LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I think the base model XL is great. You have a good platform to do anything you want from there and customize it your way. Plus you'll have less tech stuff (less computers/modules) in there for future problems to arise.
That's my thinking.
Thanks
Sponsored

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just recently started shopping for a 5th gen (or 6th) last week.
Walked out of a Toyota Dealership and started talking to my friends.
I originally thought the newer Rangers could only tow 3500 - (I don't know where I got that, but that's why I had already decided against a ranger.).
But after talking to my friend of how much they love their Maverick, I googled again '2022 Ranger Tow Capacity'.
And then after reading up more on the 2022 or upcoming 2023, I have made my decision to get me a 5th or 6th gen Ranger.
I'll be browsing around these forums to help my research. I'm very familiar with forums and use the FAQ's and Search features before I post.
Hopefully this is a pretty active forum.
I'm an older fellow who prefer to stay away from Facebook.
Thanks for this forum.
-Robert
Welcome to the 5th Gen forum. This is my first Ranger and Ford vehicle, took couple of months of searching for trucks in 2020 and ended up with the 2020 XLT FX4 and loving it so far. I'm always drawn to new TECHS , let us know how your search is going and what you are interested in the new 6th Gen or what specs did you like.
I can't wait to see the Ranger Raptor in the US.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Every smartphone has Navigation and apps that'll run through Bluetooth through the base model. With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you'll be able to stream anything you want ever SiriusXM. Right @Squatchranger? :wink::giggle:

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Every smartphone has Navigation and apps that'll run through Bluetooth through the base model. With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you'll be able to stream anything you want ever SiriusXM. Right @Squatchranger? :wink::giggle:
using sirius should be a warcrime lol punishable by having to drive a tacoma forever

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
using sirius should be a warcrime lol punishable by having to drive a tacoma forever

Easy there buddy, let's not get carried away. lol Although I think I'd rather be waterboarded before be forced to drive a Tacoma. :eek:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Access was simple. They add 1 extra bolt to each side at the frame. You re use the colored face parts again. Harness just plugs into the truck. If you want a trailer brake controller, you will have to add it.

Reactions: Doc