Hi

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
No, I have a wonderful and functional damper on the left side of the tailgate, you, well, its just plain...:crackup:
I keep my word to stay on neutral ground until @AzScorpion keeps dampers out of this thread.
But I will remember you for this:p
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I keep my word to stay on neutral ground until @AzScorpion keeps dampers out of this thread.
But I will remember you for this:p
Now you're asking for the impossible to happen. I did try once but it was one of the worse days of my life and I was sick and nauseous like I had a hangover. :crazy:

1677187268835.png

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you're asking for the impossible to happen. I did try once but it was one of the worse days of my life and I was sick and nauseous like I had a hangover. :crazy:

1677187268835.png
Uh, okay ?
If it really makes you feel better you can have one post. One! And use it wisely.
Of course you can’t ban me for next 5 years and have to keep my “Cool feet” thread damper-free ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Uh, okay ?
If it really makes you feel better you can have one post. One! And use it wisely.
Of course you can’t ban me for next 5 years and have to keep my “Cool feet” thread damper-free ?
o_O

1677187886385.jpeg

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SusanAndy80

SusanAndy80

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger Pick-up 4.0 V6
Hello,

So as I can see there is a lot of active members here, and as you know I am looking for a new car (Ranger preferably), I wanted to ask you - when you are looking for a car , either new or pre-owned, what are you interested in before buying? Interior, features, measurements, facelift, transmission, engine? What I should look for, as I don't want to buy some car that doesn't fit me.

:)

TheNorseman

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Grey Ford Ranger XLT, FX4
Occupation
Metalworker
Look at your driving usage first of all, if you are just using your vehicle for quick commuting, comfort might not rank super high on the list of needs. If you don’t intend to keep it for a long time, reliability of engine/tranny and longevity of materials may not be as high priority. For me, I live in Alaska, a state that takes 20 hrs to drive from the largest city to the northernmost part of the state accessible by roads, and I do a lot of long trips during the summer, and additionally every month take a weekend to drive 6 hrs one way to visit my future father in law. That in mind comfort is quite a high priority in my book. Interior features aren’t super important to me, because I’m a bit of a Luddite at heart, and prefer things to be as simple as possible. While I love the way the ranger looks, it could look like a turd on wheels (read Tacoma) and I wouldn’t really care. Gas mileage is also something that’s important to me because of all the driving I do, and the ranger gets the best in its class. I believe that it is generally a good rule of thumb to get the smallest vehicle that fits your needs, in the interest of maneuverability, cost, mpg, and just not making a bigger impact than necessary.

TLDR:Think about what you need from your vehicle, and buy what best meets those needs. You almost certainly won’t find something that fits you perfectly, so make sure you know what is most important to you.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kristina, I like your style. Keep them on their toes. Ha Ha.
Thanks!
I’ll try my best. Now it’s much easier than I have 5 year immunity against getting banned.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Hello,

So as I can see there is a lot of active members here, and as you know I am looking for a new car (Ranger preferably), I wanted to ask you - when you are looking for a car , either new or pre-owned, what are you interested in before buying? Interior, features, measurements, facelift, transmission, engine? What I should look for, as I don't want to buy some car that doesn't fit me.

FORD

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I think the answer is different for every person. When I was looking to replace my 2005 Ranger, I looked at a few different makes and made a list of features that were important to me for what I intended to use the truck for. I then compared the different makes I was looking at and quickly eliminated most of them. In the end, it came down to the Ranger and the Tacoma. After test driving the Tacoma, my decision was made.

For me, technology, comfort, power and towing capability were all important. I actually listed out individual items and weighted them as to how important they were and tried to do a unbiased evaluation. The Ranger came out on top and after almost 4 years, I'm very happy with my decision. In hindsight, I would make exactly the same decision again.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Sponsored