Who Has Replaced Their Stock Fog Lights?

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
I don't find it annoying, especially after some Forscan mods, but I can see how some could. Also, they're quite bright, certainly brighter than the stock fogs and the stock halogen low beams (though that's not too hard). I have no complaints with them.

Did you check into the brand @charwest got? I think their's were brighter than the ones I got. They commented later in that thread about them. Seem like they'd be a better setup than the ones I got. Brighter and default to white.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dual-led-fog-lights.4230/page-2#post-175570

is that thread.

hard to compare apples to apples, but they seem bright to me. i dont know if anyone has compared various models to each other. i generally distrust the lumens stats on these imported electronics.
Sponsored

ajohnson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey, Andrew, thanks for sharing your experience. I would want the fog lights to be really bright (as long as they stay legal, that is), so no problem for me. I think that you must be one of the first members to get that package. What do you think of it overall? Your truck looks great, and the wheels in particular!
My end goal is to build my Ranger into an overloading rig to find remote camping spots. I was originally going to go with RMT overland, but their company rep was the most unhelpful person. Did not feel comfortable buying from them. So I went with FP so I could get parts under warranty and I was able to include it all in financing.

Here's my take:
  • Fox ā€œTuned by Ford Performanceā€ Leveling Off-Road Suspension Kit
    • Wish they had remote reservoirs, but no real complaints. Only have test drives to compare with stock suspension. Truck looks way better leveled.
  • Ford Performance Dyno Gray Wheel 17ā€ x 8.5ā€
    • I really like the way these look
  • BF Goodrich K02 Allā€Terrain T/AĀ® 265/70R17 Tires
    • Great all around tires. Perfect for where I live. They are 3PMSF rated, no road noise, handle everything except mud well (from what I've read). Wish they were more of 33"
  • Ford Performance Windshield Banner
    • I like how it's gray and not super noticeable, but overall could care less.
  • Ford Performance Bedside Graphic
    • Could care less
  • Ford Performance License Plate Frame
    • Still in the box
  • Blue Tow Hooks
    • I like how the blue looks with it being a Ford. Prefer them over the red
  • Ranger Performance Calibration
    • Truck shifts way better, do not feel as much turbo-lag when going to pass on the highway. Does require 91 fuel, which hurts a little more at the pump.
  • RIGIDĀ® Off-Road Fog Light Kit
    • They're bright. Added amber covers I bought off amazon.

My biggest gripe is the package does not come with full size spare tire, like the 2021 tremor package.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My end goal is to build my Ranger into an overloading rig to find remote camping spots. I was originally going to go with RMT overland, but their company rep was the most unhelpful person. Did not feel comfortable buying from them. So I went with FP so I could get parts under warranty and I was able to include it all in financing.

Here's my take:
  • Fox ā€œTuned by Ford Performanceā€ Leveling Off-Road Suspension Kit
    • Wish they had remote reservoirs, but no real complaints. Only have test drives to compare with stock suspension. Truck looks way better leveled.
  • Ford Performance Dyno Gray Wheel 17ā€ x 8.5ā€
    • I really like the way these look
  • BF Goodrich K02 Allā€Terrain T/AĀ® 265/70R17 Tires
    • Great all around tires. Perfect for where I live. They are 3PMSF rated, no road noise, handle everything except mud well (from what I've read). Wish they were more of 33"
  • Ford Performance Windshield Banner
    • I like how it's gray and not super noticeable, but overall could care less.
  • Ford Performance Bedside Graphic
    • Could care less
  • Ford Performance License Plate Frame
    • Still in the box
  • Blue Tow Hooks
    • I like how the blue looks with it being a Ford. Prefer them over the red
  • Ranger Performance Calibration
    • Truck shifts way better, do not feel as much turbo-lag when going to pass on the highway. Does require 91 fuel, which hurts a little more at the pump.
  • RIGIDĀ® Off-Road Fog Light Kit
    • They're bright. Added amber covers I bought off amazon.

My biggest gripe is the package does not come with full size spare tire, like the 2021 tremor package.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM.
Andrew, thanks for the helpful review. This sounds like the rig for me when the time comes to trade up. (I will probably put the License Plate Frame on--and take the decals off!)

Reactions: EJH

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I went the route of changing out the complete housing to the DIODE DYNAMIC PROs in Yellow. Install wasn't too tough, but not as simple as the STAGE 3 video if you have your crash bars still in place. I posted a thread of my lights if you search under my name. I can highly recommend these.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I got the level II on my new ranger. I put the package when I bought the truck so my only comparison is from test drives I have done. The fog lights are bright. I bought some amber covers that clip right onto of the lights (~$25 on amazon).
EBAD253E-98FE-4813-94A6-9021BF2DC4A3.JPG
nice truck, do you happen to have pics of the amber lens covers, a link to the exact one that you bought and how are they holding up? Carwash issues?

ajohnson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, thanks for all the information and images. I just ordered the RIGIDĀ® Off-Road Fog Light Kit from Levittown, along with a few items. Will post with the results....

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I have the DD SS3 Max White and they are incredibly bright and really light up the sides of the road! The bad part...I have them aimed correctly but I am still getting flashed by every 5-6th car. They just appear very bright even if they aren't aimed in the oncoming drivers faces.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Probably most of what you guys are doing is overkill for me.
Has anyone upgraded their XLT fogs with Lariats? Not sure if this is even possible.
I am mainly looking for whiter light.
Sponsored