First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Construction
So after my leveling kit and larger tires I am really getting tired of the constant flashing from my fellow road warriors. I have read how to adjust in the owners manual (which incorrectly shows multiple adjusters one for high beams and one for low, which the LED is a single bulb)and on this forum, but no matter how much I turn the adjustment screw my lights simply do not move. Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
So after my leveling kit and larger tires I am really getting tired of the constant flashing from my fellow road warriors. I have read how to adjust in the owners manual (which incorrectly shows multiple adjusters one for high beams and one for low, which the LED is a single bulb)and on this forum, but no matter how much I turn the adjustment screw my lights simply do not move. Anyone else run into this?
The adjusting screw is an 8mm(5/16) hex head mounted near the top of the headlight, on the back side. You can easily get at them with a 1/4" ratchet and socket. If I remember correctly, clockwise lowers the headlights. They move very slowly, I wound up cranking mind down 3 full turns after my level kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

OUT4DUX

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Construction
The adjusting screw is an 8mm(5/16) hex head mounted near the top of the headlight, on the back side. You can easily get at them with a 1/4" ratchet and socket. If I remember correctly, clockwise lowers the headlights. They move very slowly, I would up cranking mind down 3 full turns after my level kit.
Yeah that's the one I have been turning with nothing. Clockwise 20 times and nothing ever moves. I have my headlights on aiming at the shop and there is simply no movement in either direction

jusknight

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Thanks Mike! I get the same flashing lights from oncoming traffic all the time! May have to give this a shot!

The adjusting screw is an 8mm(5/16) hex head mounted near the top of the headlight, on the back side. You can easily get at them with a 1/4" ratchet and socket. If I remember correctly, clockwise lowers the headlights. They move very slowly, I would up cranking mind down 3 full turns after my level kit.

One life live it

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JK 1985 (2008) Landrover Defender 110
HI Ranger owners, I have the same problem with my 2019 Lariat LED lights.
I don't carry much weight maybe 500 pounds of gear in the bed when going to the off grid campage. I've been disappointed in the flash from other drivers. I will try to adjust them if not to the dealer. If I'm pulling the side by side I put the load equation bars on and force the front end down.
Thanks for the information. Only had the truck (blue berry) for about 3 months.
Only upgrade is the ford power bump.

Last edited:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I’d post a pic of the screw you are turning that isn’t adjusting the headlight to make sure you are turning the right one. I keep a 8mm gear wrench combo wrench in my glove box for adjusting the lights. And it is very quick and easy.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
If they were already all the way down and you tried adjusting more it's possible that the adjuster broke.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I am assuming that it's the same for the 2019 and 2020 Ranger Larait?

Thanks,
Sponsored