First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I like the painted tail pipe. What type paint did to use? Color?
Thanks

truck 2.jpg
Sponsored

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
What gloss spray paint did you use?
I used Rustoleum gloss black automotive lacquer.
I do not recommend it.
It's really soft and has all kinds of road debris and bugs embedded in it now. At some point I'm going to take it off and get it professionally done because it looks like butt.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The replacement raptor grill I bought has the tabs across the bottom but they don’t all line up with the existing slots. Any suggestions?

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The replacement raptor grill I bought has the tabs across the bottom but they don’t all line up with the existing slots. Any suggestions?
I just figured it out. I had the tabs screwed into the grill in the wrong order. Gah!

ib2blunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Late to the party, but I finally got it done. I painted the grill and the letters gloss black then put metallic blue vinyl lettering on top. The lights were sprayed with a few coats of smoke Plastidip before I attached them so that the orange wouldn't stand out too much during the day.
IMG_20200308_172101.jpg
IMG_20200308_190157.jpg
IMG_20200308_190330.jpg
IMG_20200309_060127.jpg
Where did you get your raptor grill lights? Also, did you change the fog lights bulbs or the whole housing?

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Where did you get your raptor grill lights? Also, did you change the fog lights bulbs or the whole housing?
The Lariat trim has LED fogs that are made as a whole assembly, so I couldn't change the bulb; I used Lamin-x yellow film instead. The fun part was removing the assembly to put it on - the lens is a circle that's placed behind the square openings.
As for the grille lights, I pretty much followed the procedure that msfitoy did: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/project-msfitoy-v3-0.2804/#post-37610
I used exterior double-sided gorilla tape instead of epoxy to mount them. I think I wired them a little differently, but the end result was basically the same.

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
Late to game, finally installed it today. No Gaps, no issues...uninstall of original was a pain but luckily no broken tabs and still all done under an hour. Just wondering what people did for paint...like will OTC spray paint work?

IMG_20200724_174235.jpg

IMG_20200724_174230.jpg

IMG_20200724_174216.jpg
Looks great! Welcome to the party, hope you didn't come empty handed!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Hi everyone. Dumb questions maybe, but:

1. What's the difference between the "knockoff" Raptor grill (e.g., rangergrille.com and various other aftermarket sites) and the OEM Raptor grill (e.g., on eBay)?

2. Browsing through the threads on this, it looks like the fit on the OEM is not quite right, needs a little trimming, and leaves a bit of a gap at the bottom -- is that right?

3. Is the fit and install of the knockoffs any better?

4. Is the color different? I can't really tell from the photos -- are they both basically "black" or is the OEM a little lighter in tone?

5. And what exactly is the "lettering" add-ons -- are those to do aftermarket changes to the color of the letters, or something else?

Appreciate any help you all can offer!

Rangergrille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT
Hi everyone. Dumb questions maybe, but:

1. What's the difference between the "knockoff" Raptor grill (e.g., rangergrille.com and various other aftermarket sites) and the OEM Raptor grill (e.g., on eBay)?

2. Browsing through the threads on this, it looks like the fit on the OEM is not quite right, needs a little trimming, and leaves a bit of a gap at the bottom -- is that right?

3. Is the fit and install of the knockoffs any better?

4. Is the color different? I can't really tell from the photos -- are they both basically "black" or is the OEM a little lighter in tone?

5. And what exactly is the "lettering" add-ons -- are those to do aftermarket changes to the color of the letters, or something else?

Appreciate any help you all can offer!
The Ranger is available all over the world, however there is a slight variation between the new North American Ranger and Ranger available to the rest of the world, for example the grille.
The OEM grille is made by Ford for their Ranger Raptor that is available in Asia and Australia for example, and will not properly fit the USA Ranger without some modifications, until the Raptor is available for the US market. The “knockoff grille” was designed for the USA Ranger adjusted to fit its larger grille, getting rid of that gap on the bottom.
The lettering option is available for the aftermarket grill if customers want the standard black letters or a colored option to match their truck.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Just finished installing mine. Will post pics when it is sun is out again.

I struggled with the tabs like many people have until I figured out my problem. I was prying up on the bottom tabs and I needed to pry down. Once I did that the grill popped out in less than 2 minutes with no problems and zero broken tabs. I hope my mistake helps someone else from the the hassle I experienced.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just finished installing mine. Will post pics when it is sun is out again.

I struggled with the tabs like many people have until I figured out my problem. I was prying up on the bottom tabs and I needed to pry down. Once I did that the grill popped out in less than 2 minutes with no problems and zero broken tabs. I hope my mistake helps someone else from the the hassle I experienced.

What do you mean pry down?

Do you have a picture of the older grills tabs?
Sponsored