Lariat Owners who have Upgraded from Stock LED Fog Lights -- Thoughts?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I'll be upgrading my LED fogs to the Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog kit in the next few months (currently flip flopping on clear or amber lenses). Had their Squadron Sports with the wide lens in my Focus ST fogs and they were amazing. Currently I've got them mounted in the a-pillar spot (cuz there was no way i was trading in my focus without taking those off), and they are a lot more powerful and evenly distributed than the factory lighting. I expect the SAE Fog's to not be quite as extreme being fully street legal, but i already know they'll be worth the expense.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'll be upgrading my LED fogs to the Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog kit in the next few months (currently flip flopping on clear or amber lenses). Had their Squadron Sports with the wide lens in my Focus ST fogs and they were amazing. Currently I've got them mounted in the a-pillar spot (cuz there was no way i was trading in my focus without taking those off), and they are a lot more powerful and evenly distributed than the factory lighting. I expect the SAE Fog's to not be quite as extreme being fully street legal, but i already know they'll be worth the expense.
Totally agreed by my experience with Squadron Pros in my FiST.

The Lariat LED driving lights are garbage. Baja Designs will be installed in my Ranger soon.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
They offer different beam patterns depending on the Primary Optic.

Image 1501.png

Image 1502.png
There are no choices with the SS3 Max due to their intensity. The SS3 Max are different than the rest and expensive! Lol.

Jdigs88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I upgraded to the Diode Dynamic SS3 Max White. I was trying to get more light off to the sides of the road and the SS3 Max while incredible expensive absolutely accomplished what I was looking for. The are, to be honest, insanely bright over the stock LED and really light up the sides of the road.

Zero issues and zero regrets!

The bad part........horrible to take out the stock ones and install these.

I know this thread was from a while ago but I want to install the yellow SS3 LED Fog Light from Diode dynamics. I also have a lariat. Did you have any problem with the lariat fog lights? Are they different from the xlt fogs as far as instillation is concerned?

What did you have to take off to do the install? that part seems a little confusing? Just the wheel well shroud?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2019-2021-ford-ranger.html

this is the one I'm looking at.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
There are no choices with the SS3 Max due to their intensity. The SS3 Max are different than the rest and expensive! Lol.
According to DD's site you are incorrect sir.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I installed mine and used a friends vehicle lift. Very easy and did not have to take off the wheels. I installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO Yellow and absolutely love them. They are supposedly DOT compliant but are sure bright mothers.

Jdigs88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I installed mine and used a friends vehicle lift. Very easy and did not have to take off the wheels. I installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO Yellow and absolutely love them. They are supposedly DOT compliant but are sure bright mothers.
did you have to take off the wheel well shroud or did you just reach up into the bumper to do all the work? Yes, the pro yellow is the one i want as well.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I know this thread was from a while ago but I want to install the yellow SS3 LED Fog Light from Diode dynamics. I also have a lariat. Did you have any problem with the lariat fog lights? Are they different from the xlt fogs as far as instillation is concerned?

What did you have to take off to do the install? that part seems a little confusing? Just the wheel well shroud?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2019-2021-ford-ranger.html

this is the one I'm looking at.
If I remember correctly I only took off the skid plate. It is just a VERY tight fit for your hands and tools. My hands and arm looked like I got into a fight with a pack of wild cats! LOL

Summerwind

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Larait 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I just installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs yesterday on a 2019 Ranger Larait. These replaced the factory floods. Not a huge problem. There are three bolts for the front air dam and two push pins for a cover above the air dam. Once these are removed the skid plate needs to be removed. There is good access to the floods. Remove four bolts holding the OEM flood and use those same bolts to install the Diode Dynamics SS3 floods. It's plug and play. Line up the beams and reinstall. Time was about 1.5 hours.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I don't have the good skid plate on my Lariat so I didn't have to remove that. Just the push pins and a few bolts. The light bolts up to or from a main bracket. It's so much easier on a lift. I did this a while ago. Brain fade.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
When I purchased the SS3 Max last October the only choice was "white SAE/DOT Fog".
I don't know. But their site lists 4 or 5 different beam patterns just like other light manufacturers.

As an aside Baja Designs sells interchangeable lenses for beam pattern/color. So you can buy one set of pods and for roughly $15 switch the beam pattern/color at will.

Summerwind

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Larait 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I don't know. But their site lists 4 or 5 different beam patterns just like other light manufacturers.

As an aside Baja Designs sells interchangeable lenses for beam pattern/color. So you can buy one set of pods and for roughly $15 switch the beam pattern/color at will.
Sponsored