn't like my old '93 Chev K2500 where a human can squeeze inside the open slider....this little one doesn't make much room to access anything anyways.

Being a supercab I love be able to reach back with my hand to open the window....if it was a crew cab...solid rear panel no questions asked for sure!

You could try something like this as a temp fix to lock the window. Just cut off the tab on the back and paint it black and replace the thumb screw with an Allen key screw or something.

prime-line-window-locks-latches-u-9802-64_600.jpg
Sponsored

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
When mine was in for a leak repair, it took Ford just over month to get the replacement glass (with slider) to the dealer. This is also with an open case with Ford customer care on the matter only to have the tint guy snap off one the defroster tabs during install. So the dealer had to order a new window and have been waiting for three weeks now for the second replacement to come in to get the defrost working. I inquired to the dealer about going with a non-slider window instead when they had it for the leak fix and they said that Ford refused and would not allow the non-slider window to be installed on a vehicle originally equipped with the slider under warranty that it would cause a conflict with the VIN configuration. The dealer also stated that even if Ford would allow the non-slider glass to be installed it wouldn't help since they are also on back order.

Makes sense.....Im not surprised they wouldn't concede swapping oem options .....I can't imagine busting the glass and not having use of the truck for weeks or months due to part back log.

I don't regret slider vs fixed...I'm a little disappointed that the Ranger never came with a power option...even the new Maverick has a power slider window...granted globally I guess the Ranger really isn't new.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could try something like this as a temp fix to lock the window. Just cut off the tab on the back and paint it black and replace the thumb screw with an Allen key screw or something.

prime-line-window-locks-latches-u-9802-64_600.jpg
Nice..nice I was thinking about some sort of magnetic option...but again they would be fastened to plastic (as the base) so it still would be touchy at best

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I would 100% two-part epoxy that part back in its original position. It does not move, only provides a stationary latch point. The screws were for factory installation but a good epoxy would be just as good. At least till the part/window arrives..
Ditto.
JB Weld marine epoxy has been a go-to for me.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Makes sense.....Im not surprised they wouldn't concede swapping oem options .....I can't imagine busting the glass and not having use of the truck for weeks or months due to part back log.

I don't regret slider vs fixed...I'm a little disappointed that the Ranger never came with a power option...even the new Maverick has a power slider window...granted globally I guess the Ranger really isn't new.
There's a few things on the Ranger that just doesn't make sense as to why they did it the way they did. The non power slider on the SCrew for example.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would 100% two-part epoxy that part back in its original position. It does not move, only provides a stationary latch point. The screws were for factory installation but a good epoxy would be just as good. At least till the part/window arrives..

This definitely the most likely option for the next time out of warranty. As another member mentioned...they had good success with JB weld marine epoxy.

Your right, the part will literally line back up from where it fell off from.

The screws are definitely weak sauce..or at least after time they became so....mostly I thought maybe I was too rammy closing the window but I barely moved it to closed position.

Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored