Lariat Headlight Flicker

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
I’m thinking since original purchaser had a $500 discount to accept halogen I’m sort of stuck.
But, with everything being what it is: a lariat mutt with aftermarket blends of led and halogen with drop in led bulbs…. IF I wanted to take this thing to OEM LED like a “real” lariat, does anyone know what I would need to purchase? And would anything else need to be done to make it work right?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It is a lariat, but it was made with halogens.
Not sure if this helps but here’s the original sheet from the original purchaser.
image.jpg
OK, just wanted to be sure what we were dealing with. In the case of aftermarket lights I would say your flicker is a problem with the lights, not with the setup. Yours appears to be one small segment of the LED bar and only one side. If it was a setup issue it would be the whole bar and both sides. Unfortunately I don't think your dealer is going to do much for you unless you can talk him into getting you a new set of aftermarket lights.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
Right. My only real issue with the dealer is I wasn’t told I had a Frankenstein-lariat. I was specifically encouraged to get this one since it was “a lariat with LEDs”.

We’ll see what happens. Either way. You guys have been very helpful at teaching me about what I have.

In the end, if I purchased OEM LED headlamp assemblies would they plug and play and work right to give me true LEDs like a “real” lariat?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Right. My only real issue with the dealer is I wasn’t told I had a Frankenstein-lariat. I was specifically encouraged to get this one since it was “a lariat with LEDs”.

We’ll see what happens. Either way. You guys have been very helpful at teaching me about what I have.

In the end, if I purchased OEM LED headlamp assemblies would they plug and play and work right to give me true LEDs like a “real” lariat?
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/xlt-to-lariat-headlamp-upgrade.2750/

From the first page of that thread it does seem like it is plug and play. Maybe need some assembly piece? Look into that thread for more details I think it has your answers

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
See this TSB.
Update to this:
I had taken my Ranger in when this first started happening which was before my warranty was up. The person who saw it said that it's tough to nail down electrical stuff so I may need to leave the truck for several days or longer. I told them that wasn't an option so they said to check on things myself and see if I could locate the problem. Later on, you showed me this TSB.

This week I had the repair done but my warranty period had since passed. They told me it was going to be $800+. I told them that I had come in because of this problem and the fact that it was within the warranty period and I told them who on their staff had witnessed it.

In the end, they did the repair and told me not to worry about the cost. This just happened yesterday so hopefully they don't have a change of heart.
Sponsored