Just wanted to say hi

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I just recently started shopping for a 5th gen (or 6th) last week.
Walked out of a Toyota Dealership and started talking to my friends.
I originally thought the newer Rangers could only tow 3500 - (I don't know where I got that, but that's why I had already decided against a ranger.).
But after talking to my friend of how much they love their Maverick, I googled again '2022 Ranger Tow Capacity'.
And then after reading up more on the 2022 or upcoming 2023, I have made my decision to get me a 5th or 6th gen Ranger.
I'll be browsing around these forums to help my research. I'm very familiar with forums and use the FAQ's and Search features before I post.
Hopefully this is a pretty active forum.
I'm an older fellow who prefer to stay away from Facebook.
Thanks for this forum.
-Robert
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I originally thought the newer Rangers could only tow 3500 - (I don't know where I got that, but that's why I had already decided against a ranger.).
But after talking to my friend of how much they love their Maverick, I googled again '2022 Ranger Tow Capacity'.
And then after reading up more on the 2022 or upcoming 2023, I have made my decision to get me a 5th or 6th gen Ranger.
I'll be browsing around these forums to help my research. I'm very familiar with forums and use the FAQ's and Search features before I post.
Thanks for this forum.
-Robert
Welcome! and yes it is very active and can be not for the faint of heart but this is a great group of ppl, if you are in the us despite the ramblings and lies of others the 2023 will be a current gen aka a 5g the new 6g is gonna be for 2024 in the usa.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the 5G forum Robert. Tons of information on here and over time you’ll find out the majority of folks on here are really good people.

Depending on your area finding a 5G Ranger may be harder that you would think. So if your going in that direction start shopping around and see if anything is available. Otherwise you may have to get a 6G once they’re released

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It's funny, another reason I was shying away from the ranger is I thought the 5th gen had only been around about 3 years. But when I found out they have been successful on the other continents for several years and we're not hearing about all kinds of issues with them, that aided me in my decision.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Robert. Like others have said there's a wealth of info here and if you're using the search bar it's best to use the Google tab for better results. The towing capacity is very impressive on the Ranger and many here are towing some good size travel trailers and boats with theirs.

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yes, probably will end up with a 6th gen, but I've never been an early adopter. I buy new, but I usually buy the tail end of a generation. I don't like being a beta tester. :)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Thanks for this forum.
-Robert
welcome to r5g. Show us your new ranger when you get it!

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, probably will end up with a 6th gen, but I've never been an early adopter. I buy new, but I usually buy the tail end of a generation. I don't like being a beta tester. :)
Good thing is you will have at least 1 buffer year from the international model just like when the 5 g came out

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good thing is you will have at least 1 buffer year from the international model just like when the 5 g came out
Possibly another with the parts constraints too. I'd order as soon as the order banks open up that way you'll at least be in line with your order.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly another with the parts constraints too. I'd order as soon as the order banks open up that way you'll at least be in line with your order.
Agreed as was our experience with the bronco even if you order a 21 in that case you will probably get a 23 or 24 anyway lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agreed as was our experience with the bronco even if you order a 21 in that case you will probably get a 23 or 24 anyway lol
Well I reserved my Bronco 10/14/20 and I'm still waiting. :frown: