Who Has Replaced Their Stock Fog Lights?

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
I’m headed on a couple ski trips with 10-14 hours of driving each direction and I’m gonna need better fog lights for the snow and night.
I’m interested to hear about people’s fog light replacement experience!
Which brand did you use? How was the install? Thoughts on performance?
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Diode Dynamic's fog...excellent broadcast and beam but need to use 1/8th spacer on top bolts in order to properly aim down far enough to be useful...but then I'm known for excess is best philosophy lol...<<<avatar...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

I changed to these, needed to have biografted hands regrown as replacements for the shredded and tattered remains of mine :)LOL: ) j/k. Take your time, little harder than easy peasy and my eyes like the yellow better (YRMV).

OP
OP
SPEEDBUILT

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

I changed to these, needed to have biografted hands regrown as replacements for the shredded and tattered remains of mine :)LOL: ) j/k. Take your time, little harder than easy peasy and my eyes like the yellow better (YRMV).
I will definitely be going with a 3000-5000k spectrum- gotta see through all those flakes! First trip is to Utah, from Sacramento. Second one is to Jackson Hole and then Bridger Bowl and Big Sky.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I installed diode dynamics and am happy with them. The biggest pain with installing new fog lights (any brand) is just access to the fog lights. Off set wrenches made working around the crash bar easier

Aleut dude

First Name
Agafangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2wd Ranger XL
Occupation
Warehouseman
My XL didn't come with fogs. I fitted Morimoto XB type S LED fog lights.
20201025_122559.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if anyone has tried the "Rigid off-road fog light kit" that comes with the Level II Ford Performance upgrade packages on the newer Rangers? I like the other features that come with that package and am considering it for my next Ranger, and if these are any good, that would pretty much close the deal....

OP
OP
SPEEDBUILT

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
I wonder if anyone has tried the "Rigid off-road fog light kit" that comes with the Level II Ford Performance upgrade packages on the newer Rangers? I like the other features that come with that package and am considering it for my next Ranger, and if these are any good, that would pretty much close the deal....
I can’t find it in a yellow/amber spectrum and it’s too expensive!

ajohnson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I got the level II on my new ranger. I put the package when I bought the truck so my only comparison is from test drives I have done. The fog lights are bright. I bought some amber covers that clip right onto of the lights (~$25 on amazon).
EBAD253E-98FE-4813-94A6-9021BF2DC4A3.JPG

daveh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Engineer
I went with the Baja Designs Squadron SAE-Compliant Off-Road Amber LED Fog Light Kit. I like the SAE compliance. I also like that they are really, really bright.

I tried installing a couple times, but ended up paying to have them installed. I did enable them as my daytime running lights by myself (using FORScan).

IMG_20201015_060943.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I got the level II on my new ranger. I put the package when I bought the truck so my only comparison is from test drives I have done. The fog lights are bright. I bought some amber covers that clip right onto of the lights (~$25 on amazon).
EBAD253E-98FE-4813-94A6-9021BF2DC4A3.JPG
Hey, Andrew, thanks for sharing your experience. I would want the fog lights to be really bright (as long as they stay legal, that is), so no problem for me. I think that you must be one of the first members to get that package. What do you think of it overall? Your truck looks great, and the wheels in particular!

Deleted member 1634

I went with a set of dual color fog lights. I can switch them between white and yellow so I can get the best of both worlds. White for when I need a little extra light right in front of the truck and/or the road is wet and glaring. Yellow is perfect for the many months of snow and fog we get here (and the places we travel).

I did a whole thread on it here, since they're unique: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dual-led-fog-lights.4230/

There are also a handful of other brands that work similarly, if not better than mine.

OP
OP
SPEEDBUILT

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
I went with a set of dual color fog lights. I can switch them between white and yellow so I can get the best of both worlds. White for when I need a little extra light right in front of the truck and/or the road is wet and glaring. Yellow is perfect for the many months of snow and fog we get here (and the places we travel).

I did a whole thread on it here, since they're unique: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dual-led-fog-lights.4230/

There are also a handful of other brands that work similarly, if not better than mine.
I read your thread, thanks!
Seems like the switching back and forth can be annoying and the amount of lumens the “pro” versions of the full replacements are more what I’m after.

Deleted member 1634

I read your thread, thanks!
Seems like the switching back and forth can be annoying and the amount of lumens the “pro” versions of the full replacements are more what I’m after.
I don't find it annoying, especially after some Forscan mods, but I can see how some could. Also, they're quite bright, certainly brighter than the stock fogs and the stock halogen low beams (though that's not too hard). I have no complaints with them.

Did you check into the brand @charwest got? I think their's were brighter than the ones I got. They commented later in that thread about them. Seem like they'd be a better setup than the ones I got. Brighter and default to white.
Sponsored